chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mardy: That sucks. :( But it's a good phone, so i hope it lasts long and that you enjoy it! :)

Hrm, I guess I'll have to not hang out with you next time there's a NY concert in town. Can't have any incriminating photos getting to the gf. :p

I seriously have to see if I can get her to come to the next DT show in the area.

~kov.

Ive got meself a new mobile, Nokia 6151. Too bad they give it away for free 3days later. I paid 1,690 Sk. Bastards.

Here, if you buy a thing, and a few days later everythng goes on sale (or is being given away for free) - you can still come back and, you know, return the thing or demand re-evaluation. Well, it has to follow vendor's policy, but major should be OK.

So teh date went well, eh? :cool:

...and quite beyond, I must say :saint:

Hrm, I guess I'll have to not hang out with you next time there's a NY concert in town. Can't have any incriminating photos getting to the gf. :p

I seriously have to see if I can get her to come to the next DT show in the area.

Nah, he wouldn't bring his setup to a concert, so you are safe :heh: GFs at concerts = bad choice. Well, if you want to be having a blast in the front row, that is.

She came with me to the first DT concert I ever saw (NJ, '02). She was right there next to me and had a blast - said getting to grab Stanne's hand as he was running around on stage was one of the coolest things she'd ever done at a concert.

Came with me to Ozzfest too, a couple of summers back. The only thing now is that she's so busy.

~kov.

@mardy: That sucks. :( But it's a good phone, so i hope it lasts long and that you enjoy it! :)

Yeah, Im buying the USB cable and the Nokia headset kit (so that I can use my Koss headphones) on Monday, so its going to be great, having an mp3 player and a phone in one device suits me fine!

gaius plintus said:
Here, if you buy a thing, and a few days later everythng goes on sale (or is being given away for free) - you can still come back and, you know, return the thing or demand re-evaluation. Well, it has to follow vendor's policy, but major should be OK.

Yeah, I know, but not here. Slovakia is a very small market, so the vendors make problems even with regular claims. But it was also my fault, because my contract with Orange expires on Dec. 12, so I couldve waited a bit more.

Because you have to give them enough attention to make them feel loved, which is hard when a band you'll see once every five years is on stage rcoking out and you get to see your girlfriend every day anyway. plus it doesn't matter what you do, they'll still end up in a pissy mood with you for some reason or other. Probably because you laughed at a joke the bar maid made or something like that...

^ I have to agree with this, even though I'd love to take me girl to a konzert, well, 'tis just not the same. You cannot headbang the same way as if you were alone, because you may hit your girl or she might acually get pissed of yer headbanging.

Also, you have the "glorious burden" of keeping her safe. Alas, I remember when Helloween came here for the 2nd time, I was with my girl and there was this huge guy hitting on her in the middle of the gig, and I had to watch the hole fickung konzert that he didn't do anything, so yeah, not much of seeing the band (the sound was terrible anyway). And actually me girl told me that the guy tried to kiss her once, but she hit him on the balls *claps*.

Fucking shit hehe, anyway it's definetly not the same, and you always end up loosing somehow, because if you are with yer girl @ the gig, you don't enjoy it 'cause ye have to watch her, but if you don't take her, you'd feel terrible for not taking her (hence not enjoying the konzert), or she'll make a big and unnecesary fuss about you not taking her, saying things like "Don't you love me anymore? Why oh why can't I be with you at the konzerts? Is it my body? It's my body right? I know I'm ugly but you don't have to do these kind of things to me! *cries**buuuaaaaa*"

I can take my boyfriend to concerts and it doesn´t cause any problems at all :p

I think both of the above descriptions seem a little weird. What might make the difference between how the company is, could be, whether she/he likes the band about as much as you do or not, so people might be in different moods concerning the gig.
But of course, if someone sees their favourite band once in many years, and the beloved boy-/girlfriend accompanies this person because they want to see the band, too, then it´s kinda obvious that most of the attention goes to seeing the band and being in the front row, the moshpit and all that, and it doesn´t mean that anyone stopped loving each other just because they look at the stage and not at their friends. I mean, that´s why you go see a concert in the first place.

nf: nerdy. i spent the day setting up my workstation in the new flat and it was fun. :D now i only need a two-way single-jack RCA cable to plug in the TV (which finally allows me a direct VGA connection, hence cool resolution galore). i didn't know that i couldn't use a standard two-jacks RCA though so i couldn't experiment with sound. and i didn't know that the table had to be exactly balanced lest it trembles with every keystroke, but this is settled now.

as for partners and concerts, i don't know about that since i've been single forever and my experience with boyfriends and gigs extends to 2. boyfriend #1 couldn't keep his hands off me (not that i minded) so we spent all the shows making out, but he allowed me the occasional break for pogo dancing. boyfriend #2 had dreadful taste in music so we usually fought over shows.
what i can say, however, is that mates who try to bar me from getting hurt by physically standing in my way are insufferable. it's ok to come and pick me up whenever i inevitably fall to the ground, hit by someone bigger than me, but trying to push them away before they hit me generates annoyance.

LBRH: are those lyrics in your signature the real one? I tried to read, but even if frenc is my native language, its really hard, with the words all messed up, its all written bakwards and sometimes the letters are not even in the right order :loco:

For the concerts, i would say that concerts with BF are way better than when you go alone :)

Haha, I actually didn't have as hard a time bringing her to that DT concert as I thought I would. She can handle herself, and always wishes people would form a 'girls-only' mosh, so she could rock out without worrying about that one 6'5" 300lb dude who has no motor control. (She can defend herself, that's not the problem - she hits like a fucking truck, but she's not huge, so taking hits doesn't work as well).

The main problem I had was keeping dudes off of her. This one guy was really sneaky about it. I didn't realize until he had moved off, but while it looked like he was just headbanging next to her, his lower half was moving a hell of a lot more than his upper half, and he kept sporadically humping her leg. Yeah, like a dog. What she had decided to wear didn't help at all (corset).

But yeah, nowadays, it's just finding time to actually go to a concert.

~kov.

Status
Not open for further replies.