Black Metal.

Does anyone find they tend to ignore growled vocals of an album after a few listens? For me they always blend into the music and just become part of the rhythm, which essentially they are.

Does anyone find they tend to ignore growled vocals of an album after a few listens? For me they always blend into the music and just become part of the rhythm, which essentially they are.

I know what you mean. This is often true with black metal vocals.

Life Sucks said:
I'm been listening to Mayhem - DMDS lately, and I've really noticed more than ever how much the vocals suck. Particularly the times when he tries to sing a vocal melody in his gruff bm voice.

That is exactly what makes his voice so great. Don't hate them because you would never have thought of them. :Smug:

Atilla's vocals are fantastic. I had never seen a picture of Atilla
until recently and when I did see him I found myself surprised that he looked like a normal guy. I always had this image of him in my mind as some weird fucked up looking guy, and I attribute that to his vocal performance on DMDS. I think that is really a testament to how good they are.

l_1be1436977ed46351aee748168823f2e.jpg
So badass.
If they wouldnt have charged over 50 bones in the states I would have seen them live.