Black Metal.

that might be part of the reason why the last Arcturus sucked and by sucked I mean completely.

The main reason it was below Arcturus-par was due to the production, holy fuck did that suck. I think Simen did a good job on the album.

Vortex was great in Borknagar, but I think he's not been given a chance to properly show his talents since then.

His best vocal performance to date has to be in Lamented Souls, pretty good traditional doom band.

I will agree in that, the last album was... well, pretty below par.

Both of which are great albums.

I'm getting conflicting messages here:p It's sad that they'll probably never release anything that is as great as La Masquerade Infernale. I've just listened to it again and it's pure magic. Pretentious to some ears but imo it's seething with atmosphere and emotion. Devil Doll devotees who dislike this( and I know a couple) are a complete enigma to me.

I just stumbled across this tidbit on Blabbermouth:

The resurrected VED BUENS ENDE (Norwegian for "At the End of the Rainbow"), the Norwegian avant-garde metal band who split up in 1997 after after releasing only one full-length album (1995's "Written in Waters") through Misanthropy Records, has once again called it quits. An official statement on the matter is expected soon.

---

I really hope this is a joke

I just stumbled across this tidbit on Blabbermouth:

The resurrected VED BUENS ENDE (Norwegian for "At the End of the Rainbow"), the Norwegian avant-garde metal band who split up in 1997 after after releasing only one full-length album (1995's "Written in Waters") through Misanthropy Records, has once again called it quits. An official statement on the matter is expected soon.

---

I really hope this is a joke

Yeah I just read this. Not fucking happy! I was really looking forward to a new Ved Buens Ende album.

I'm surprised at the scores people have been giving Watain. I think they're a solid band and have enjoyed every album.