Black Metal.

Thanks for reminding me about Gontyna Kry. I totally forgot about that band. I remember listening to Welowie a couple of years ago and appreciating it quite a bit.

It's OK, I think it's kind of overhyped, but then again I think the same thing of bands like Funeral Mist and Watain.
I agree on Watain but Funeral Mist is probably the best of all new wave of "worship him" black metal bands imo (maybe because they aren't that new).

What's the deal with "Anaal Nathrakh"?? I've never heard them before, but when I looked them up I saw they were Black Metal/Grind which is a weird fucking combination... Are they really worth looking into??

What's the deal with "Anaal Nathrakh"?? I've never heard them before, but when I looked them up I saw they were Black Metal/Grind which is a weird fucking combination... Are they really worth looking into??

I know a lot of people don't like them, but I'm quite a fan of them. I would get "Domine Non Es Dignus" first, seeing as I think its their most solid and consistent album.

I know a lot of people don't like them, but I'm quite a fan of them. I would get "Domine Non Es Dignus" first, seeing as I think its their most solid and consistent album.

DNED is their weakest, in my opinion, particularly in regards to the production. Luckily Eschaton came and combined it with what it lacked.

I would start with Eschaton, as it's the most accessible of their albums.

It's very traditionally-minded Black Metal with large Doses of Heavy Metal. Think Venom, Bathory, Celtic Frost, Mercyful Fate, Manowar, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, and a bit of originality to blend it all together smoothly. This goes for most of the albums except The Gospel Of The Horned One and The Shining Swords Of Hate, more or less.

http://www.myspace.com/orthodoxblackmetal

I am on their myspace and I am really digging it. I have a place where I can pick up some of his(?) records. Where should start?

North - From The Dark Past is highly recommended black metal.

Other things worthy of checking out for people who haven't yet done so...Spite Extreme Wing (anything is pretty damn good by these guys, but a bit different...if you're more into drawn out BM check out Non Dvcor, Dvco) and Stielas Storhett.

"Eschaton" is my second favorite of their albums, but DNED always struck something with me. I never really saw any major issues with the production, but I wasn't really paying attention to it, I just liked the chaotic atmosphere on that album more that any of their other stuff.

That's a great one too...something I've been looking at/wondering how to do ever since I heard that album is...that fucking creaky, weird, alien sound before some of the songs in there. So badass.

I am on their myspace and I am really digging it. I have a place where I can pick up some of his(?) records. Where should start?

The only ones you're going to be able to find easily are The Return Of The Horned One, Spawn Of Steel, Holocaust Of The God Believers, and the new one, Blazing Flames Of War. You can get all of these from The Basar North America for $12 each. I would probably start with the new one and The Return... first. Interestingly, Blazing... contains two rerecordings of old songs from The Return... It's interesting to hear those songs with better recording quality, yet the integrity of the original recordings are intact. Heilig Vuur may not be too hard to track down as well, I highly recommend that one too.

Other things worthy of checking out for people who haven't yet done so...Spite Extreme Wing (anything is pretty damn good by these guys, but a bit different...if you're more into drawn out BM check out Non Dvcor, Dvco).

I have Kosmokrator, and I think it's pretty damn good.

The only ones you're going to be able to find easily are The Return Of The Horned One, Spawn Of Steel, Holocaust Of The God Believers, and the new one, Blazing Flames Of War. You can get all of these from The Basar North America for $12 each. I would probably start with the new one and The Return... first. Interestingly, Blazing... contains two rerecordings of old songs from The Return... It's interesting to hear those songs with better recording quality, yet the integrity of the original recordings are intact. Heilig Vuur may not be too hard to track down as well, I highly recommend that one too.

Yea, I am going to go with the new one and Holocaust Of The God Believers,which mind you is a terrible album title. I will tell you how it is.

Starting on the CDr's Mathias sent me today with Belenos - Spicilege. I can see why Mort likes this band so much. It's amazing stuff that utilizes a whole range of black metal styles, from slow, Burzum-y passages to Marduk-style attacks, and all conveyed through a folkish lens. I was after this band's albums for a while (no luck on eBay) and I'm glad I finally got a taste (though I'd rather own the album). What's the best one after this?