Black Metal.

Exactly, it's per say, the zen of the message. The music is just there for extra emphasization and added expression. This is also why I like drone-doom. The music is secondary (to an uttermost extreme at that point) and the feeling, emotion, atmosphere totally consumes.

This is true. I listen to a lot of black doom myself. It realy just encompasses you and rips your soul apart. I quite enjoy it :D

Mmm... if anyone is interessted there's a realy good article on black metal here. For anyone who is a hardcore black metal fan this will be nothing new, but for anyone getting into black metal or who want to learn more about the aspects of black metal itself as a ideology this is a good read.

I agree with the above posts as well which I why I love French black metal so much. And I like funeral doom but Nortt is the only black/funeral doom band that I listen to, what are some others?

Oh dear, we couldn't have recommendations in an unsolicited thread now, could we?

Besides, I was actually wrong. Unknown spouted off a great list of well-to-do bands that I shall now spent the entire day researching.

Can anyone give me some opinions of Proclamation?

Well this thread has been great, and you just slammed it. First proactive Black Metal thread I've seen on UM for a long time.

Anyhow, lets move on.

Décadent;5727546 said:
Oh dear, we couldn't have recommendations in an unsolicited thread now, could we?

Oh fuck off, this shit is just silly...deal with me via PM or don't deal with me at all. This thread is great and the members of this forum have been nicely well-behaved lately, so let's keep it that way.

If you would like to recommend some things you think are nice, feel free to. What happened to you?

Reactions: Hubster
So does anyone have the new albums from Besatt "Black Mass" or Enochian Crescent "Black Church" - I recently read a couple good reviews for them and wanted to check them out, as well as Eyes of Ligeia who was recommended to me earlier.

I seem to be content on getting every single good black metal release this year lol. If anyone has any recent french black metal albums and wouldnt mind uploading them for me, I'd be glad to trade for them. I'm always one for wanting to check out cool new releases.

And as mentioned before I've got around 350 albums from this year, about 100 of which are black metal. Notable bands include Sombre Chemin, Anti, Dornenreich, Peste Noire, Antaeus, Negura Bunget, Keep of Kalessin, Stielas Storhett, Secrets of the Moon and funeral doom's Ahab and many more. So PM me if anyone has anything I might want to check out, and I could upload some stuff in exchange.

I
my least favorite BM band is Darkthrone at the moment, I got a blaze in the northern sky but thought it sounded basically kinda crap in the end, sounds like it came out of a garbage can (productionwise) and the songs just aren't very good. The intro is cool but that's all I can say about that album really.

you need your ears checked. :Smug:

Besatt's Black Mass is a good album, albeit a little inconsistent. Still well worth grabbing though.

if you've got it could you upload it via yousendit, rapidshare or whatever? that would be awesome cause i've tried to find it through torrents and stuff but couldn't - only dead ones.

I like to write them, but I find I can't do enough of a decent job unless I have a good grasp of the bands philosophy, direction and history.

Here's one I did write though.

Children Of Maani - The Veil Of Osiris EP:

269188.jpg

"Quite possibly the best 3rd wave black metal EP ever released, this 4 track mini CD includes around 20 minutes (it could and should have been a 3", but we'll let that slip) of exceptionally melodic black metal with a death metal feel at times. The production is rather crisp, and fits the sound very well. Though this is not really a "band" in the traditional sense (it is Vindsval from Blut Aus Nord playing all instruments and most likely doing drum programming, though I can't quite tell as the drum sound, even if electronic, is pretty damn good anyway), this CD is a brilliant demonstration of black metal "musicianship", as all songs are written perfectly, have excellent climaxes as well as great epic solos. The bass, unlike most black metal, accentuates the recording, providing a disturbingly ample amount of low end to each track along with the double bass drumming, further separating this project from most modern black metal. The first two tracks are perfectly well written pieces of music. The third track, "Tiphareth... And Beams Of Malchuth - After The Five Ones", contains an amazing shredding solo section after a particularly brilliant bunch of riffs for the first few minutes of the song. The last track, however, is easily the best track on the CD. It has a great riff that lasts throughout the song, and it ends with a tapping (I believe) outro which couldn't end more perfectly. Even if this is only twenty minutes of music, I encourage all fans of Blut Aus Nord's early material, people who enjoy newer Deathspell Omega, etc. to pick this up if you can find it...it is hard to find, however. Very, very worth it though. Highest recommendations."

-Yours truly