Black Metal.

retarded is definitely the best word to describe countess. he(/they) is so far removed from conventional ideas of what makes good music that i'm not convinced he's even aware of those conventions. which is sometimes awesomely weird but also sometimes really, really terrible.

What are people's thoughts on the new Ash Borer? It's really growing on me. I hear a lot of influence from the Polish scene on this record (Ohtar, Veles, Thoth), which you don't hear often enough outside of that scene. At the same time, it maintains that erie and majestic sound that characterizes Cascadain black metal.

So I finally got my copy of Arizmenda - Despairs Depths Descended today. Anyone else heard it or even know anything about it?

It's the second album they released last year. The first being limited to only 50 cassettes. This one was released as a cd for the first time ever for the band. It has the same number of tracks and is within three minutes of the other album so I was wondering if this was a reworked version or something. Cant listen to it until I get home though, and I dont have Beneath This Reality of Flesh.

So I finally got my copy of Arizmenda - Despairs Depths Descended today. Anyone else heard it or even know anything about it?

It's the second album they released last year. The first being limited to only 50 cassettes. This one was released as a cd for the first time ever for the band. It has the same number of tracks and is within three minutes of the other album so I was wondering if this was a reworked version or something. Cant listen to it until I get home though, and I dont have Beneath This Reality of Flesh.

I didn't even know about it. I have one of the 50 copies of BTROF (was at the release show, which was amazing), but honestly, I think its his weakest release to date. Vocals sound a little squeaky and are too far forward in the mix. The riffs are a little thinner and resulting in less atmosphere. There are parts of it I like, but overall, it's a letdown.

I didn't even know about it. I have one of the 50 copies of BTROF (was at the release show, which was amazing), but honestly, I think its his weakest release to date. Vocals sound a little squeaky and are too far forward in the mix. The riffs are a little thinner and resulting in less atmosphere. There are parts of it I like, but overall, it's a letdown.

I've wondered if it was meant to be a demo or something and they had a show coming up and just said, fuck it... lets release it along with the Shataan album that (i believe) came out the same day. No second press or even a mention of it afterward is also strange. CrepNeg dubs can be really fucking bad sometimes though, to the point it'd probably be hard to tell the difference. The new cd was released by Androgyny Whore btw. It was available thru the band's bandcamp or final agony records.