Black Metal.

PESTE NOIRE "Ballade cuntre lo Anemi Francor"

The third album of Peste Noire is currently available. This album is different from the two first albums in its garage sound recording done by Famine and its antiquated hard rock rhythms. The Pest have hit hard once again where we least expected it. Defined by Famine as “Militant Black'n'Roll”, or “ Boyscout’s satanism “ this album can offend, but one thing is certain, it’s unique, a pure album of Peste Noire. Released on digipack

Tracklisting:

- Neire Peste
- La mesniee mordrissoire
- Ballade cuntre les anemis de la France
- Concerto pour cloportes
- La France bouge
- A la mortaille !
- Vespre
- Rance Black Metal de France
- Requiem pour Nioka (à un berger allemand)
- Soleils couchants

peste_noire_ballade_cuntre_CD.jpg

Hm, PN is a good band, and worth listening to, but they didn't at all seem to be worth the huge hype they were getting, especially from some people here, ahem. If people say this is phenomenal, maybe I'll look into it. The BAN was indeed worthy this year, so I'd probably trust majority opinion here.

Maniac is awesome on Deathcrush.

It's pretty much the only good thing Maniac appears on. Attila is definitely one of the top vocalists in the entire genre, however, so I'd say he's definitely the best Mayhem ever had.

Ordo Ad Chao is a really good album. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Attila and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

I'm interested in checking out the new Peste Noire album. Although, the "Militant Black'n'Roll" description doesn't sit too well with me. We'll see...

It's pretty much the only good thing Maniac appears on. Attila is definitely one of the top vocalists in the entire genre, however, so I'd say he's definitely the best Mayhem ever had.

Ordo Ad Chao is a really good album. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Attila and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

I also think Ordo ad Chao is good and underrated (?).

PESTE NOIRE "Ballade cuntre lo Anemi Francor"

The third album of Peste Noire is currently available. This album is different from the two first albums in its garage sound recording done by Famine and its antiquated hard rock rhythms. The Pest have hit hard once again where we least expected it. Defined by Famine as “Militant Black'n'Roll”, or “ Boyscout’s satanism “ this album can offend, but one thing is certain, it’s unique, a pure album of Peste Noire. Released on digipack

Tracklisting:

- Neire Peste
- La mesniee mordrissoire
- Ballade cuntre les anemis de la France
- Concerto pour cloportes
- La France bouge
- A la mortaille !
- Vespre
- Rance Black Metal de France
- Requiem pour Nioka (à un berger allemand)
- Soleils couchants

peste_noire_ballade_cuntre_CD.jpg

This sounds interesting. Unlike a lot of people here, I like Folkfuck Folie quite a bit. It's not as good as La Sanie des siècles... but still worth listening to. Also, I'm surprised Alter hasn't posted some kind of slobbering fan boy response to this news.

The thing with black metal, is it has several different sounds. Ambient, Symphonic, and of course pure with just the guitar and drums. But the problem with most ambient and symphonic bands is they can get boring becuase all you hear is a repetitive melody from most bands in the genre. For instance "Procession of The Dead Clowns" by Blut Aus Nord, "Dressed in Black" by Ulver, and "Land of The Dead" by Summoning. Most ambient and symphonic songs are EXTREMELY long and need to be shortened.

The thing with black metal, is it has several different sounds. Ambient, Symphonic, and of course pure with just the guitar and drums. But the problem with most ambient and symphonic bands is they can get boring becuase all you hear is a repetitive melody from most bands in the genre. For instance "Procession of The Dead Clowns" by Blut Aus Nord, "Dressed in Black" by Ulver, and "Land of The Dead" by Summoning. Most ambient and symphonic songs are EXTREMELY long and need to be shortened.

If I'm in the mood for something fastpaced and technical, I'm more than likely not looking at ambient or symphonic music. If you feel the need to change songs whenever you're listening to this type of music it's quite possible that you just aren't 'getting it'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea symphonic black is interesting. But i get the feeling alot that sometimes its too symphonic and needs to have more riffs and shit. You know what I mean?