Black Metal.

Will definitely have to check that out then. Felt a bit underwhelmed by the new Oranssi Pazuzu... I usually like their blend of spacey 70s stuff and black metal.

I found both this and the previous one a little disappointing, although still enjoyable. But then the first two are two or my favourite albums.

Reactions: Krow
I'm with you there as well. Muukalainen Puhuu is my favorite and sadly it seems, the bigger they get their quality continues to dip. I need to listen to their latest loud in a dark room... maybe thatll give me more appreciation.

Reactions: Draehl
I just picked up Deathspell Omega's Si Momentvm Reqvires Circumspice. That's a hell of a record. Can anyone tell me if the band evolves a ton stylistically or do they retain this style?

Reactions: The Butt
I just picked up Deathspell Omega's Si Momentvm Reqvires Circumspice. That's a hell of a record. Can anyone tell me if the band evolves a ton stylistically or do they retain this style?

They evolve a ton. They develop into much more of a tech death/ black metal hybrid, with more complex musicianship and untraditional song structures. If you're a traditionalist you may be disapointed by the change, but I think it's clear they only become better AFTER Si...

Best records:
1. Paracletus
2. Fas
3. Mass Grace Aesthetics (EP)
4. Kenose (EP)

They evolve a ton. They develop into much more of a tech death/ black metal hybrid, with more complex musicianship and untraditional song structures. If you're a traditionalist you may be disapointed by the change, but I think it's clear they only become better AFTER Si...

Best records:
1. Paracletus
2. Fas
3. Mass Grace Aesthetics (EP)
4. Kenose (EP)
I'm not a traditionalist lol so I'll have to check these out next.

So I see WitTR are reissuing Diadem after it being out of print and ridiculous hard to find for a long time, they generally aren't my thing at all... But I will admit I do have the rare occasion I listen to their music and can feel it, usually out in the mountains. Will have to pick it up.

My favourite albums for the last few years have been Manifestations 2002 (I wish they'd occupied this space between the early and new material for longer, has a similar feel to the first few Aosoth albums) and Inquisitors of Satan (along with whatever releases Mass Grave Aesthetics, Diabolus Absconditus and Chaining the Katechon are on).

Spent a lot more time listening to SMRC than Paracletus, Fas or Drought but they're all good. The only release I don't bother with is Infernal Battles.

This is a recent jewel I found... (with a kickass cover - just bought this on vinyl):

Not into the vocals (though they definitely do add a "sickly" element to the very bleak atmosphere) but everything else is fucking magical. Definitely my best find in at least 6 months.