Black Metal.

yeah, its fuckin' horrid. :( And every one of those doctors tried to prescribe me some pill or antibiotic that was known to be ototoxic. And those were the people who were supposed to help me. The only thing you can do is live to learn with it and try blocking it out. But habituating is easier said than done.

yeah, its fuckin' horrid. :( And every one of those doctors tried to prescribe me some pill or antibiotic that was known to be ototoxic. And those were the people who were supposed to help me. The only thing you can do is live to learn with it and try blocking it out. But habituating is easier said than done.
I hope you find some kind of solution if possible. It's always somewhat frightening not knowing what the source of a condition is.

I'm sorry to hear that, really.

Apparently, those doctors thought the solution to the problem would be eliminating your hearing entirely. :rolleyes:
I knew they were full of shit when every single one of them told "it should get better soon", while every person i knew that had tinnitus said those docs were full of shit for saying that. Guess which one of them was right? And they actually had the nerve to say "dont believe what you hear from others or read on the internet". I've had more helpful advice from the web and others than i have had form any one of those frauds.

I had similar issues with doctors prescribing me medication that only worsened my condition. Most doctors/ENTs I spoke to had no idea what I was even talking about.
Yeah, pretty much this.

I have very mild tinnitus from when I was a teenager listening too loud, but can only notice if it's completely silent. I now try to keep the music selection appropriate to what I'm listening through. Heavier shit sounds better when you can turn it up on some speakers and feel the drums anyway (Prime reason I'll never live in an apartment). Stick to the more atmospheric stuff or other genres if headphoning.

Let's not get into a political debate here--but holy fucking shit, Zeal and Ardor kicks ass:

:lol: at the origin story behind that musical project:

Wikipedia said:
Gagneux started Zeal and Ardor in response to two messages left to him on 4chan by two different users. One of these users suggested that he fuse "black metal", while another suggested "my pals music"; in response, he started Zeal and Ardor, which features elements of both black metal and Negro spirituals.

idk if any of y'all lurk /mu/ much, but there's a sizable chunk of people participating in what they call Nothing But Black Metal November. I'm currently one day in and will probably exhaust my collection before too long. Anyone got any recs from this year that I can grab ahead of a time?