Borknagar Update

TB666 said:
Damn, didn't realise that o_O
"Epic" has been in our minds for a long time now, but due to several unexpected events it has taken a long time to finnish it.

I don't think we'll continue on this three year cycle, we'll probably cut it shorter.

mr V

woohoo! can't wait for it to come out so i can downloa......j/k guys :loco:

i can't wait to buy it :D

that really sucks about tyr. i wish him all the best.

Althought this is fucking awesome news about the album (i didnt think it would be done this soon :) )... I'm seriously really saddened by the loss of Tyr. I remember I once made a post asking why everyone thought he was so special, cause i really didnt notice much, but after getting more and more into Borknagar, his bass playing became one of my favorite parts of the band. But I know Borknagar wont dissapoint with the new album. I can't fuckin wait!

Hi,
we won't play live untill - at least - next year. Øystein's already started writing on album number 8 so we're definitely not short of material... We'll probably start recording album number 7 (which has the best Øystein demos I've ever heard) before next winter. Now, back to mixing album number 6...

- Asgeir

Vintersorg said:
"Epic" has been in our minds for a long time now, but due to several unexpected events it has taken a long time to finnish it.
Hehe, Finnish?

-Perkele

Øystein's already started writing on album number 8 so we're definitely not short of material... We'll probably start recording album number 7 (which has the best Øystein demos I've ever heard) before next winter. Now, back to mixing album number 6...
I love you guys when you working so hard!:p
Oystein is a genius,i will never be tired to say it!

Ehi Agsgeir you play the bass with finger or pick?You also play the fretless?I 'm very curious about your bass playing!

You may now tell us who the new guitarist is. I mean, come on, you're just Borknagar, so the metal world won't hold its breath and sit at the edge of its chair until you tell us the news (or, perhaps some of us do.. :p ). Be good lads and tell us, yes? :)

PS: MP3 samples would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hey good things take time, and its best not to rush it because it will turn out better in the "finnish". hehehe.

Who all has finnish blood? probably most of the norgies here...I was born in usa but am finnish blood...

RADICAL CUT said:
Ehi Agsgeir you play the bass with finger or pick?You also play the fretless?I 'm very curious about your bass playing!

I played most of the album with my fingers but as an amatuer bass player I had to use the pick on the fast stuff - which gave it more punch anyway. I also used a fretless bass on the mellow parts. I was an expert at NOT hitting the right notes to start with but learned it eventually hehe...

- Asgeir

asgeir said:
I played most of the album with my fingers but as an amatuer bass player I had to use the pick on the fast stuff - which gave it more punch anyway. I also used a fretless bass on the mellow parts. I was an expert at NOT hitting the right notes to start with but learned it eventually hehe...

- Asgeir
It is amazig that the two most important rithm elements are done by one person. I am really looking forward to hear that

Yes, this is indeed awesome news, especially coupled with the revelation that we will no longer have to wait three years between albums. But I wonder now, since the craze is DVD's now, will there ever be a Borknagar DVD?............in 5.1? I think that Borknagar in 5.1 would be like the thunder of God.

I am very happy to get some news on the new album... I agree its sad to hear that Tyr is gone though.. he was one hell of a bassist and a nice cat on the boards... Its a good year though with the new Vintersorg (RULE) and now new Borkie!

TheRealLazare said:
No new guitarist as of yet... On this album, Borknagar is Øystein, Asgeir, Vintersorg and Lars!
Taking applications? Yeah, I know, Norway probably has more guitarists than arable land, but I could perhaps talk my wife into a move...;)

...or not...