Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
1303.jpg

Musically speaking, this album connected with me today. I've had it a long while, but like several other albums located on that 'surreal plane of existence', there is a single moment where on the next random listen everything just falls neatly into place.

I'd just finished a fantastic book (see: Life of Pi) and of all the CD's I had with me, Burzum just seemed like the decent follow up accompaniment. Maybe the mood was right, or I just felt enlightened, but this album clicked for me today, all the way from "Det Som En Gang Var" through to the last key note on "Tomhet".

That is all.

It's a pretty damn fine album. Doesn't make me want to run out and get any more Burzum, but it is one of those "ohh yeaaahhhh I wanna here this right NOW" albums.

Temperature dropped this evening, I was walking home at twilight, and so Burzum was to be resurrected.

"Det Som En Gang Var" is perfection. Also, I might add that the production on this song couldn't be better if it tried.

"Det Som En Gang Var" is perfection. Also, I might add that the production on this song couldn't be better if it tried.

I had one of those magic moments with DSEV a couple months ago. Like you said with Hvis Lyset..., I'd had it for quite a while before it just clicked one time. Now I'm totally gay for some Norwegian bigot murderer :erk:

I had a similar experience with Burzum in general. None of the albums seemed that terribly great to me, but I kept giving them more chances based on everyone else in the universe saying how great they were. Then one day it just clicked. I don't know what changed but one night I put in Det Som En Gang Var and fucking loved it. I highly enjoy the first four albums.

i have the first four, but rarely listen to them. the middle two are the best

out of the BM Vanguard of Immortal, Burzum, Emperor, Darkthrone, and Mayhem....Burzum would be near the bottom