Black Metal.

Satan's Almighty Penis is classic. Super fucking weird but well executed.

And absolutely about Bone Awl. The quality doesn't even take away from the catchiness too. That raw ass production actually adds to the catchy sound.

I wish there were more like those dudes. The blackened punk style (aside from the OG black metal à la Venom of course)

Reactions: The Butt
Satan's Almighty Penis is classic. Super fucking weird but well executed.

And absolutely about Bone Awl. The quality doesn't even take away from the catchiness too. That raw ass production actually adds to the catchy sound.

I wish there were more like those dudes. The blackened punk style (aside from the OG black metal à la Venom of course)

I'd say there's a pretty decent amount of stuff similar to Bone Awl, to be honest, though not all of it is straight-up black metal. I feel like a few years ago, there were a ton of crusty hardcore bands playing riffs that were something like Japanese hardcore meets Sardonic Wrath Darkthrone.

Personally, in terms of black metal, I've been listening to a ton of Necrobutcher which is like blackend grindcore....more like early Sarcofago but wayyyyyy the fuck more extreme.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
A patient of mine was listening to Arghoslent so I talked to him about death metal. Turns out he's in a one man black metal band. He gave me a limited CD which is on the label Barbarian Wrath and threw in a thank you note for taking care of him as well. Thought that was pretty cool. No idea if it's any good, but it's next in the queue.