California

Oh yeah, and now Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnold is da gubanah.

Actually I approve of most of his politics and think he's probably a decent guy, but I guarantee that is not why he was voted in yesterday. Star Power! :smug:

$150k will get you an okay size house in Perris, which is a dump. Actually, that was only when the first ones were built last year, now the price is up to $225k+ because a hundred or so have already been built.

And backyards? No. Most multi-million dollar homes have around 400 sq. ft. yards with 10 ft. between you and your neighbor. I don't know how people stomach it.

No backyards? That one of the most important things for a home. We could easily fit a good sized pool in my backyard, which we'll probably do when we save up enough money. A backyard is essential. I'm so happy my house comes with a little porch area where I can grill and sit with a beer in hand. As a plus, my back porch is covered, so rain, snow, or shine, I'm out there.

My house that I bought was only $152,000, and it's 3-bedroom, (optional 4-bedroom, but I wanted a game-room instead) 2.5 bath. It's a two story, and we have a pretty big lot with a huge backyard. It's also located in a very up-scale neighborhood north of Houston, so while I'm driving around in a Trailblazer or Honda Accord, my neighbors are driving Mercedes and BMWs. And we're at the end of a cul-de-sac. Yay!
$152K gets you nothing in NY.

2 bedroom houses in OK areas start at $350K ... OK areas, definetelly not with Mercedes owning neighbours.

Hell, a 2 Bedroom apartment down the street from me is selling for $250K ... small as fuck and at a busy as hell intersection with noise.

This is what I hate about NY ... the real estate. But then again, living in the boondocks, while tranquil for awhile would drive me to insanity.

Friend of mine just moved to Connecticut (2 hours drive) and he is literally losing it there.

JayKeeley said:
Bless the Ruby Murray. There is nothing in the world quite like it. More Indian restaurants in the UK than there are in India (fact), and it is quite simply the best food in the world. Especially at 11pm after 10 pints of Fosters.

Streuth.
I must admit I do like a good Indian :) and Chinese :) and nothing is better after a night on the piss than a kebab :) I'm such a hypocrite! :tickled:

[b said:
Ayeka[/b]]...the BBC changing it's logo between programmes in order to conform to Jew Labour's multicultural agenda
Eh? Can you clarify this point?

Jaykeeley said:
Especially at 11pm after 10 pints of Fosters.
Make that 15 pints and insisting to the waiter that your Mum makes a better curry than the Chef. :)

lurch70 said:
Just read in the Sunday NY Times that in Queens, NY alone (where I live), there are 243 different nationalities co-existing.
I suppose ordering a pizza in English is out of the question. :)

I read a funny soundbite this morning, after waking up to hear Arnie won the election. He was asked about gay marriages and his response was "It's a good idea that men should marry women." - is this guy the real thing?

The thing is, I'm not in the boondocks. My neighborhood is literally less than a mile from a major freeway. You just can't see my neighborhood because it is covered in trees. It is against city regulations to cut down a tree, even if it's in your own yard. THat's why they call it The Woodlands.

Plus, a major mall, Best Buy, Barnes and Nobles, shit-tons of restaurants (including Hooters) and a major concert stadium are all within 10 minutes.

If housing is so expensive in NYC, how in the hell did the "Friends" afford it? Joey is an out-of-work actor, Monica is a simple chef, and Rachel works at Calvin Klein or something, and Pheobe is a masseuse. WTF?

ChiefB said:
Let me explain - when he says 'Jew', he means 'Red Sea Pedestrian'.

I suppose ordering a pizza in English is out of the question. :)
There's something quite disasterous about being told that I'm not entitled to a travel visa permit to the UK by someone who can barley string a cohesive sentence together. "No you not go - visa not ready - you wait more time".

I read a funny soundbite this morning, after waking up to hear Arnie won the election. He was asked about gay marriages and his response was "It's a good idea that men should marry women." - is this guy the real thing?
Arnie deserved to win because of the way he said "Shteek arrround" to that guy he knifed in Predator.

Dreamlord said:
THat's why they call it The Woodlands.
You're in the Woodlands??? I worked there for six months. My client was Chevron Phillips. They moved there recently from the Chevron Tower in downtown Houston. That was such a cool engagement for me because that Tower is connected via skywalk to the Four Seasons. I lived there during the week all that time - and it was a 3 minute walk to my office.

