chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, if anyone around here remembers me (except for forum geeks deluxe hyena and fireangel :D ), I'd like to give you a short update on the life and miseries of teh Child of Time.

Last semester have been both ups and downs. Right now it's slowly going upwards from what I think was an all-time low a couple of months ago (it was about a girl, ok? what else would it be?) Right now I'm in the "brooding, bitter-sweet solitude" state, with short and quickly passing mood swings; one moment a crushed ant, an hour later the way, the truth, the life.

I'm doing ok in school, I have - together with a classmate - recently written a small paper which got a good mark(the highest) (it was about the largest union over here, we tried to give an explanation on why it has taken its stance on work migration (is it called that?). It took us about seven eight-hour days to write a paper that we were supposed to work on for five weeks. :D :D

This semester I'm doing my internship at the environmental office (sounds more fancy in English :p ) here in Gothenburg. Going to write a newsletter about new EU policies in the environment area most of the time. Going to a workplace instead of school gives me sometimes relief, sometimes anxiety (aah, anxiety, one of my oldest and most faithful friends, almost thought I'd lost you for a while).

When it comes to culture I'm ten years behind as usual. I dig "Under a funeral moon" with Darkthrone and plays "Master of Orion II - Battle at Antares" (<-- You like Civ? play this!). I've also ordered "Complete Discography" with Minor Threat (so I can go straight egde and use it as an excuse for not being sexually active :D )

That's what feels worth telling right now. I think I'm back. (Who am I kidding? would I write all this and then disappear again?)

Yeah, so it seems I may be in the NYC area a bit longer. I'll probably wind up moving to boston around end of March, beginning of April, as I forgot that I need to train a replacement and finish most of my current jobs, first.

Oh well. So much for getting the hell out of here. I guess I could cut and run, but I like the company. I'd rather stick with it.

~kov.

More drama. One of my best friends comes stumbeling into blockbusters (where I work) covered in glass and blood, his hand shreaded to bits and his face just minced. Says he's been in a car crash 3 miles away and flagged down a car begging the person to give him and his girlfriend a lift into yeadon (my home town). Sucks because my freind only passed his test a couple of months ago and only bought a car on thursday (a day before the crash). This was his first time out and about and apparently the steering just went really loose and next thing he knew he'd flipped his car over in field. My bro called the police and paramedics, the paramedics didn't do shit and the police took my friend to go look for his car.

In other news, I have an awful soar throat, a dire cold, my bones ache, My guitar has broken and I have a really important gig in 4 days. Twating hell! Very annoying... Ah, Just fixed my guitar. Yes! All is not so bad now.

Now, if anyone around here remembers me (except for forum geeks deluxe hyena and fireangel :D ), I'd like to give you a short update on the life and miseries of teh Child of Time.

Last semester have been both ups and downs. Right now it's slowly going upwards from what I think was an all-time low a couple of months ago (it was about a girl, ok? what else would it be?) Right now I'm in the "brooding, bitter-sweet solitude" state, with short and quickly passing mood swings; one moment a crushed ant, an hour later the way, the truth, the life.

I'm doing ok in school, I have - together with a classmate - recently written a small paper which got a good mark(the highest) (it was about the largest union over here, we tried to give an explanation on why it has taken its stance on work migration (is it called that?). It took us about seven eight-hour days to write a paper that we were supposed to work on for five weeks. :D :D

This semester I'm doing my internship at the environmental office (sounds more fancy in English :p ) here in Gothenburg. Going to write a newsletter about new EU policies in the environment area most of the time. Going to a workplace instead of school gives me sometimes relief, sometimes anxiety (aah, anxiety, one of my oldest and most faithful friends, almost thought I'd lost you for a while).

When it comes to culture I'm ten years behind as usual. I dig "Under a funeral moon" with Darkthrone and plays "Master of Orion II - Battle at Antares" (<-- You like Civ? play this!). I've also ordered "Complete Discography" with Minor Threat (so I can go straight egde and use it as an excuse for not being sexually active :D )

That's what feels worth telling right now. I think I'm back. (Who am I kidding? would I write all this and then disappear again?)

I remember you man. Sounds like you've been having a blast ;)... Sucks about the lady trouble, but in all truth school and work and girlfriend is just so hard to juggle. I'm trying and failing at that now, people telling me I don't care about my girfriend because I have to work an 8 hour shift instead of go watch soap operas at her house etc.

