Black Metal.

I have not delved too much into black metal, though I like alot of bands like Darkthrone, Wolves in the Throne Room, Behemoth, Drudkh, Summoning, Enslaved, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Bal-Sagoth

I have alot of black metal cds which I have yet to really listen to...

My favorite genre! I wont make a huge list of bands that I like...just a few not yet mentioned: Judas Iscariot, Moonblood, Necromantia, Mystifier, Xasthur, Weakling, Veles, Ibex Throne, Denial of God, Nortt, Antaeus,Count Nosferatu, Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult, Fog, Faustcoven, Thy Infernal, Havohej, Profanatica, Maniac Butcher , Haemoth ,Keep of Kalessin, Blasphemy, Krieg, Lunar Aurora, Tsjuder, Baptism, Horna, Behexen, Sargeist, Hades Almighty, Carpathian Forest, Marduk, Inquisition, Nachtmystium, Countess, Crimson Moon , early Satyricon, early Samael...

I guess I did make a huge list :erk:

My tacky SMS to friend today:

"Happy Xmas and all that Christian shit. May Hillsong burn in Black Metal flames!"

SMS reply from friend:

"Black xmass mate. May the churches burn under the funeral moon!"

I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes. Ah the joy of letting go sometimes and enjoying being childish. It's good fun! :D

Black Metal is great. Bands such as Sigh, Sabbat, Kadenzza, Xasthur, Mort, Leviathan, Summoning, Drudkh, Negura Bunget, Mayhem, Burzum, Melechesh and Emperor make outstanding black metal. OP, if you haven't already, get yourself familiar with Japanese Black Metal. It really is a hidden gem.

No one here has mentioned Darkestrah. Brilliant band with an excellent future ahead.

Agreed, superb band.

As for black metal in general, yes, I do consider myself a fan, but I'm very selective with the bands I like, I find quite a lot of it uninspired, boring rubbish.
Some of my favourite BM bands: Clandestine Blaze, Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord, The Ruins Of Beverast, Ulver, Ethereal Woods, Cryfemal, Nagelfar, Altoriu Seseliai, Vlad Tepes, Nazgul (ita), Verdensrike, Night Conquers Day, Pest (ger), Thorns, Root, Stiny Plamenu, Xasthur, Asmodeus, Endstille, Destroyer 666, Graveland, I Shalt Become.............

Anyways, In general I lean towards slower paced, atmospheric BM.

Think these havn't been mentioned, Sabbat (jpn) Impaled Nazarene :headbang: i don't know too much black metal, but i'm definetly a big fan.

Décadent;5716342 said:
Destroyer 666 are not a black metal band.
Not really. Only the riffing technique is black metal. What I understand even less, is that some people label them a thrash band, as I hear absolutely nothing thrashy in their sound. Regardless, they are a great band.

Not a thrash band? I'm sorry, I must be missing something. I can't begin to imagine what D666 would be without Destruction, and further to the point, in all the interviews I've read, Keith laughs off black metal as being a massive joke.

Let's just call 'em Satanic Speed Metal, shall we? :lol:

Not really. Only the riffing technique is black metal. What I understand even less, is that some people label them a thrash band, as I hear absolutely nothing thrashy in their sound. Regardless, they are a great band.

I view them as black/thrash, its good but I've heard better.

I know it sounds somewhat narrow-minded, but I find blackened thrash to be a way to make Black Metal more accessible. I generally ignore it.

Décadent;5716497 said:
Not a thrash band? I'm sorry, I must be missing something. I can't begin to imagine what D666 would be without Destruction, and further to the point, in all the interviews I've read, Keith laughs off black metal as being a massive joke.

Let's just call 'em Satanic Speed Metal, shall we? :lol:
Their sound doesn't have that "crunch" to it that thrash has(at least in my opinion). The riffing style is completely unthrashy. But, I guess different people have different views of what sounds thrashy. People say Megiddo are thrashy black metal, but I listened to The Devil and The Whore, and it was one of the least thrashy black metal albums I've ever heard.