Black Metal.

Both albums are very good and different from one another. The second one requires more patience. Xasthur, on the other hand, is much more samey and repetitive across his entire catalogue than that album.

OUT NOW :

BUP-23 - ARCHGOAT (Fi) "The Light-Devouring Darkness" 12" LP
BUP-24 - ARCHGOAT (Fi) "The Light-Devouring Darkness" CD

You can get your copy here and shortly via your local distributor.
Hells Headbangers is the exclusive distributor of the vinyl version in North America.

This coming week, "The Light-Devouring Darkness" T-Shirt and Hooded Zip Sweatshirt will be available.

http://blasphemous-underground.com/

OUT NOW :

BUP-23 - ARCHGOAT (Fi) "The Light-Devouring Darkness" 12" LP
BUP-24 - ARCHGOAT (Fi) "The Light-Devouring Darkness" CD

You can get your copy here and shortly via your local distributor.
Hells Headbangers is the exclusive distributor of the vinyl version in North America.

This coming week, "The Light-Devouring Darkness" T-Shirt and Hooded Zip Sweatshirt will be available.

http://blasphemous-underground.com/

:kickass:

Both albums are very good and different from one another. The second one requires more patience. Xasthur, on the other hand, is much more samey and repetitive across his entire catalogue than that album.
What relevance does Xasthur have to TRoB, aside from a handful of similar moments on each album? Are you trying to start shit because you know I like Xasthur? I mean, the bands are barely similar. Why you bring them up here confuses me.

I brought it up as an example of a band that I find really tedious that many people like. The fact that you like Xasthur is pretty convenient and would seemingly be where I got the idea to mention it, however, as I have no clue how someone who likes something so samey would find that other album tedious if they actually paid attention to it.

I thought most people around here liked Xasthur.

I really can't understand it. There are plenty of bands I don't like that I can get other people enjoying but Xasthur is fucking awful.

I really can't understand it. There are plenty of bands I don't like that I can get other people enjoying but Xasthur is fucking awful.

I enjoy Xasthur even though like Omni said, his music can be a bit repetitive and samey at times. I enjoy it mostly for the atmospheric value and because it's really good to listen to while reading or doing something creative.

I'd prolly be able to listen to it in that kinda way, same as I do ambient music, but I find Malefic's (or whatever daft name he has) vocals so obtrusive at times. Maybe I've just heard the wrong songs.