Black Metal.

It's fine to have a personal affinity for his vocals, but I just don't like them. He sounds like the emperor from Star Wars.

The one I hear most often is Daffy Duck, which definitely marred my enjoyment of the album for about a month when the mental image of Daffy Duck fronting a black metal band would pop into my head every time the vocals on Funeral Fog started.

I've always thought that Silencer's vocalist sounded like jar-jar binks from star wars.

Jar-Jar-Binks-Poster-Card-C10227315.jpeg

The one I hear most often is Daffy Duck, which definitely marred my enjoyment of the album for about a month when the mental image of Daffy Duck fronting a black metal band would pop into my head every time the vocals on Funeral Fog started.

I had to put on Funeral Fog just now to make sure you hadn't ruined it for me too! Hahahaha...

Very true. I mean the band is supposed to be depressive black metal but when this vocalist comes on I cant help but laugh. For this reason I find it very difficult to take the band seriously.

Yeah, then I heard that the vocalist was mentally ill so that sorta made it less hillarious given the fact that the emotion put into the vocals is real, but I still can't listen to it seriously.

Silencer is amazing. Not the vocal perspective though, but the songwriting. Just listen to the middle part of The slow kill in the cold, intense.

Last time I heard mayhem (3 years ago) I was bored out of my mind.
Burzum > Mayhem, no doubt.

Mayhem has never really done a lot for me, but I can't see how Burzum is better.

As for Attila's vocals, his work with Aborym > his work with Mayhem.

I think his vox on Ordo Ad Chao are awesome.

And when I saw him live with Sunn O))) he sounded great as well. (same with Mayhem, but it was cooler with Sunn, plus he was in this tree suit):

DSC02429.jpg