Black Metal.

Anyone checked out the band vesania? Great polish black metal and behemoths guitarist orion does vocals/guitars for them.

A band with Vicotnik and Asgeir Mickelson...Erik O Lancelot (from early Ulver) used to play drums, but he was apparently replaced with Asgeir. Go check out their album Nouveau Gloaming

code-nouveau_gloaming.jpg

edit: @Nec

I found Code to be pretty durn overrated, meself. The new Lunar Aurora is some great BM however...they never really do any wrong anyway, though...

I still nee to check out Lunar Aurora myself. Will probably do so this weekend. Feel free to name any important Black Metal bands that I'm probably missing, as I really haven't kept up much. I know the basics, such as the various Neige projects, Celestia, Drudkh, Darkspace/Paysage d'Hiver, what have you, but not much beyond that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code have just announced that the vocalist for the forthcoming second album will be Simen Hestnaes (Arcturus/Dimmu Borgir). Check our myspace site for more information in the blog.

Aort
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm slightly annoyed. simen hestnaes is a decent vocalist, but I was hoping for somebody a bit more...I don't know...raw?

Simen Hestnaes is God. This is great news!

Who the fuck is Code?

Interesting British BM (I think British) but they're pretty unique and such. Don Anderson of Agalloch mentioned how he thought they were one of the few good new BM bands, and while I disagree with the majority of the statement they are a good band.

It is great to know that Vortex is taking over their vocals, though I'm not sure how he'll fit them.

Deathspell Omega - Kenose is awesome. I cannot stress this enough. The second song in particular is masterful. The whole album is orth repeated listens. I feel it's vastly underrated compared to SMRC.

Yeah, Arcturus isn't that good.

He was on the newest Arcturus, and on The Archaic Course and Quintessence for Borknagar.