Black Metal.

No, you're wrong. It's not album of the year or anything, but it's good for what it is. A short, very, very minimal black/drone/doom album.

I like the atmosphere and feelings it evokes. It's different than forests, or icy mountains, or fjords.

I love Black Metal..IMO good Black Metal can be better then any other genre of Music..

Examples -

Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina
Borknagar - Empericism
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane

Limbonic art? Can someone recommend me something by them

I love Black Metal..IMO good Black Metal can be better then any other genre of Music..

Examples -

Borknagar - Empericism

You and Zephyrus will get along just fine.:)

Examples -

Borknagar - Empericism

Start with Ad Noctum: Dynasty of Death. If you like the aggression of the guitars and drumming, go forward. If you like the symphonic element, go backward.

So I just got a package from Nuclear Winter Records, and among the inserts included is one from Ahdistuksen Aihio Productions, and on their next list of next releases for spring is included HAIL - INHERITANCE OF EVILNESS DLP with two bonus tracks. Awesome. That should sound amazing on vinyl. I'm very interested in these bonus tracks as well.

So I just got a package from Nuclear Winter Records, and among the inserts included is one from Ahdistuksen Aihio Productions, and on their next list of next releases for spring is included HAIL - INHERITANCE OF EVILNESS DLP with two bonus tracks. Awesome. That should sound amazing on vinyl. I'm very interested in these bonus tracks as well.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Bonus tracks! This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time. I don't even own a record player, but I'll certainly be buying one along with this LP. Awesome fucking news! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Faustcoven - Rising From Below The Earth should be completely recorded by early 2008.

Edit: I just asked Black Goat about the Hail album. It is officially licensed, and the 2 bonus tracks, totaling about 22 minutes, were recorded during the same session as the album.

He also told me that Hail is DEAD, that Dirtmaster hasn't even played guitar in years, and that he's been sucked into the world of online gaming. He hasn't even had contact with him in over a year.

Shit, I'm late on Bathory, but I started listening to "Blood Fire Death" earlier & it kicks ass. Pretty damn good shit. Not the purest of BM I've heard & it rarely brings Vikings to mind, but good nonetheless.

I'm liking Blood Fire Death. Is Under the Sign better you think? I kinda got other priorities in black metal right now like... Agalloch, Endstille, Forest of Impaled, Ildjarn, Limbonic Art, Mirrorthrone, Mörk Gryning, Naglfar, Negura Bunget, Obtest, & Vinterland. Fucking a.

Better? Well it's hard to compare art in such a way. I like them all; but it would be safe to say it is my favorite. Under the Sign was one of the first real incarnations of black metal as we now know it. It pretty much began the redundant and relentless qualities that exist on so many great second wave albums. In fact, you will even find a few Darkthrone and Burzum riffs on this album, slightly different of course.

No hurry to get it, but it is worth it if you are into the whole Darkthone/Mayhem type sound.