Canada

Well, some people say that metal appeals more to seemingly oppressed people, and many could say that Quebec does feel oppressed, but it's not always the case. Also, Quebec isn't as influenced by the rest of the North American media due to the language differences; therefore people there would have a tendency to different ideas and creativity rather than following the media.

Why are some of those band names bold and/or in random colors? Or do those colors mean something?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT WHERE IS MY FUCKING SIGNATURE. WHERE DID THE BITCH GO.

Why are some of those band names bold and/or in random colors? Or do those colors mean something?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT WHERE IS MY FUCKING SIGNATURE. WHERE DID THE BITCH GO.

I bolded and coloured the ones that actually are quite known, whereas the rest are underground.

Edit: a bunch of the underground bands actually are awesome though

Canada's fuckin huge. Most of its trve metalheads probably dwell in the far northern regions of the ice and snow, away from the rampant homosexuality and liberal bullshit of the major cities.

:lol:

I really don't listen to that much Canadian metal, but as a Canadian, it seems to me that Quebec has the best scene by far, followed by Ontario, BC and Alberta.

And despite the colder climate up North, I've really never heard of any metal bands coming from the territories and I highly doubt there's anything going on there anyways. I'm sure there's metal in the rest of Canada but not quite as much as those four bigger provinces.

And despite the colder climate up North, I've really never heard of any metal bands coming from the territories and I highly doubt there's anything going on there anyways. I'm sure there's metal in the rest of Canada but not quite as much as those four bigger provinces.

There actually is a small growing metal scene in some of the northern native communities that I've been to and lived in. It's quite how some exist but they are never heard of, and they struggle to even make it outside of their own communities. A few would be Desopheres, Vangorse, and Forsaken Nightmare.

My favs from Canada:

Annihilator
Anvil
Exciter
Strapping Young Lad
Voivod
Striker
Aggressor
Joe Thrasher
Into Eternity
Borealis
Woods of Ypres
Gates of Winter
Forgotten Tales
3 Inches of Blood

Thats all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more.

While many people hate them, I like Unexpect.

And in before some n00b comes in and rants about how the Metal culture is just too awesome for the world to get.

Here's a whole bunch of young bands from montreal

Brutal tech death

Melodic death metal

Symphonic power metal

Technical death metal

Melodic death metal

Melodic death metal

Melodic death metal

Technical death metal

Power metal

Groove death metal

Folk metal

Death metal

Gothic metal

Deathcore

Extreme power metal
[youtube]xXfQZ4qXXig&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

that's all for now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I do admit that I don't really like a few of those. But I'd say that the scene has so many bands that do "Death-" something. Like not many people do anything that sounds relatively like clean singing or something, even so with the most melodic of bands.