chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the moment I left home my relationship with my parents has become splendid. Up to that point we were trying real hard to get on each others nerves (especially with my mother). So, moving is great for making these things a lot better in my book.

It gives me shrugs to imagine to live with my parents again - we don't know each otehr any longer... who are these old people?? :D

<sigh>

Now the gf is upset because my parents don't respect the fact that I only get to see her on weekends, and whenever they ask me to do something, it's always on a weekend, and not a weekday.

There's some truth to that, but still, its frustrating being in the middle like this. And embarrassing to be 22 and still having problems with my mom like this.

~kov.

<sigh>

Now the gf is upset because my parents don't respect the fact that I only get to see her on weekends, and whenever they ask me to do something, it's always on a weekend, and not a weekday.

There's some truth to that, but still, its frustrating being in the middle like this. And embarrassing to be 22 and still having problems with my mom like this.

~kov.

I think you should be with your gf. I know, your father needs help, but maybe this time he could do without it and slowly get used to the fact. Sooner or later he will have to start looking for someone else to help him, some neighbour or I dont know.

I think you should be with your gf. I know, your father needs help, but maybe this time he could do without it and slowly get used to the fact. Sooner or later he will have to start looking for someone else to help him, some neighbour or I dont know.

That's not the point (father).

You got to keep all women happy, cuz boys don't cry. If you can't - well, you shouldn't be into girl in the first place.

got a blind date in 1 hour and all i want to do is go to sleep. and i've stonewalled someone i kind of love. go me. fight's gone out. :(

Well, if you want one thing and then go do the other, the first thing is not more likely to happen than before..
Care to go into details so we can try to help?

That's not the point (father).

You got to keep all women happy, cuz boys don't cry. If you can't - well, you shouldn't be into girl in the first place.

Well it was my point, at least. I understand your point as well, that thought about ones parents dying is pretty strong, and true in a way. One should definitely keep that in mind as well.

Well it was my point, at least. I understand your point as well, that thought about ones parents dying is pretty strong, and true in a way. One should definitely keep that in mind as well.

That was an extremum, but I still mean that mothers are more protective (often overly) and easier hurt than fathers, so - you find compromise with them in the first place.

Ugliest fights are with women - they never fight like men.

@tali: well, to cut a very long story short, here's the deal.

there's a guy, let's call him emanuele because it's his name. i've been talking to him on msn for more than one year. i've discovered affinities on every single type of rare things. and i mean honestly rare things. stuff that i didn't even declare on this forum, stuff that makes me sound weirder than ever (everyone, mind out of the gutter - i'm not talking of sexual tastes or the like). he kept on not really making any effort to meet me; we live in different cities, about 3hrs by train, and he said that we could meet anytime for a beer if i had reason to go to florence, but he never did anything to come down here. i didn't like this, because honestly... i never met anyone who shared certain fascinations and sensitivity points before. but i'm not a kid anymore and i'm sort of immune from some dangers out of repeated error and error. so i didn't go.

at some point he told me that he's still in love with his ex. they were together for 12 years. she left him because he failed to graduate, chose a dead-end job, etc etc etc and how many times have i done heard this shit?. so i thought that although he showed no interest i could help him. i made an effort, got him back on track in uni, wished him well etc, and i was 100&#37; honest about my wishing well (heh).

at some point i asked how come affinities are so important in developing affection from my point of view, whereas they did not cause the same reaction for him.

you know when your parents finally tell you that there's no santa claus? well, he told me that he doesn't need a carbon copy of himself, that he 'lives the horror' of his imagery on his own, that sharing doesn't really matter in a relationship, because sharing can be done through rituals and symbols. he mentioned examples which i am loathe to post here because you'd think i'm completely berserk. anyway, he'd rather bask in an assembly of people of dubious convinctions to find the symbols that give him emotion than be assured that there is another person in the world who feels like he does when a certain name or place or battle (how tr00) is mentioned. he looks for difference, not likeness.

