Black Metal.

so I'm listening to the Dordeduh full length, and this is fucking awesome. It's exactly what I was hoping for. It seems to be bigger in scope than OM and more well done. This will more than likely be my album of the year for sure. Hupogrammos and Sol Faur nailed it

You know, for all that everyone's saying about it i think it's overrated. I hate to split hairs, because honestly it's a very good album, probably top 10 releases of the year. I enjoyed it but no way in hell is it superior to Om. But yeah don't get me wrong it's a great album.

I'm really curious to see what the future holds for this band.

As much as I love Om, I actually like Maeistrit and N Crugu Bradului (and what I've heard of Dordeduh) better. All 4 albums are fucking incredible, just saying though...

EDIT: Ok, ok, I got a little excited...Maeistrit isn't as good as Om.

You know, for all that everyone's saying about it i think it's overrated. I hate to split hairs, because honestly it's a very good album, probably top 10 releases of the year. I enjoyed it but no way in hell is it superior to Om. But yeah don't get me wrong it's a great album.

I'm really curious to see what the future holds for this band.

Agreed, totally. Dar de Duh is excellent, not sure if it's best of 2012 for me yet (I'm still waiting for my copy of RIITIIR to arrive because I've been holding out), but it's possible.

Om was a landmark though. That album raised things to a new level. Imo once the dust settles for Dordeduh, Hupogrammos and Sol Faur can definitely produce something which surpasses Om, but... just not yet. Give them time I reckon, they're off to an amazing start, but just settling into things.

Check out Vanhelga from Sweden with member from LifeLover, really good stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleasantly surprised by the new Enslaved. They still have it in them to make quality music that's for sure. I got around to listening to it a little later than everyone else.

I had to laugh at this. The music is okay but the video... even for a metal video... :lol:

A black metal classic:

Dimmu_Borgir_-_For_All_Tid_re-release.jpg

Listened to this tonight for the first time. Improves a lot after a mediocre first track. All in all I enjoyed it, probably going to listen to their next couple albums tonight as well. I've heard they're better.

12771.jpg