Black Metal.

So Ryan Adams is not indie rock, but Xasthur and other black metal bands seem to be getting a lot of press from people outside of metal. Even Phil Elverum is listening to xasthur and name dropping him in interviews lately. Growing as name dropped Xasthur and Xasthur has named dropped Growing. Gang Gang Dance has talked about Bathory being an influence on their music. Okkervil River, Of Montreal, and Deerhunter have all wrote songs about the early 90's black metal scene. Strange how black metal is growing in popularity with other music circles.

1. Weapons of Conquest
2. I Am Not Deceived
3. Blood For Blood
4. The Barricades Are Breaking
5. A Stand Defiant
6. A Path to Conflict
7. A Thousand Plagues
8. Human All Too Human
9. A Sermon To The Dead

DESTRÖYER 666
Upcoming release: "Defiance" (CD Digipak)
Release date: June 22nd, US July 14th
www.destroyer666.net
www.myspace.com/destroyer666band

DESTRÖYER 666's fourth full-length album will be available on next June 22nd (July 14th in the US) and carries the name "Defiance". This new album executes the band's attack with a mastery that reveals the expertise of long serving veterans in the field.. DESTRÖYER 666 are redefining the extreme Metal genre with melodic hymns of stunning atmospheric density.

Anyone else find Black Millenium to be totally great and among one of the best French Black Metal albums of the past decade?

1. Weapons of Conquest
2. I Am Not Deceived
3. Blood For Blood
5. A Stand Defiant
6. A Path to Conflict
7. A Thousand Plagues
8. Human All Too Human
9. A Sermon To The Dead

DESTRÖYER 666
www.destroyer666.net

DESTRÖYER 666's fourth full-length album will be available on next June 22nd (July 14th in the US) and carries the name "Defiance". This new album executes the band's attack with a mastery that reveals the expertise of long serving veterans in the field.. DESTRÖYER 666 are redefining the extreme Metal genre with melodic hymns of stunning atmospheric density.

fricken sweet. I can only hope for a subsequent US tour:kickass:

U.S. blackened death metal band ANGELCORPSE has officially called it quits. The group says in a statement, "Due to musical differences amongst its members, it has been decided with much consideration to end ANGELCORPSE."

1. Weapons of Conquest
2. I Am Not Deceived
3. Blood For Blood
5. A Stand Defiant
6. A Path to Conflict
7. A Thousand Plagues
8. Human All Too Human
9. A Sermon To The Dead

DESTRÖYER 666
www.destroyer666.net

CANNOT FUCKING WAIT!

U.S. blackened death metal band ANGELCORPSE has officially called it quits. The group says in a statement, "Due to musical differences amongst its members, it has been decided with much consideration to end ANGELCORPSE."

That's terrible considering even their newest effort was really good.

No, it wasn't. It was fucking tedious, generic horribly produced crap. Exterminate is clearly the best, if only for the incredibly awesome part in Phallelujah where Helmkamp screams "STRAIGHTJACKET! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" for no reason.

I like the album but its not their best not by a long shot. Anyway.. anyone picking up the Hirilorn reissues on vinyl? the dlp sets look amazing.

All discography of the French cult band repress
by Vae Victis on 3 gatefolds DLPs in high quality "old book paper"
http://www.vaevictis.cjb.net/

ahymntotheancientsouls.jpg

DLP I "A Hymn to the ancient Souls"

SIDE ABADDON
A Hymn to the ancient Souls, Demo, 1997
1. Return of the Druids 03:19
2. Häxan (Omen of the Witches) 06:26
3. Haunted Castle of rising Solitude 09:08
SIDE BALAN
4. Where Lightning strikes eternally 07:26
5. Astral Entities 03:23
Hirilorn / Merrimack, Split tape, Drakkar Productions, 1998
6. Pagan Fears (Mayhem cover) 6:25
SIDE CAACRINOLAAS
Depopulate (Prelude to Apocalypse), 7"EP, End All Life Productions, 333 copies, 1999
7. The Guardian of the final Plague 7:52
8. Onward to the Kingdom of Light 6:53
Manitu "Letanias" / Hirilorn "Blasphemous Forces", Split 7"EP, Manitu Records, 300 copies, 2003
9. Blasphemous Forces 7:36
SIDE DECARABIA
Revenge is near, LP (Live in Marseille - 30/01/1999), Goatowarex, 300 copies, 2004
10. The Legion that will never fall 10:58
11. Haunted Castle of rising Solitude 8:17
12. Onward to the Kingdom of Light 8:52

prophetictalesofarmaged.jpg

DLP II "Legends of Evil and Eternal Death"

SIDE ASTAROTH
1. Last Ride on the Winds of Eternity 13:52
SIDE BIFRONS
2. The Legion that will never fall 12:06
SIDE CAYM
3. Through the moonless Night 13:05
SIDE DEMOGORGON
4. Praise the supreme Ruler of your Soul 16:33

my.php

DLP III "Prophetic Tales of Armageddon"

SIDE AZAZEL
1. Satanic Storm (unreleased song) 08:55
2. The apocalyptic Catharsis (unreleased song) 09:20
SIDE BUER
3. Rise of the possessed Ones (unreleased song) 12:45
Encyclopedia Pestilentia - 3 x CD compilation, Velvet Music International, 1998
4. Where Lightning strikes eternally (short version) 5:04
SIDE CHAX
5. The Devil in the Dungeon (unreleased song) 8:02
6. At the last funeral Procession (unreleased song) 9:58
SIDE DOLERS
Rehearsal Tracks, 1999
7. Onward to the Kingdom of Light 06:53
8. Blasphemous Forces 07:23
Revenge is near, LP (Live in Marseille - 30/01/1999), Goatowarex, 300 copies, 2004
9. Pagan Fears (Mayhem cover) 7:20

All Vae Victis productions are distributed by Drakkar Productions

wholesale (no trades!): drakkarproductions[@]gmail.com

order: http://www.drakkar666.com/drakkar/index.php

Well, holy shit. That's fucking awesome. Too bad I won't be buying them if VV/Drakkar don't distro in the US. That's bullshit. I realize the economy sucks and it's likely not worth it for them to do so (and too expensive for us to) but...seriously.

No, it wasn't. It was fucking tedious, generic horribly produced crap. Exterminate is clearly the best, if only for the incredibly awesome part in Phallelujah where Helmkamp screams "STRAIGHTJACKET! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" for no reason.

I am sorry that I am not a death metal connoisseur and found the album to be interesting. I thought it was catchy and good for what it was. Simple death metal.

It's all good tbh, I was just being a douche for no reason. I did find OLAL poor but check out Exterminate, that actually does rule.

Haha I know.

I'll check out Exterminate because I haven't heard it yet but I dig all their other stuff. Which is strange because I don't listen to very much death metal. Is it black-ish death metal?