now, this is not new. not new at all. but it's the first time someone rationalizes for me so clearly. i really dropped out of everything for 48 hours. depressed, depressed and depressed. i won't go into details here either, because it would take a long story filled with blood and gore, basically. but it's very hard, realizing that what i look for doesn't have the same value for me and for those who embody what i look for. it's worse than rejection, it's a persistent theorem of impossibility that gives me a sense of doom and horror. not failure. plain horror.

so i told him that i was changing my msn account and not talking to him again. he disagreed and so on, but really, i can't go on anymore, not with the mark of cain on me in this shape. and... and... of course this ruined stuff for me. for example, the unwelcome feeling of not being able to enjoy music... it hit me in 2000 for one of my favorite rancid records, it hit me yesterday with one of my favorite 270bis songs. guess what? both had connections with someone i felt strongly for. in the former case it was especially serious because there was a relationship, but the songs were only circumstantial, ie stuff we'd listened to together. in the latter case, these songs were the fabric of something very difficult to express.

i'm holding on, not falling back, i'm not going to switch back to my old account, won't talk to him. but silence lies empty, for the time being. and that's why i tried random dates, to find entertainment.

by the way, the guy i met tonight was ok, but i wasn't blown off my feet and i believe he wasn't either. pleasant night, beers and talks of snowboarding and other fun stuff, so i didn't waste my time. going nowhere, tho.

????

Look, i think it depends on his relationship with his parents. this is a sensitive kind of topic. everyone's experience is different. i believe that parents should not be selfish and they also should allow their children to live their personal life to the fullest, but having neighbors looking after a sick father? my personal reacion is 'ewww'. it's not universally acceptable.

I'm slowly finishing my kinda bigish project - also known as Teh Long Build, and that only online part of it... software will be out in next 3 years, I hope (took a full year for this to take some form and 2 years of planning, on and off).

You don't need a fucking diploma to do what you like and get paid for it :) Contrary to what my folks were saying all the time (and what ultimately drove me that far away).

well, he told me that he doesn't need a carbon copy of himself, that he 'lives the horror' of his imagery on his own, that sharing doesn't really matter in a relationship, because sharing can be done through rituals and symbols. he mentioned examples which i am loathe to post here because you'd think i'm completely berserk. anyway, he'd rather bask in an assembly of people of dubious convinctions to find the symbols that give him emotion than be assured that there is another person in the world who feels like he does when a certain name or place or battle (how tr00) is mentioned. he looks for difference, not likeness.
To me, this is complete jibberish. First of all, there is no such thing as a carbon copy, even if you find someone who's very much like you, there are still sides that are very different.
Sharing can be done through rituals and symbols? Wtf?
What about love? What about being with someone because you love them and taking on all the difficulties on together?

Then again, I think you're attracted to this kind of crazy guys, so I dont really know what advice to give you. I just dont know what to say

sharing can be done through rituals and symbols. he mentioned examples which i am loathe to post here because you'd think i'm completely berserk. anyway, he'd rather bask in an assembly of people of dubious convinctions to find the symbols that give him emotion than be assured that there is another person in the world who feels like he does when a certain name or place or battle (how tr00) is mentioned.

Does he, by any chance, worship the devil?

Does he, by any chance, worship the devil?

well, no. i mentioned sharing inclinations. whenever was i into satan, except for a short period around age 15? :lol:

@taliesin: well, thanks for trying, anyway. i have no clue either, if this is any consolation. :)

well, no. i mentioned sharing inclinations. whenever was i into satan, except for a short period around age 15? :lol:

So I can use "Bask in an Assembly of People of Dubious Convinctions" as a title for a black metal album, right? Maybe I'll just add "(We Mean, Like, Participating in a Black Mass)" as a subtitle to appeal to those who are not big on subtlety.

i seriously didn't realize that the expression could be taken to mean 'a black mass'. so i have no property rights on the interpretation, you can take it and record your black metal album. :D

on the other hand, i'm thinking of emailing a version of the story with a few more details to you. got spare minutes?

on the other hand, i'm thinking of emailing a version of the story with a few more details to you. got spare minutes?

I'll be sitting here until at least 2pm, so go ahead. However, I feel a little out of touch with your chances to get a good guy, and I'm afraid I might end up giving suggestions that are far from satisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.