buy Mike an album thread

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7777101 said:
I still have probably 2500 Lp's I haven't listened to yet.

Wow how many do you have in total?

Another album I have crazed about:

Roy harper -Stormcock.

Insanely great folk stuff, but I expect an 70´s prog expert such as you have heard him :)

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7777101 said:
[...]
But yes, I'm stuck in my murky ol' vinyl collection and I still have probably 2500 Lp's I haven't listened to yet.

this is absolutely crazy. :OMG:

non metal check out bella sonus album name is enamoured.Does anyone get into audrey horne, I can't stop listening to these guys.

If I were going to buy him a metal album, it'd probably be Weakling's 'Dead As Dreams'. If he hasn't already heard them, I'd also get him Negura Bunget's 'N Crugu Brandului'. Aside from those, I figure he's probably already heard it.

For a non-metal album that I'd suspect he doesn't have, I think I'd get him Imogen Heap's 'Speak for Yourself'. That's quite a beautiful album, and a rather melancholy. I would add Jeff Buckley's 'Grace', but, seeing as how he's best friends with Jonas Renkse, I'm sure he's already heard it.

And some Kaki King "Dreaming Of Revenge"

My friend did sound for her a couple of months back when she played at a local venue. She is an amazing guitarist, and Dreaming of Revenge is fantastic. In fact I'd say it's one of my favourite albums of 2008.

Espers II is one album that comes to mind in keeping with this topic.

I dunno what I would make Mikael listen to... Agalloch would be a good choice.

he knows of agalloch, i remember he said in an interview that they are a band that is doing the same thing that opeth has been doing since orchid. so mikael probably wont get alot of inspiration from listening to them.

I'd get him Wild Child by danish 60s & 70s band Savage Rose. He probably has it already though.

Another album I'd like him to hear is A Line Of Deathless Kings by My Dying Bride. Great album.