Blood Alliance - Studio updates

with a beer and smoke in hand I write these words to you!

3 more songs completed for drums today.......plus the album intro which is going to blow your head off!!!!!! Something very different to any intro ewe have ever done before.

Rich and Andy and myself are pretty fucked......Gav has now arrived as well so there are four of us here now!

4 songs left to record drums for.......so hope to do at least 3 again tomorrow....although the "TRICKY" one is yet to come.

Over and out from a windy and wet Foel Studios in the middle of the countryside!

Morning!

Well, it's still wet and windy........looks like it's gonna be in for the day.

3 more songs to do today minimum......with 1 other to do. So in about 30 minutes we'll be starting another 12 hour shift! Guitars are scheduled to start either tomorrow or Thursday so it will be a busy few days for Andy and Gav!

Ok so all drums have been layed down within the 3 days as schedueled. They sound heavy as fuck! Today will be drum edits which gives us a chance to have abit of a break and explore the local surroundings. Tomorrow we will start on the guitars.

Well deserved break for Rich and Andy I think. I had the 4 hour drive home today as I have to work the next couple of days but I'm back at the studio on Monday for 2 weeks. I think I'll actually be there without the rest of the guys for a few days as well which will be wierd....but I'll just work even harder! lol!

Rich did a fucking awesome job and you are gonna love his playing on this record!

Would it be unreasonable to ask about whether or not this record will still have that Power Quest sound we all know and love, or if it will sound like a completely new (but awesome) beast?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter, since I just asked... :lol: but I'm psyched to hear the guitar solos!

Hey Steve, you said somewhere else you were working out a way to get video equipment. Can we expect a youtube teaser sometime during the recording process or afterwards? :D

We have filed some bits and pieces but quite honestly we are working so hard it's eat, record, eat,record, bed. The internet speed is not great at the studio either so there's a limit on how much we can do.

Much as I would love to be able do loads of updates.......we have so much to do and so little time! lol!

Wow, I haven't been here in a while, but reading through this thread has really started to make me realise how much I'm anticipating the next album. I'm looking forward to the artwork, the writing, hearing the new guys on record, everything. Don't let me down, now! :lol:

Rich had headed back to Derby now after laying down drums and overseeing the edit process. That leaves the guitar duo to crack on at the studio before I return on Monday afternoon. Rich will probably be back late next week which is also when Paul will arrive to hammer out some bass lines

The guys have tons of stuff to get through so I wouldn't be suprised if they don't find the time to post here over the next few days.