Anyway, the environmental office thing sounds awesome. So you're going to be able to take an active part in helping to preserve our plannet? :)... My hat is off to you! You listened to much Gojira recently/ever? Most of their songs and lyrics are inspired by man's ignorance towards our ever declining approach to le mother earth.

Make sure to let me know if there's any little things we can all do to help, it shall be done!

:(
then I wish you that everything improves much again.

It took us about seven eight-hour days to write a paper that we were supposed to work on for five weeks. :D :D

hey, I&#180;ve been writing papers on my own in a week that were supposed to take 3 months, with the best grades, too ;) [/bragging :D ]
It is kinda efficient :p

On the other hand, sometimes it&#180;s good to let a topic brood, because you get even more aspects from it, and can deliver papers with a high density after you put something to rest for a week and then start with a different perspective. Sometimes it doesn&#180;t work without a break, by working right through, you wouldn&#180;t have seen certain things.

Does the EU-policy deal more with certain standards which are measureable (like cleanliness of water, air, soil etc), or does it deal also with the improvement of quality of life, like area of parks, public traffic and so on?
Because here I got the impression that it rather focuses on things that can be measured; and additionally I have the feeling that city-projects are often customized in a way that brings in as much EU-subsidies as possible, no matter if that&#180;s what the city currently needs or not.

Nice to hear I made at least some impression. ;)

King Chaos said:
I remember you man. Sounds like you've been having a blast ;)... Sucks about the lady trouble, but in all truth school and work and girlfriend is just so hard to juggle. I'm trying and failing at that now, people telling me I don't care about my girfriend because I have to work an 8 hour shift instead of go watch soap operas at her house etc.

Of course lack of time and energy is difficult to manage, but are you sure you're really failing at it? What if your work (and income) let you two have more "quality time" together? What if your workdays prevents tedium by reducing the time spent on soap operas? :)

Anyway, the environmental office thing sounds awesome. So you're going to be able to take an active part in helping to preserve our plannet? :)... My hat is off to you!

Hehe, now you're making sound a lot more important than it actually is. But if I would work in the same area after I've graduated (which I wouldn't mind...), then the answer would be a very humble 'yes'. :oops:

You listened to much Gojira recently/ever? Most of their songs and lyrics are inspired by man's ignorance towards our ever declining approach to le mother earth.

Haven't heard them, but maybe I should check them out. Any recommendations on where to start?

On the other hand, sometimes it´s good to let a topic brood, because you get even more aspects from it, and can deliver papers with a high density after you put something to rest for a week and then start with a different perspective. Sometimes it doesn´t work without a break, by working right through, you wouldn´t have seen certain things.

This is what we told ourselves we were doing the first four weeks. :D We had a couple of seminars and discussed how to create a paper that wouldn't be horrible.

I also think it would be good to work a little less intensely since otherwise you (or at least definitely I) easily becomes obsessed by what you're doing. I've been analysing almost everything from a rational-choice perspective the last weeks. :erk:

Does the EU-policy deal more with certain standards which are measureable (like cleanliness of water, air, soil etc), or does it deal also with the improvement of quality of life, like area of parks, public traffic and so on?
Because here I got the impression that it rather focuses on things that can be measured; and additionally I have the feeling that city-projects are often customized in a way that brings in as much EU-subsidies as possible, no matter if that´s what the city currently needs or not.

I'm not yet that familiar with the actual directives, but I guess that there usually are some demands on measurability. Otherwise it's really hard to tell whether you have achieved anything. And there are (rather scary) people that argues that you are able to measure things like 'quality of life'. :ill:

This is what we told ourselves we were doing the first four weeks. :D

:lol:

I also think it would be good to work a little less intensely since otherwise you (or at least definitely I) easily becomes obsessed by what you're doing. I've been analysing almost everything from a rational-choice perspective the last weeks. :erk:

The analyzing - feeling is not wrong, I think, just if you are stuck with several options, go with what you feel is right.