That's what I like about Houston: you don't have to walk on the street to get anywhere, and it has some very good strip bars. And Texan women are good looking on average - they make an effort to dress up when they go to work. It's like, everyone wears too much make up, hairspray, and big jewelry.

Bad thing about Houston: African taxi drivers. How is it that Houston attracts so many Africans? I'm not talking 'black people', I'm literally talking about Nigerians and Kenyans? They are the worst drivers in the world, next to all those Mexicans sitting in the back of the pick ups. The freeways in Houston are fucking deadly - and none of these fuckers have insurance either.

If housing is so expensive in NYC, how in the hell did the "Friends" afford it? Joey is an out-of-work actor, Monica is a simple chef, and Rachel works at Calvin Klein or something, and Pheobe is a masseuse. WTF?
It's TV you mong - it's hardly real life like Batman.

Maybe Batman footed the bill for the Friends?

There's one of them treesful areas in Riverside, I'd buy a house there if I wanted to stay in the area. My apartment complex is full of trees and until they trimmed a bunch down a few months ago I was buried in a rain forest, nice and secluded. Bunch of raccoons and opossums are always hanging out on my porch, I try to get them to eat all my neighbors cats. :)
a

JayKeeley said:
You're in the Woodlands???
I will be come Oct 31. Little ol' me living in the same 'hood as all these rich fogies.

That's what I like about Houston: you don't have to walk on the street to get anywhere, and it has some very good strip bars. And Texan women are good looking on average - they make an effort to dress up when they go to work. It's like, everyone wears too much make up, hairspray, and big jewelry.
Yeah, the strip clubs are very nice. I dated a girl that danced at Colorado's. :D

Bad thing about Houston: African taxi drivers. How is it that Houston attracts so many Africans? I'm not talking 'black people', I'm literally talking about Nigerians and Kenyans? They are the worst drivers in the world, next to all those Mexicans sitting in the back of the pick ups. The freeways in Houston are fucking deadly - and none of these fuckers have insurance either.
Solution: Uninsured motorist insurance.

It's TV you mong - it's hardly real life like Batman.[/QUOTE]

JayKeeley said:
It's TV you mong - it's hardly real life like Batman.
I suppose no one told you that Father Christmas was a also fake. Can you distinguish between real life and fiction, or is it just one big blur? I think you maybe suffering from spasmodic-retardation syndrome or that you need to stop watching TV and get out a bit. :)

Real life is better than fiction.

Wayne Corp. could have owned all of NY state by now if he would have invested wisely.

NAD said:
Wayne Corp. could have owned all of NY state by now if he would have invested wisely.
If I told that geezer once, I told him a million times: "Sell CISCO stock now you mong". But did he listen? The fuck he did. He was too busy shagging that Catwoman slag innit.

ChiefB said:
You know the BBC has those little sequences to introduce most of the programmes on it? In the olden days it was a bland world map on a blue screen with a big '2' on it...years back it was interesting things happening to a '2'...until recently it was an orange hot-air balloon. Out of the blue they decide to change it to a series od different sequences to represent multiculturalism in Britain...so we got ethnic dances, quadraplrgic dances, New Zealand rugby dances...everything covered except the white middle class suburban man who actually watches the BBC :loco:

Gotta give them credit though...The Daily Telegraph recently started a Beebwatch thing that nitpicks every anti-Labour, anti-America, anti-Israel etc thing the BBC does. I was very disappointed, it's something I might expect from a sub-par tabloid...I thought this was the kind of thing we had free speech for, y'know? :loco:

I meant to say this earlier:

multiculturalism = bad
culture = good

Bruce Wayne tried to hold onto his pumpkin stock past Halloween, what a putz.

At the end of the day I don't think it's bad to share our culture with those from foreign lands...just so long as ours isn't forgotten about. Ask people (including me) what traditional English 'culture' is and we'll get as far as fish'n'chips and football before accidentally plugging our favourite kebab shop :erk:

I am not a big "Friends" watcher ... and do not know who lives with who ... but this is why they are sharing apartments.

My friend made an observation about the packed bars and restaurants every night in Manhattan, where you can go out pretty much any night of the week and it feels like Saturday night (well not so much after 9/11) ... his thought is that people do not wnat to be in their 200 sq. ft. apartments, so they all just hang in bars and outdoor cafes.

I do like women from Texas as like someone said already, they seem to take care of themselves and actually look like ladies. Not to mention that they seem like tough chicks, not pushovers.