Black Metal.

Beherit - Engram is the AOTY.

I don't know about that, but it's freakin great and a very satisfying comeback album for a classic band.

Thanks to all who responded to my post. Also, I agree with anyone praising Cobalt's Gin; definitely in my top 5 black metal albums of the year so far.

I find that Glorior Belli's new album has a similar vibe. I actually think its surprising that no one has talked about it much. I think it might make my top 10 this year.

I'm new to Glorior Belli, but the new album is really good! It took quite a few listens to really click, but now I love it. The vocals are excellent, and I love that they have a Southern Rock thing goin' on that's just really different and interesting.

Probably a joke, the song titles seem a bit too uninspired and tryhard even for present Darkthrone. Going just by the music it sounds very much like present Darkthrone though; uninspired and tryhard. I am certain though, that right now many people are thinking; "Should I like this or not? What if it really isn't Darkthrone?! Then I would make a fool out of myself, saying I like it"

That "joke" song still resume all the music darkthrone has made since Panzerfaust.

I'm new to Glorior Belli, but the new album is really good! It took quite a few listens to really click, but now I love it. The vocals are excellent, and I love that they have a Southern Rock thing goin' on that's just really different and interesting.

I didn't like the couple of songs I heard from the new album. You said you're new to the band so if you haven't listened to Manifesting the Raging Beast yet, I suggest doing so.

If you think about it, French people are very similar to hillbillies in their attitudes and views

Chaosmönger;8566517 said:
Black metal:
Nazxul - Iconoclast
Funeral Mist - Maranatha
Destroyer 666 - Defiance
Cobalt - Gin

Out of all of these, I only really like Cobalt's Gin though it doesn't really come off as "black metal". No idea what genre I'd lump it in though.

I found FM's Maranatha severely lacking, D666's Defiance a little bit disappointing, Nazxul's Iconoclast also I can't seem to enjoy as much as the other Aussie BM releases.

I am really liking Arckanum's PPPPPPPPPPP though.