I'm not yet that familiar with the actual directives, but I guess that there usually are some demands on measurability. Otherwise it's really hard to tell whether you have achieved anything. And there are (rather scary) people that argues that you are able to measure things like 'quality of life'. :ill:

Maybe it´s not possible to measure "quality of life" accurately, but I believe you can at least come close to it with a few standards that you set. As for the measuring of clean water or anything else that´s countable, also there it always depends on what you look at, which substances you search for and such, so that doesn´t need to be 100% objective either. And just think of how creative people can become when they set limits on pollution ;)

Quality of Life - measuring can possibly be approached by evaluating the infrastructure, the plants and parks, the cultural life and by asking people if they are happy in their surroundings. You can also be pretty sure that most people would rather prefer an area that doesn´t appear too crowded, with lots of light, green and pretty colours than a 1000-apartments gray and dirty skyscraper with dangerous surroundings in a dead suburb.

Well, I'm back home here in CR, had a great time in Europe! :headbang: :kickass:

I was with Mrs.Gigi yesterday, well till today actually hehe, ahhhh feels so good :) :cry: :kickass: .

I was checking the DT official page, saw the touring new, and saw the pic, and I was like "Hey, does Mikael have a mustache?!?'

Am I going crazy or what hehe? :lol:

I just wonder..DT stated 17 days ago following:

Next week we'll go public with some information concerning the album, including title, release dates for different territories, video plans, running order, guest musicians and so forth.

DAMN, I WANT THAT INFO. Stop teasing me, that was almost three weeks ago, where's the info :&#180;( They're playing with our minds, mine is freaking out. No, I'm not impatient :)

DAMN, I WANT THAT INFO. Stop teasing me, that was almost three weeks ago, where's the info :´( They're playing with our minds, mine is freaking out. No, I'm not impatient :)

Check out Panic! At The Disco web-site - they posted some updateds recently.

And shut the fuck up - it's coming.

I know it's coming, I'm just pretty marveled because I don't see any commenting about forthcoming album here. I expected that people here would show their assumptions but it doesn't seem to be like that. So, I'll wait silently and patiently at the background like everyone else...

Blah, you just wish.

I know it's coming, I'm just pretty marveled because I don't see any commenting about forthcoming album here. I expected that people here would show their assumptions but it doesn't seem to be like that. So, I'll wait silently and patiently at the background like everyone else...

Blah, you just wish.

Caotico mentioned in one of the threads that it was the label waiting out with the press release, so everyone is waiting for that now.

Nevermind that - as an economist by trade, I've been doing that for the last ten years and I'm still here to tell the tale. :)

Hey check this link out, it is kind of a mock of metalheads, in a good way though hehe :lol: :p . It's a"cumbia" song but with metalheads and they talk/mock like some general metal things. The video is in Spanish, so you'd have to know the language in order to fully understand it.

Still, it is very funny just to watch it, don't miss it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxPZDl7a1Jg

:headbang: ¡Querubines Negros del Molocotongo!:headbang:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

speaking of which, after three years of hanging around dating sites i finally received a message that defies imagination - normally guys try to establish contact by saying whatever silly thing comes to them about looking for love, or liking my pic, and so on. this morning, someone dropped me a single line, and it was "do you like heavy metal? if you do, we can discuss it". i was tempted to reply with a message titled "leather spikes and chains", but i didn't want to give the impression of going for a bondage-type affair. :p

Hyena, you reminded me of a question I meant to float here. My fiancee and I recently went to her great-aunt's 50th anniversary party (basically an excuse for a big family reunion). The tie-in comes when we were greeting her cousin, whom I had met on another occasion. She had her boyfriend with her, and while we were all preparing to ruthlessly skewer him behind his back once he left (he seemed really slimy), he one-upped us. While my fiancee is saying hello to her cousin, this guy turns to my fiancee's brother and says the following - " Hi, we met on E-Harmony.com. My name is ----. "

Now, to his credit, her brother just took it in stride. But I wanted to know if anyone else found this behavior to be odd? I don't mean internet dating - I have no problems with that, but I don't think it's the first thing you tell people when you're meeting them for the first time. Generally, I would assume it to be a response to a question along the lines of "Where did you two meet?" or something to that effect. Which isn't even to deal with the more pressing problem, for me at least - who would say that before even giving a name? (Not that I remember it. He'll forever be 'Eharmony guy'.)

Maybe it's just me and the fact that I spend too much time in front of a computer, but I just had this image of him holding out his hand and shouting "HELLO. I AM FROM TEH INTARWEBS!"

~kov.

Status
Not open for further replies.