Black Metal.

So would anyone who actually read the album credits. Not to mention that he sounds nothing like Vortex.

It's pretty much the only good thing Maniac appears on. Attila is definitely one of the top vocalists in the entire genre, however, so I'd say he's definitely the best Mayhem ever had.

Ordo Ad Chao is a really good album. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Attila and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.
I liked what I heard off Ordo Ad Chao despite me not liking Attila's vocals.

Picked up a copy of The Sham Mirrors. It's not really black metal, but damn it's awesome. ICS can fucking sing.

Yeah that album is just...odd. I don't know, I guess it's one of those pieces of music you have to be in a certain mood to listen to. Then again, I haven't heard anything from it or Arcturus in many years so my opinion of it these days could be a bit different.

I just love the atmosphere. It has this technical, futuristic (almost sci-fi) vibe, but with a dark edge. It's like space gothic, or something. Really just unique songwriting.

It's definitely a good example of an avant-garde approach to doing things in metal. I've never heard any "space odyssey" stuff done quite like that.