Brewing

If you have about 15 minutes to spare, this episode on youtube have 2 crazed Englishmen in northern Sweden starting home brewing, in a way ;)

For me, brew season is pretty much over, done my 6 brews for the spring.
Still need to transfer one to bottles after secondary fermentation, will do that this weekend.

Am up to batch 92, have to start thinking about what to brew for batch 100, perhaps an Amon Amarth beer? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Today off for a brewery.

There's a bunch of us that have made a clone brew each from one of the brewer's beers, we'll examine them against each other and against the original, will be a fun day I'm sure

gnoff said:
Today off for a brewery.

There's a bunch of us that have made a clone brew each from one of the brewer's beers, we'll examine them against each other and against the original, will be a fun day I'm sure

mmmmmm beer :p

The batch 100 AA idea sounds great, if you're willing to sell a bottle pm me & I'll happily buy one! You could make a 12% monster trappiste style?!! it could be titled simply: Mjolnbeer :)

I'm getting less impressed by high ABV beers the more I try, and more happy with beer below or at least around 4% ABV.

I enjoy drinking beer, and if I want to get hammered I enjoy doing so drinking several great beers.

The high ABV monsters though, can either be nice for sipping or fun to have tried/sampeld, not many for drinking though.

I appreciate the reply though, always fun with beer interest showing :kickass:

Edit:
Oh yes, I have shipped beer to Australia, and it's silly how much the shipping cost, just saying ;)
I think I sent 5 bottles last time and paid about 100 USD for shipping alone...

Swedish Championships of home brewed beer come Saturday.

I was one of the judges for one part of the competition that is judges beforehand and revealed on the day, good stuff!

Not competing this year, I'm leaving my gold medal place to someone else this year ;)

Will be there to try the people's choise though

There's a Swedish gum that was popular around 20 years ago called "Jenka" that nails it.

But most rootbeers also are fairly flavored with sassafras to give that characteristic taste.

Don't know "Jenka", don't know rootbeer.:mad: