chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rahvin said:
edit: Changing my vote to getting her to register on Ultimatemetal and wax poetic about how we suck for calling her a blonde.

Seconded.

I am currently drooling over photos of the new Vaio VGN-UX1, which puts me in a worse league than Plintus (arts and members of the preferred sex are certanily more acceptable as drool-worthy objects than computers... but honestly, it's not just any computer).

But as your drooling over a computer doesn't fit in the common female gender role, it might not be that bad? ;)

NF: Friday 08.23 am. :zzz: Can't even think in Swedish, why am I trying to write in English? More coffee.

But as your drooling over a computer doesn't fit in the common female gender role, it might not be that bad? ;)

Well, I have been consistently thinking for years that not fitting the common female gender roles is not that bad, so I do agree with you. But we're more or less the only two people who agree, besides maybe a bunch of rabid feminists whom I don't even know personally ;)

Martin - I'll be finally able to take a short break on April 4th, I really cannot wait for teh day.

Oh, and to achieve maximum efficiency, I'm not drinking until april 2nd after my presentation, with three exceptions (business dinners next monday, friday and on the 28th - i don't go home to work after those anyway, so i might as well have alcohol). now, this might seem easy to non-drinkers, but considering my consistent consumption of alcoholic drinks it is quite hard.

27 y/o guy from Belarus was shot day before yesterday in NE Philly. Died, of course. Opened door to three blacks (why???), his gf was at home, all I know - they killed him. That ex-gf of ex-his works with a girl I know, so that's how the news got to us.

I checked Philly homicide map:

http://inquirer.philly.com/graphics/murders_map/

City looks like Vietnam, all around the place I live (west of the sign Center City, below Market, before the major highway that goes South).

Gotta get awa from this place as far as possible - the area (Camden NJ/N and W Phialdelpahia) is rated close to #1 in terms of criminal activities and close to last about living conditions.

Leave them behind. If all they do is slack, dont put their names on the paper. Why should you share your work with someone who didnt contribute to it?
I was always reluctant to do so, but after being in a group with a lebanese who barely spoke any german and a giant slacker, Ive come to a different attitude. I had to hand in a lab protocol 2 days after my matsci lab and I was the only one really interested in doing anything so I had to prepare for the exam and do the lab protocol. I ended up only preparing for the exam, the lab protocol cost me all the week after, which meant one week less of preparation for the electrotechnics exam.
The point is, if no one shows them that slacking is not appreciated, they will always pass everything like that and make others pay. Better you make them pay first.

On a sidenote, I think I did pass my electrotechnics exam.. which was the second last tough one for these holidays :headbang:

Congratulations man. :)

The thing is, at the start of the project we had to write up a contract and have the members sign it. The contract is also signed by a tutor making it 'official'... so they're actually in breach of an 'official' contract. I don't know what the consequences are, but its probably just that they'll get told off and have some marks deducted. Either way they seem to think they're doing enough to get by, and now and then they try to make out they've done loads at home yada yada yada. We get to do peer assesment and I am just going to mark them as -5 because their neglect and the affect it's had on me and the work is unacceptable.

27 y/o guy from Belarus was shot day before yesterday in NE Philly. Died, of course.
400 shot in Philly alone in one year? That's more than in the whole of germany :erk:

KC: That's the way! :headbang:
I mean, in the end, if they're not motivated it means it's probably not the right choice. Think of it as pushing them towards the right track, like you're doing them a favour ;)

^ Yeah that's a good idea, tihink of it as a favour :p .

@Plintus: Why the heck are ye still there? Didn't you know till now about that :erk: ?

--

Btw, how do ye like my new avatar people?

400 shot in Philly alone in one year? That's more than in the whole of germany :erk:

It is bad, yes. Not that as in Camden or Detroit (dt had to play in some bad neighbourhood there, btw), but sure enough one of the worse criminal situations in the US.

Drugs/drug money are the main reasons behind all that. As you can guess - most of those shot/shooting are blacks.

It's the same guy actually, Közi from Malice Mizer :) *drools*.

Dunno I liked it because it's not actually very metal, and since I strive for originality whenever I can, so I chose that one . Besides, he looks really hot *ahem* *cof cof*. Too bad the whole pic doesn't appear, he's actually holding a cigarrate there :p .

Btw, check out thid link:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/62344

It's some comments about Fiction, everyone's favourite new album (though I haven't heard it yet. I WON'T SUBMIT TO THE TEMPTATION! NEVAAAA!!! :kickass: ).

Anyway :p, it's funny what they mentioned how everything sounded flat, poor DT it must have been terrible :erk: :cry: .

Thanks Tue Madsen :) , if I ever finish my cd I'll send it to ye so ye can do yer magic on it too :p :rolleyes: :lol: .

BY the waaaaaaay, take a look at the pic that appears there!

Did Niklas cut his hair OMG? And it's blonde again right?!?

Hmmm he looks really good... . :)

Also, I like the fact that Martin B. can be seen, unlike in basically every previous DT pic in which you could barely tell he was there :headbang: . He seems a little more fat hehe, and the factionsof his face have changed a lot, he looks older now .

Mikael looks very good with that beard :) .

Anders, Martin H. and Michael look pretty much the same though (Anders slightly more corpse-like hehe :p ).

I just did a test for the so called Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English. Those tests are so boring and take sooo long, but I guess they are a necessary evil.
I took the SAT during my exchange year in the US. Wasn't too bad.
In four weeks I'll start taking all my end-of-the-year-exams which means I'll have 1 or 2 exams every week for about 2 months. Will be a lot of work.

This post is largely off-topic. That's why its in here!

It is bad, yes. Not [as bad as] in Camden

Camden = 5-10 minutes away from me. Woo! You forgot to tell them that the waterfront really isn't that bad, nor is the rest of the county. I still hate the Tweeter Center though.

Anyway, I am very very excited for the show next weekend. Though I know plenty of people here have seen them before (I haven't), I just think its completely awesome that I will finally (FINALLY) get to see my favorite band in person (which is something else I haven't ever done). I hope the crowd gets into it to - that's an experience I want to remember. And if any board member gets a chance to meet the band (in a non-groupie, back-of-the-tour-bus kind of way), get me the hookup (I'm bringing my membership card LOLZ <-- sarcasm), I think I would explode if I got to meet them. (Sorry for the fanboyishness)

Anyway - I realize also that I'm pretty young for this board too. Not the youngest, but I wouldn't have thought DT would have an *older* (and I use that term loosely) fan-base, but I guess it makes sense.

/end rambling

EDIT: The Philly show is the one I'm going to, if not previously mentioned. : P

No it's a certificate non-native English speakers who want to have a certificate that shows how great their English is. Good for applications. It lasted about 6 hours on one Saturday plus another 20 minutes of oral examination on another Saturday and 4x a 45 min drive.

@ DoC: Being a fanboy is great. :worship: dt
The oldest members of this forum are probably those who experienced the wonderful adventure of puberty and rebelling against the parents when Skydancer was released. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.