Borknagar Benchpress

The Grand Design

The Jester Race Submits
Jun 14, 2003
Christchurch, New Zealand
Visit site
Just wondering, do any of the guys from Borknagar lift weights or stuff like that? Because you're all pretty big guys so you're probably pretty strong. If so, how much can you benchpress? I imagine Asgeir just drums and lifts weights all day and pulls all the ladies. Bring the pain!!! :headbang: :kickass:

Asgeir I didn't mean it like that. There's a desktop wallpaper of all six of you guys in trenchcoats (featured below), I think it was for Empiricism, and each one of you guys look HUGE!! Like really tall! So I figured you'd all probably be pretty strong guys. Personally, the most I have ever benchpressed was 90kg, and I weighed about 92kg at the time, but I was only able to manage two repetitions before I was about to drop the bar on myself haha. The reason I made this topic was because of Behemoth really, I saw them live when I was on holiday in Australia and every guy in the band looked to be well over 6 feet tall. I remember thinking to myself "holy shit those guys must be damn strong...". Oh well, looks like my topic has failed. Sorry for the annoyance.

Borknagar.jpg

Oh well, looks like my topic has failed. Sorry for the annoyance.

Dude, I was only kidding. But remember - there are women on this forum so never insinuate we look fat... Image is everything.

BTW - about benchpress. I went to school with a guy who lifted 100 kg in 6th grade!!! No wonder we called him the Hulk, haha! He even fought and won over his step dad when he was 12... Brain like a peanut of course...

Some people are naturally big without ever lifting weights as well.
At Asgeir: Hello, I was wondering how it was recording the new Ihsahn album angL? Is Ihsahn going on tour in support of angL and will you be touring for him?

Asgeir I didn't mean it like that. There's a desktop wallpaper of all six of you guys in trenchcoats (featured below), I think it was for Empiricism, and each one of you guys look HUGE!! Like really tall! So I figured you'd all probably be pretty strong guys. Personally, the most I have ever benchpressed was 90kg, and I weighed about 92kg at the time, but I was only able to manage two repetitions before I was about to drop the bar on myself haha. The reason I made this topic was because of Behemoth really, I saw them live when I was on holiday in Australia and every guy in the band looked to be well over 6 feet tall. I remember thinking to myself "holy shit those guys must be damn strong...". Oh well, looks like my topic has failed. Sorry for the annoyance.

Borknagar.jpg

You kidding? Nergal can't be more than like 5'8"....Inferno is a big dude though.

I'm 6'5" but fucking skinny :cry:

Recording albums is "just another day at the office" to me really. He MIGHT be touring after the 3rd album is out.

The 3rd album, wow ,thanks dude, so he really plans on continuing to create music, great to hear.

So like 2 or 3 years though...damn it

Skinny or muscular men are disgusting.

Wished I could pre-order angL now, been looking forward to this album for aaaaaaaages, guess I'll just wait though. I always thought "Ihsahn" would have been a more studio product, would be killer to see him live :D

Because the Polaks were a race of giants who would dominate the world if they hadn't been contaminated by the Jews.

Wait, nevermind.

Actually, lifting weights could actually be bad for drumming or guitar playing. I'm a guitarist myself and I go to the gym a fair bit, but I've found that as I have gotten bigger arms, my technique is a bit slower than it used to be, because larger muscles respond slower.