Character leaked

ummm could anyone do the favor of all favors and hook me up with a copy of character?? plan to get the album on the 25th given that stanne's lyrics are just as amazing as the band's music, though the thought of listening to the new album gives me thoughts like :OMG:. heh any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, apparently I have no character at all and broke down too.

I'm glad I did tho, this album, well, just plain kicks ass, much more
than DD and there is a lot of small things in there, also it seems
more keyboards were used, which to me is never a bad thing.
I really don't know where some people get that this is simplyfied,
I think it's much more complex than DD.

I've only listened to this twice so far and I can pretty safely say
that this is just slightly below Gallery and Skydancer.

The first listening of this album was the best experience with a
new album I've had since, um, I don't know when.

Thanks to DT and don't worry my pre-order has been in at Ginza
for a long time, can't wait to get the real CD, the sound quality of
this rip is horrendous.

Salamurhaaja said:
Thanks to DT and don't worry my pre-order has been in at Ginza
for a long time, can't wait to get the real CD, the sound quality of
this rip is horrendous.
your sound quality of your Character MP3's was bad? man, mine was fantastic!

What's wrong with it? It's 256 kbps, sounds perfectly fine to me... Far sharper and a tad more raw than stuff like Haven which is only a good thing

Mine is a VBR at around 256kbps, but I think the reason it sounds fucked is my
portable MP3 player, I think I had this problem on another VBR too.
VBR = SHIT. Kill anyone using VBR, better sound quality my ass, if you want
better quality then you get the CD or use FLAC or some such shit.

In any case, this album is great, I can tell you how great, when I listen to it, it
feels like it kicked me very hard in the balls, then when I was kneeling in pain it
sliced the top of my head off to expose my brain, ate half of it and poked scalding
hot metal spikes thru what was left of it and let me wander around like a zombie in
search of more brains to inflict this onto. And I will *mad gleam* oh I will :D

So now we're killing religious people and unreligious people who use VBR. The religious people using VBR will be killed twice.
VBR doesn't suck just because your portable mp3 player sucks.

Ok, so at least I'm not the only one who caved. I've just about got through it all. And damn. All I can say at this point is that I can't wait to see it in concert. That show will be the best I've ever seen.

And to be quite honest, I love the little melodic parts strewn about, like near the end of My Negation. Makes me all warm and fuzzy in a Gallery-esque way. In fact, if it weren't for the keyboards (which I love), the whole thing would sound like a hybrid of The Gallery, TMI, and the even older stuff.

~kov. (back to my aural pleasuring)

The temptation got too big so sign me up on the person with no character list. I was planning to have a quick sneak-peek and listen to around 20 seconds of each song and delete the files afterwards, now I really don't need to tell you what happen do I?

The album is simply put awsome, far better then I expected. No fillers or mediocre songs and i look forward to getting the proper package.

:worship:

It's not a bad album, but it's really boring to hear the same formulaic stuff for the third album in a row. Cleaner production, a few blast beats - big deal, still no clean vocals, not adventerous or diverse (like the Minds I, Projector) What's so great about this album compared to the last two?

hey COT, you're not alone in this, we'll get through it together. *pats COT's shoulder*

insidethefall said:
It's not a bad album, but it's really boring to hear the same formulaic stuff for the third album in a row. Cleaner production, a few blast beats - big deal, still no clean vocals, not adventerous or diverse (like the Minds I, Projector) What's so great about this album compared to the last two?

INFIDEL!! :yell:
Non of the last 3 albums have been anything like the other,
you have wax in your ears.
Here let me help you with that *gets the axe from Nick*...

@insidethefall: You seem not to be really in DT, otherwise you wouldn't post this... Haven was quite quiet (...) and Damage Done was something like the way, MeloDeath is supposed to go. Then, Character is a new, more Death-ish (...) style of DT, more like The Gallery and TMI, where DD was something like Haven meets the other 2. Character is much more complex, much harder to get into. After I listened to it about 20 or 30 times now, I still can't get into it as much as with DD, although I love it so far.

If it's better than DD (my favorite album ever)? I don't know, maybe ask me in 6 months or so. But it's great, and I don't say this because I prefer DT to every other band but because Character is another great record and will stay in my mind forever, even after I may have stopped listening to metal some bad day (because of the feeling I had when hearing this first).

I love DT so much because they never disappointed me and they're the only band I know which grows qith every new release, even more than before!

Schwedentod said:
If it's better than DD (my favorite album ever)? I don't know, maybe ask me in 6 months or so. But it's great, and I don't say this because I prefer DT to every other band but because Character is another great record and will stay in my mind forever, even after I may have stopped listening to metal some bad day (because of the feeling I had when hearing this first).

I love DT so much because they never disappointed me and they're the only band I know which grows with every new release, even more than before!

even though i much prefer the heavier thrashier stuff.. i have to say, that each record of DT is amazing, and each album just relates to me .. i dont know what it is..
but this album.. speaks to me more then before.. i have to say.. it is most definately my favourite..
as someone said earlier, it kicks u in the balls and leaves u in pain..
i love that in an album. i like to make my ears bleed..
i cant stop listening to it.. it fuels me..

no doubt by now u know i love this shit.
now bring DT to australia..

Erik said:
Relatively speaking, the last three albums have indeed been muchly the same.

:err: When I listen to character I find it hard to believe it is the same band that made Haven just a several years before! I agree they are somewhat similar , but "muchly the same"?

insidethefall said:

Not Adventurous? mmmmmaaayybe. Boring?:guh: Maybe you'd like the new In Flames album better. It has clean vocals, and is VERY adventurous :lol: !

....sorry sedrik. i know you like their new stuff too . :loco: