chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that a woman looking like your average blonde and being an artist of that level are a weird combination or am I being hopelessly superficial again? :err:

If she looks like your average blonde (and she does), poses like your average blonde and dresses like your average blonde (on an art project), then she's probably your average blonde. Even assuming her art is really good - I like it, but I know nothing about art - I guess it's not impossible that she's simply a pretentious young girl with some talent for drawing.

Voting for getting involved with the art and not the person.

edit: Changing my vote to getting her to register on Ultimatemetal and wax poetic about how we suck for calling her a blonde.

Well, there's only one way to find out if that's another stereotype, but about what she does - it was never in my face, I found out by accident, not like she was oh so about it. Honestly, I have a weak spot for people with that kind of talent - attractive girls especially, so my judgement about her can be impaired after all, but I genuinely like what she does.

Her stuff reminds me of that Swedish artist, a lady with a black cat, she draws those amazing fairy-scapes, I wish I had a link handy.

I am currently drooling over photos of the new Vaio VGN-UX1, which puts me in a worse league than Plintus (arts and members of the preferred sex are certanily more acceptable as drool-worthy objects than computers... but honestly, it's not just any computer).

I think you have a high chance of being forgiven in this crowd, Hyena, so no worries.

Given the whole apartment thing, I'm probably gonna hold off on upgrading any of my computer stuff for a while, aside from maybe picking up another hard drive for storage.

NF: Sick. Fuck. Just what I was trying to avoid. And this one comes complete with runny nose and slight increase in body temp, as well as headaches. Just what I always wanted.

~kov.

@hyena: you have some taste in gadgets, I see :D

@kov: external - 500GB WD (the brand I'm with for last 9 years) is less than $190. Vitamin C and ginseng, but those are preventive measures, pull yourself togetehr, soldier!! It's one week till D-day. I mean - DT-day!

I'm qualifying for a mortgage :heh:

I'm big on the Vitamin C, too. Just have to grab some today on my way out from work. One week till Wuster, then 2 more days to NYC. Sweet, sweet stuff.

And I may get another friend hooked on DT. Should be good.

~kov.

@plintus: taste, yes. money, no. unfortunately. :(
i envy all of you for going to shows while all i do is work.

@plintus: taste, yes. money, no. unfortunately. :(

Consumism is a sin. I gave up planning any big purchases for some time, I figured I have everything I need. And make your company pay for it if it's needed for business purposes ;)

Oh, I'm asking for a 75-100% raise and extra monitor, as I'm planning a slight career change, and the money is main issue here. I think an extra monitor would be something that can piss everyone off :rolleyes:

Those shows roll around once a year, I just make everything to have the best time possible. Actually, I need a vacation a week earlier than I requested, I'm actually falling apart, and that's pretty much true as I say that myself. Some strange disorder, starting insomnia or something, when you are so tired you are about to collapse, but as soon as you are laying in bed - you cannot sleep. Or maybe I'm just overdosing on caffeine, I dunno (I drink it only at work).

Some strange disorder, starting insomnia or something, when you are so tired you are about to collapse, but as soon as you are laying in bed - you cannot sleep

Yeah, same here, as you figured out a while ago. The last four nights I went to bed between midnight and one, only to lie awake until three listening to traffic noises and dogs. I cannot even blame those for keeping me up, since I normally sleep through the racket. And the same thing happened about one month ago, lasted for 2 weeks, then I fell ill. I just hope it's not about to happen again, I cannot afford it.
My employer buying me a small Vaio - not possible, unfortunately. I get pretty nice machinery on my desk, but only the higher-ups get handtops.

The thing I hate about being sick is that normally (unless it's a stomach thing, which hit me terribly) my immune system is resilient enough to keep the worst of a cold away, but leave me unable to stay home, and sniffling and coughing all day long. I can barely function my mind is so clouded, but physically I'm not that bad.

Luckily, though, once I'm in bed, I'm asleep. I'll sleep soundly for a solid 4 hours or so, but then, if I'm sick, I'll wind up tossing and turning for another 1-4 (depending on when I got to sleep).

