Bros with Long Hair - A question for you...

_Brutalism_

May 14, 2008
I'm going to try and make this sound as least gay as possible, but I'm sure I'm not the only one with long hair with issues :p

Wanted to ask what you guys do when tying your hair back into a tail for some formal event and to make it all shiny with a wet look, smooth and devoid of frizz. I use gel for sporting events to make it rock solid but this doesn't go well with casual outings. Is wax an ideal solution? Never used it and I wouldn't know what type of wax would be suited for this.

Thanks in advance!

A topknot like this, but a bit higher:

2005112216574297748_2.jpg

Add hairspray, done.

Cool, I'll take your advice then. Fuck wax, try the spray.

Öwen;8998164 said:
Shave it all off! You'll feel so much more free :lol:

Haha, sacrifices must be made for deh metulzzzz.
No seriously, with all the hassle long hair brings with it, nothing beats windmilling to something like Spheres of Madness. Truly an otherworldy feeling :p

ohhhhhh girl, dat wax fixin that nap strait up. Anyone have moister? Ma elbows is ashy.

:confused::lol: What do elbows and ash have to do with anything :p

Wax is for short haircuts. It gives a terrible dirt look on long hair (think EMOs).
When I had long hair and had to wear a suit, I used a single braided pony tail like Jet-Li´s old movies (except that I was not bald on the front). But you can always copy some famous dudes with long hair like David Beckam.

ex:
davidbeckham6.jpg

edit: posting a Beckam picture is kind of gay, so here´s a gratuitous selma blair shot
selma-blair1.jpg

Selma is a cute and she listens to Skinny Puppy. Awesome!

:confused::lol: What do elbows and ash have to do with anything :p

Well, I'm around black people almost daily because of the "hip hop" studio my guest house. When they get dry skin it looks kinda "ashy" or white on their dark skin. So some lotion "moister" takes care of that.

Well, I'm around black people almost daily because of the "hip hop" studio my guest house. When they get dry skin it looks kinda "ashy" or white on their dark skin. So some lotion "moister" takes care of that.

:lol: Fair enough!

Unfortunately my hair is too long for any Beckham styles. My hair at the moment is three-quarters down my back. Not a fan of buns either. What I find looks good is just a normal pony tail however the biggest bitch is taming the short hairs on the head which don't get tied back. A wet look will make the hair shiny; what makes that wet look and keeps the hair looking tidy and soft without baby hairs fluttering in the wind is the mystery for me.

Hair pomade bro, awesome stuff. Doesn't crust up like gel does but still keeps it back and with a decent sheen.

And if you REALLY wanna go all out, you can pull a George Clooney from O, Brother Where Art Thou? and pomade your hair, pull it back and wear a hair net over night.

Hair pomade bro, awesome stuff. Doesn't crust up like gel does but still keeps it back and with a decent sheen.

And if you REALLY wanna go all out, you can pull a George Clooney from O, Brother Where Art Thou? and pomade your hair, pull it back and wear a hair net over night.

"I'm a Dapper Dan man":headbang:

For my brothers wedding:

Hair straightened, little bit of the missus' spray to keep those annoying pube-like bits from sticking out the side... done...

Fuck being neat and tidy! I have almost-ass length hair and just wash it if I need to fit in somewhere with the normal crowd.

allow a girl to help:) : it doesnt really matter what you use to slick it back, whatever you are comfortable with. BUT dont use too much. i would suggest getting a soft bristled brush, like a boar hair brush, and after you put the small amount in your hair, brush through it. it will break up the gel or leave-in conditioner or whatever enough to where its not rock hard, and it will aid in defrizzing, smoothing, and distributing the natural oils and the product in your hair. if its still not the look you want, add a tiny bit more and try again.

A few months ago my hair was down to my ass, but it was getting just horrible, and it was the summer, so I had to have it cut :( I regret it now because my moshing and windmilling just isn't as good with short hair :D