Black Metal.

As I've mentioned before, I can't get into the Peste Noire full-length as of yet. I'm too accustomed to the Macabre Transcendance... tape, and the production of La Sanie des siècles doesn't sit too well with me. I'll give it another shot though.

I've been listening to quite a bit of early to mid 90's Swedish black metal lately, stuff like Thornium, Throne of Ahaz, Arckanum, Nefandus, Nåstrond, Sacramentum and Allegiance.

Great album :kickass:

forside.jpg

Sounds great, thanks!

As I've been saying lately, the new Peste Noire is very nice. I like the new Spleen better than the demo one, as well...

Anyone else like it?!

One of the top 3 albums of the year for me I think, it’s superbly original, passionate and beautiful.

Deuil Angoisseux in particular has to be one of the most emotional songs I've ever heard from any genre.

Firstly, nothing comapres to black metal. Anybody who likes metal for the pure sake of message, motivation, imagery, and/or atmosphere should get a dose of black metal. People who don't like metal for any of those reasons should go die. Black metal is by far the most extensive, expanding, and powerful sub-genre of metal next to funeral doom (well at least I like funeral doom *shifty eyes*).

For bands I listen to: Pretty much everything mentioned throughout this thread (with a few exceptions that I havn't become familiar with) and quite a bit more.

Unfournetly I havn't ordered much black metal of the late as I'm getting into the drone-doom, especial ones made by Southern Lord (hoping to buy large amounts of Sunn 0))), Boris, and Earth records, amongst merchandise).

Reactions: Hubster
Firstly, nothing comapres to black metal. Anybody who likes metal for the pure sake of message, motivation, imagery, and/or atmosphere should get a dose of black metal. People who don't like metal for any of those reasons should go die. Black metal is by far the most extensive, expanding, and powerful sub-genre of metal next to funeral doom (well at least I like funeral doom *shifty eyes*).

For bands I listen to: Pretty much everything mentioned throughout this thread (with a few exceptions that I havn't become familiar with) and quite a bit more.

Unfournetly I havn't ordered much black metal of the late as I'm getting into the drone-doom, especial ones made by Southern Lord (hoping to buy large amounts of Sunn 0))), Boris, and Earth records, amongst merchandise).

I agree, and I've been exploring more funeral doom, and drone music lately. Of course I like Sunn O))) etc but if you haven't already, check out Monarch's "Speak of the Sea." Its kind of like doom/drone from France with a nice bleak atmosphere to it - though 2 songs, its 38 mins in length but excellent. Also in terms of funeral doom, Ahab's "The Call of the Wretched Sea" is incredible.

Unknown said:
Angantyr, Alcest, Amesoeurs, Averse Sefira, BATHORY, Burzum, Darkspace, Dark Tribe, Deathspell Omega, Drudkh, Graveland, Hate Forest, I Shalt Become, Immortal, Mortifera, Negura Bunget, Pestilential Shadows, Primordial, Sacramentum, Taake, Wolves in the Throne Room, Wigrid, Zarathustra
Have I ever told you I love you?

Unknown said:
Alkonost, Balrog, Belinus, Darkestrah, Dub Buk, Fanisk, Geasa, Heol Telwen, Krohm, Kvist, Lunaris, Manes, Master's Hammer, Mefisto, Mirrorthrone, Mysterium, Pagan Reign, Secrets of the Moon, Stiny Plamenu, Velimor, Vulpecula
Do us a favour and give me a brief rundown of some or all of these bands. I seem to be lacking in my knowedge of them.

Décadent;5722005 said:
Have I ever told you I love you?
Do us a favour and give me a brief rundown of some or all of these bands. I seem to be lacking in my knowedge of them.

:oops:
this may take a moment...

