Black Metal.

As unknown said, fucking Nocternity. Everything they've released is awesome, but Onyx is simply fucking amazing. One of my favourite post-2000 Black Metal albums.

Some other essential stuff for fans of Hellenic (Black) Metal:

Agatus - Dawn of Matyrdom
Legion of Doom - Kingdom of Infinite Darkness
Kawir - To Cavirs
Macabre Omen - The Ancient Returns
Necromantia - Crossing the Fiery Path
Necromantia - Scarlet Evil, Wtiching Black
Nergal - The Wizard of Nerath
Nightfall - Parade Into Centuries
Rotting Christ - Thy Mighty Contract
Rotting Christ - Non Serviam
Stutthof - Towards Thy Astral Path
The Elysian Fields - Adelain
Thou Art Lord - Eosforos
Wolfnacht - Heidentum
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp
Zephyrous - Towards... (I'm somewhat undecided on this)
Zemial - For the Glory of UR
Zemial - In Monumentum

ty good sir and everyone else. I actually saw Onyx on a blog a few weeks or so back and grabbed it.Pretty happy with it

No way, start with The Olden Domain. It's the first I heard way back when, and it's still my favorite today. The debut and The Archaic Course are excellent as well, but don't come close to touching TOD. I'm a Garm fanboy, though, so what do I know?

Also, I declare Germany has the best Black Metal scene.

I think German is the most generic scene yet, tons of norsk black metal bands. There is some excellent one such as Katharsis, The Ruins of Beverast and Lunar Aurora but I can't say they really have their own "sound" yet.

I think German is the most generic scene yet, tons of norsk black metal bands. There is some excellent one such as Katharsis, The Ruins of Beverast and Lunar Aurora but I can't say they really have their own "sound" yet.

I forgot those bands! That scene is great, imo. I do understand where you are coming from though.

Quintessence
The Archaic Course
The Olden Domain
Borknagar
Empiricism
Epic
Origin

In that order. Start anywhere in the top four.

Indeed.

Also Zeph, did you listen to the Rahu demo?

As much as I love Quintessence, I find the Archaic Course is THE ICX Borknagar record. Quintessence's production is terrible as well, albeit, the songs are awesome.

Also Zeph, did you listen to the Rahu demo?
I've got a few promos to get to first. I'll hook you up with some Blacklodge in the meantime.
I think I'm going to buy me Filosofem soon in a week or so.
Don't forget to plug in the proper song titles when you upload it.
As much as I love Quintessence, I find the Archaic Course is THE ICX Borknagar record. Quintessence's production is terrible as well, albeit, the songs are awesome.

I'm in a minority in thinking the production is appropriate for that record. It may be more lo-fi compared to their other works, but that's exactly as it should sound. I would describe the production as fiery and hellish, and oppressively atmospheric. They stopped using much folk influence on that album, so the production didn't require to more polished sound of the two previous albums.