Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss

Interestingly, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss clicked with me the first time I heard it, especially "Det Som En Gang Var". This style of atmospheric Black Metal just totally appeals to me. And as it's been pointed out to me, much of the atmospheric Black Metal I enjoy is Burzum influenced.

By the way, what is considered the "must own" Mayhem release? This band seems to have escaped my iPod.

Zod

If Varg hadn't been imprisoned, Daudi Baldrs and Hjsbhhshrhuehbhruhfwfuiefff would have been a continuation of the same style! Now he says when he gets out he's gonna do some regular Burzum versions of some of those tracks.

I love Immortal. THeres only two albums i dont have by them. Mighty Ravendark( ?) and Blizzard Beasts. Immortal and Emperor are the ones I prefer to listen to when i grab for black metal. Maybe Panzerfaust or Darkmedievil Times.

:kickass: :kickass:

If one is the rank the amount of quality each band has produces, the order would obviously be as follows:

Immortal > Darkthrone > Burzum > Enslaved > Mayhem > Emperor

I tried to rank those bands... but then I ended typing this message to say I can't rank them at all.