Black Metal.

does anyone here think they should have some kinda large annual black metal or symphonic black metal tour in North America? For me, I would love to see something like that.

Imagine a first wave black metal tour, consisting of bands like Darkthrone, Emperor, Gorgoroth, Mayhem all on the same billing lol. I would see that for sure. Its too bad black metal is not so welcomed in North America compared to death metal.

Fuck I wish so. There's absolutely no black metal tours in the U.S. at all. Fuck.....:(

Dordeduh's album has just been released yesterday :)...has some amazing tracks on it, if you're into avantgarde/experimental BM then you should really check them out. As always, songs take surprising twists and turns...

I've been enjoying this album via low quality samples today, but can't wait for my copy to arrive. I was a massive Negura Bunget fan and was pretty bummed after Huppogrammos and Sol Faur left.

The highlight of Dar de Duh, imo.

The album reminds me in places of earlier Negura Bunget. It has points where it gets surprisingly raw, but then we hear extensions from the direction Om was going in. And finally it seems Huppogrammos has learned to sing properly :)

I can't wait to see what directions they go in as time passes. Very exciting! :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through a phase of loving Negura Bunget a while back and honestly haven't given either of their 2010 releases a listen since they came out.

listening to this now and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

8033622531593.jpg

That Dordeduh song sounds incredible, further proving that Hupogrammos and Sol Faur were the true masterminds behind Negura Bunget.

I went through a phase of loving Negura Bunget a while back and honestly haven't given either of their 2010 releases a listen since they came out.

listening to this now and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

8033622531593.jpg

Virstele Pamintului didn't do anything for me, considering it was coming off something so groundbreaking as "Om". Had Om not been there before it, perhaps it would feel different.

That Dordeduh song sounds incredible, further proving that Hupogrammos and Sol Faur were the true masterminds behind Negura Bunget.

Definitely. The copy of the album that I have is pretty rough, so I can't wait for my real copy to arrive so I can hear the production properly. It's awesome to hear those two producing more amazing music.

Imo this is the death knell for Negura Bunget, I don't see them going on for too much longer, they will run out of ideas and dilute.

Dordeduh on the other hand will continue to expand.

Virstele Pamintului didn't do anything for me, considering it was coming off something so groundbreaking as "Om". Had Om not been there before it, perhaps it would feel different.

That, and the absence of Hupogrammos and Sol Faur. Not the same band to me.

' Dar de duh' means 'gift/offering for the spirit', not the way the band is pronounced ^^ Band name is pronounced dor-de-duh, only 'de' is pronounced with a short 'e' (not like 'dee'), the 'duh' isn't the english 'daah/d'oh' like thing, u is pronounced like in the word 'you'.

Anyway, the alliteration and meaning might sound better to a non-english speaker...
Also, never mind retard misunderstandings, the music is brilliant!

As for the Negura Bunget comment, I can say I liked 'Varstele Pamantului', even though NB's last release wasn't that great.

I've heard of the break up stories and all that, but why pick a side, when I can enjoy both bands?

The first three tracks of Vîrstele Pămîntului are great, and when I was listening to it I called my friend who said it was a bad album an idiot. After track four started, I apologized to him.

' Dar de duh' means 'gift/offering for the spirit', not the way the band is pronounced ^^ Band name is pronounced dor-de-duh, only 'de' is pronounced with a short 'e' (not like 'dee'), the 'duh' isn't the english 'daah/d'oh' like thing, u is pronounced like in the word 'you'.

Anyway, the alliteration and meaning might sound better to a non-english speaker...
Also, never mind retard misunderstandings, the music is brilliant!

:kickass:

As for the Negura Bunget comment, I can say I liked 'Varstele Pamantului', even though NB's last release wasn't that great.

I've heard of the break up stories and all that, but why pick a side, when I can enjoy both bands?

I do wonder... how much of Varstele Pamantului was actually written by the current line-up, and how much was written by Hupogrammos and Sol Faur?

That, and the absence of Hupogrammos and Sol Faur. Not the same band to me.

Unfortunately, this is exactly how I feel. Hupogrammos and Sol Faur are Negura Bunget. What remains of Negura Bunget now is just ashes, a shell of what used to be.

Negru was just graphics/marketing, even he admits that. I do feel their days are numbered now that Dordeduh's debut album has arrived. They will run out of ideas and how nothing to go forward with, they'll be trying to copy a style that Hupogrammos and Sol Faur had created.

@ matt schrauben - It is atmo/folky/progressive black metal with xylophones, wooden plank and a whole bunch of other stuff. ^^

Dordeduh only has 1 great album and an EP, so go for that one.

As for Negura Bunget 'Om' or 'N' Crugu Bradului'.

Don't expect easy listening, might take a while to get into it, but the atmosphere usually grabs you. You should consider listening to an album at once and in order, since some songs blend into each other better.

@ matt schrauben - It is atmo/folky/progressive black metal with xylophones, wooden plank and a whole bunch of other stuff. ^^

Dordeduh only has 1 great album and an EP, so go for that one.

As for Negura Bunget 'Om' or 'N' Crugu Bradului'.

Don't expect easy listening, might take a while to get into it, but the atmosphere usually grabs you. You should consider listening to an album at once and in order, since some songs blend into each other better.

That sounds cool. I'll check them out, too.