Alkonost - folk black metal type stuff. the band uses keyboards but not too heavily. they lean more towards folk metal rather than black metal

Balrog (fra) - I'm really surprised not more people know about Balrog. Light speed drums and riffs. Really nothing to complain about...the lyrics/titles seem to be rather cheesy, but the music is great, imo. Check out Bestial Satanic Terror

Belinus (Ire) - Primordial worship band number one. that should paint a vivid enough picture

Darkestrah - Fucking awesome band! Oh man. The riffs! These guys know how to tear it up. Embrace of Memory is such a great fucking record

Dub Buk - Black metal from Ukraine. They combine some pretty interesting elements. very nationalistic. Idu Na Wy is a good place to start

Fanisk - V5 turned me on to this band. The remastered version of Noontide is great. Definitely not for people with short attention spans (all of the songs clock in at over 8 minutes). Keyboards are present but add atmosphere. Great drums.

Geasa - Primordial worship band number two

Heol Telwen - Folk/pagan/celtic metal. Think of Cruachan with a set of testicles (and better music...actually, don't think of Cruachan). Not cheesy at all. An Deiz Ruz is a good album with a fair amount of variety. Hope you don't mind pennywhistles

Krohm - Interesting artist. The music is very "trancy" (as a reviewer on M-A put it). The musicianship is good. More midpaced songs rather than 5000bpm songs

Kvist - I know a number of people that hold For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike in high regard. One album band, and it's a damn good serving of melodic black metal. You can hear the bass! What a novel concept

Lunaris - Symphonic melodic black metal I guess. Their first album, The Infinite has some very cool tracks. if you're at all into early Arcturus and that sort of stuff

Manes - Think Burzum but with more influences and stuff thrown in. keyboards and other atmospheric things are present.

Master's Hammer - Ritual was released in 1990, so you can kind of imagine how it sounds. lo-fi and pretty odd at times, but I still consider it a solid effort.

Mefisto - uh...not sure why I threw them into a black metal list...they're a blackened thrash/speed metal type band. They only have a best of/compilation released, and it's a pretty good cd if you can get your dirty mits on it

Mirrorthrone - Carriers of Dust was one of the best black metal releases this year. Again, not for the short attention span people. The production is fucking nice. The riffs and musicianship are fucking excellent. Get this album now.

Mysterium - Another celtic/pagan black metal band with some Gothic/doom elements thrown in (mainly regarding vocals and instrumentation)

Pagan Reign (rus) - a fucking excellent band. I've only heard Ydeli Biloy Veri (Destiny of Ancient Fate), but they released another cd this year which I'm sure is also amazing. Great riffs. Nice production. The keyboards kind of bug me at times, but nothing too major

Secrets of the Moon - great German BM band. Their songs are pretty different from your standard bm bands. a good amount of variety, great riffs and a nice production makes them stand out.

Stiny Plamenu - another East European bm band that plays good black metal. Drums aren't produced very well. But the music is great. All three of their albums are pretty good

Velimor - Russian NS band. I've only heard For the Glory of Our Kin, and I really like it

Vulpecula (US) - ambient black/death metal. It's done by the same guy in Ares Kingdom and Order From Chaos (if you know who they are). Slightly different black metal. In Dusk Apparition is a solid album

now I'm going to bed. always glad to help.

Cheers bloke, this:
Vulpecula (US) - ambient black/death metal. It's done by the same guy in Ares Kingdom and Order From Chaos (if you know who they are). Slightly different black metal. In Dusk Apparition is a solid album
Is going straight to the top of my list.

Whats this album, the cover has the guy holding two skulls, with his arms crossed over?

Fucking post of 2006. :kickass:

Forget the faggotry of power metal, and the bland genericism of death metal. Black Metal is where it's at. IMO it is the only subtype of metal left with artistic and philosophical expansion and future.

Most importantly, it holds a higher purpose than any other kind of music today: a spiritual, pagan and ethnic metal expression of artistic, historical and cultural truths & fantasies.

Let's face it. Black Metal fucking rules (this also means that all us Black Metal freaks in this thread fucking rule).