~kov.

This doesn't really continue on with the current chain of discussion.

Haven't posted in a few days... haven't been able to really.

NF: Tired as usual. But recently I've really been working my arse off. Doing a big project at uni and it's taken so much work to get it to the level its at... mainly because two of the group members are completely retarded slackers. Fucking can't wait till I'm in a group with people who actually understand the principles and practicalities of teamwork, and don't just abuse the rest of the team. Anyway, my manager and the only other full timer have taken holiday off this week so I'm also doing aload of hours at work. But it's cool because I actually feel really motivated. Had some guest lecturers come in yesterday and something they said must have got thorugh. I suddenly feel like I need to take a more entrepreneurial approach to the things I do well and the things I want to one day make a career of, as right now, I'm pretty much just floating along and letting laziness cloud all the oppotunities that lie open.

^ He believe me. I know what ye mean about teamwork :erk: . 1st of all, I hate working in teams, I have always been a lone wolf and will always be one, at least in matters of uni work.

It's enough having to socialize with people I don't relate to, and on top of that, I have to bend my schedule to theirs! Why would I want to saty in the Uni doing some f%^&% stupid work because no one else has a computer but no one wants to come to my house when I offer them! Bunch of lazy bastards.

I hate so much having to work with others, I prefer to do my work happily on front of my computer listening to my music, instead of having to hear the idiotic and ignorant minds of my classmates, which I can't beleive how they're in 4th year anyway. I mean, how can they make mistakes with the verb to be?!?

I was telling my 9 year old sis the other day that she knows more English than most of my classmates.

I guess ye understand me now.

On the subject, I'm so pissed because my clasmates constantly cheat on tests! Specifically with one professsor, it's amazing, someone took out a notebook to see the notes of the test, in front of her, and she didn't notice!!!!

My 85 year old grandma has more senses than her *berserk mode*.

So, my dilemma now is if I should snitch, because it really bothers me that they know less (much less) English than I do, but sure they get freaking better grades!

And I already told her once but she didn't do anything!

So I think I'm gonna tell, what do ye say?

@daniel: personally, i disapprove of cheating and never did while in school (at least not in tests, while i copied homework from others when i didn't feel like doing it). but i draw the line at snitching. you should not really care about other people's grades, cheating or not, but only about how to improve your own through harder work or more attentive test-taking.

All work and no shows makes hyena a dull girl?

Maybe you should try and take a little time off? Then again I imagine that your level of implication in various jobs and duties wouldn't allow you to do that..

mainly because two of the group members are completely retarded slackers. Fucking can't wait till I'm in a group with people who actually understand the principles and practicalities of teamwork, and don't just abuse the rest of the team.
Leave them behind. If all they do is slack, dont put their names on the paper. Why should you share your work with someone who didnt contribute to it?
I was always reluctant to do so, but after being in a group with a lebanese who barely spoke any german and a giant slacker, Ive come to a different attitude. I had to hand in a lab protocol 2 days after my matsci lab and I was the only one really interested in doing anything so I had to prepare for the exam and do the lab protocol. I ended up only preparing for the exam, the lab protocol cost me all the week after, which meant one week less of preparation for the electrotechnics exam.
The point is, if no one shows them that slacking is not appreciated, they will always pass everything like that and make others pay. Better you make them pay first.

On a sidenote, I think I did pass my electrotechnics exam.. which was the second last tough one for these holidays :headbang:

@daniel: personally, i disapprove of cheating and never did while in school (at least not in tests, while i copied homework from others when i didn't feel like doing it). but i draw the line at snitching. you should not really care about other people's grades, cheating or not, but only about how to improve your own through harder work or more attentive test-taking.

Yeah I know what ye mean, but the remember that I'm studying English Teaching, so I don't feel comfortable knowing that such mediocre classmates that don't know shit about English are going to be teachers by the end of the year :erk: :ill: .

So I'm doing it for the future generations of students of CR :kickass: :headbang: .

And I hate that they;d have a higher average than me :puke: .

Status
Not open for further replies.