chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feelings. I am happy that I will fly to Malta on Saturday for a week with my school class and that I will have a two week Easter vacation after that.
I am not so happy that my English teacher who organizes the trip wants us to have breakfast at 7:30 a.m. every day and doesn't give us a single afternoon off. I just wrote her an e-mail kissing her ass all the way through. If that doesn't work, I'll start a discussion during class and i am sure there won't be a single on her side.
Btw: She has already sent out 25 newsletters regarding the trip. :zombie:

Kat - what day do you show up again? Worst case, I might be able to meet you guys for lunch or something one day.

Have to start planning how the hell I'm going to get to the show on the 23rd. Dammit.

~kov.

EDIT: Hey, plin. Seems this summer there's a Star Trek convention headed your way. Which means I will be too. According to her, it's between Camden and you. Sounds like a wonderful place!

Hallo, hallo
I've been in FL for about a week
Went to some spring training baseball games
First day here was at Cocoa Beach, did not know it was spring break for for the college peeps
and to say the beach was crowded would be an understatement,
took me half an hour to find a parking space, so now for my beach activity, been
hanging out at the Canaveral National Seashore, nothing but ocean and seashore and very few people
took many photos so may post some when I'm back in WV?
In a hour or so we'll be headed out for some dinner and then
to the Social to see/hear DT ... YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA
I would guess I'm the only forum member who will be at the first stop
of this tour? Maybe not? If you're going introduce yourself,
I'll buy you a adult beverage or 2. I'll be the guy wearing that black tshirt,
did not bring any DT shirts with me, but my woman friend said She is going to wear a DT shirt.
I'll be buying one at this show, can wait to see what swag is available for sale.
Over to St Petersburg to see DT again, tomorrow. DOUBLE YEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Will fly back north on Thursday and will see DT again next week in Pittsburgh(Millvale), PA
this show will make 10x for me seeing/hearing DT in concert. Ain't life grand :D
I wrote to a forum member about attending some DT shows in the Midwest but she chose to ignore me.
why ask why
I posted this before, was wondering if there is a reason why DT are starting this tour in Orlando?
They ended their last USA/Canada tour here, is it some sort of unwinding, backtracking thingie?
Time to gogo
:) EVERYTHING :) IS :) BEAUTIFUL :)

Ok, so depending on when you're getting in on the 29th, and how my work schedule is those days, we could probably meet up on the 29th or 30th, as I'll probably be back out of town by the evening of the 30th.

... Interesting. Halfway through this post, I get called by my boss to come talk to him. We spend about half an hour shooting the breeze about our educational experiences and such, stemming from mentioning my fiancee. Turns out he's now telling me to talk to our recruiter (something he was pissed at me for doing) to set up going to Boston while they try to find a replacement down here. Previously, he had stated very adamantly that he didn't want me to look until they already had a replacement lined up. And, he was saying that it would only be a month to a month and a half for me to get up there once we worked out a deal.

So, as you could imagine, I was confused. And then, the reveal. Her dad had called my boss, wondering about my transfer. My boss does not know my fiancee is at all related to this guy. My boss is scared shitless, because now the VP of Operations for the Greater NY area is wondering what's holding up my (entry-level grunt's) transfer. With the amount of shit my boss has put me through over this, it was all I could do to not laugh and explain just what the connection was.

Closing words? "And don't bring (her dad's name) into this - I think it was (recruiter's name)'s doing, but he's way too high up for this kind of thing."

~kov. :D

Ok, so depending on when you're getting in on the 29th, and how my work schedule is those days, we could probably meet up on the 29th or 30th, as I'll probably be back out of town by the evening of the 30th.

I plan to leave Montreal very early on thursday morning, so let's say I'll be there around 1pm. I'll have to check in at the hotel, and then, free for two days! :) I'll give you my cellphone number, deal? So you can call me on the 29th, to let me know if you can meet us or not! :D
Plinty, same thing! But you already have my cellphone number :)

Hmmm, Ill keep my fingers crossed till they turn blue. ;)

Just google it.

Hehe thanks! :)

If anyone over here needs English-Spanish, Spanish-Englidh translations tell me and I'll gladly do the job :) . Don't worry, I don't charge much :) .

And I freaking hate that everyone always says google it! Damn that truly gets on my nerves :mad: :heh: .

I asked because I want to know the situation from the mouth of a person who has lived the situation or someone that knows a lot about it, google will tell me little stuff of it, or at least not what I want to know :erk: .

I asked because I want to know the situation from the mouth of a person who has lived the situation or someone that knows a lot about it, google will tell me little stuff of it, or at least not what I want to know :erk: .

On the other hand I will project only my opinion about what's going on there... and I really don't like to talk about it - I got a photoalbum of my x-rays already.

It's a beautiful country TO VISIT. To live there is good too. Well, for those who don't demand much and are satisfied with every day "stability" which relies heavily on Russian gas and oil.

Any alternative opinion is suppressed, there's no freedom of speech, all media is pro-government, and even if your voice is heard - in a long run you WILL go to prison for this or that reason (they will plant drugs or money in your pocket, but usually it's less obvious). Prisons are overcrowded and conditions are really bad (I know a few people who ended up there for 2 weeks last spring).

Some guys in opposition look and act like imbeciles (fucking "youth leaders"? Who the fuck are you kidding??), the guy who is kinda against current President is sponsored by Western (some say Polish, some - US, prolly everyone is right here) money... not a total puppet, but not a leader, not at all.

Some people want to change the goernment, cuz they want a democratic state, not pro-Soviet country where people disappear for opposing th ePresident, there's still KGB and it's President vocally adores Adolph Hitler (his achievements in making Germany a great country after hard times - that was caught on tape... pfffff).

Wow no wonder ye left the country.

Sorry if I made ye feel bad or awkward in anyway, I sincerely apologize.

I guess the thing of freedom of expression is kind of the same everywhere, but it certainly feels like it's really bad there.

I rember when a TV (or was it newspaper?) reporter got killed here because she knew too much... quite a shock, the whole country was like :OMG: :cry: .

Also, before that, a Colombian reporter that use to work as a radio commentarist here in CR got killed too. I really admire that guy, Parmenio Median, for even though he got warnings (someone shot a bit to his house), he continued to investigate some serious stuff. It might have been a bit selfish considering that he put his fmaily at stake, but I still admire him for having the guts to continue.

Anyway, he discovered a huge fraud that happened with a Catholic Radio Station (Radio María), and we're talking serious shit here, it was more $1.000.000 +. Then it was also discovered that the priest who stole the money, Padre (Father) Mainor, used to teach private "driving" lessons to young boys around La Sabana (a huge park in San José). If ye didn't get the driving lessons stuff, he used to charge the kids/teen with sexual favors.

Anyway, back to topic, I'm glad ye're doing ok Plinypoo, has yer family ever considered of moving too?

Cheers :kickass: .

Nah, they are good where they are. We are on rather opposite sides when it concerns politics - old people, you know :) And I needed a change. I wouldn't be able to stand the same shit over the years again and again. So - I made my choice.

Nah, they are good where they are. We are on rather opposite sides when it concerns politics - old people, you know :) And I needed a change. I wouldn't be able to stand the same shit over the years again and again. So - I made my choice.

Are people allowed to leave Belarus anytime they want? Because here it was almost impossible in the years 1968-1989. Hundreds of people were shot dead trying to cross the barb-wired fences at the borders with Austria and Germany.

Are people allowed to leave Belarus anytime they want?

Just listen to this: first you need a stamp in passport allowing to leave the country. In addition to that to go anywhere in Europe - you need visa.

They don't check passports on the border with Russia yet, but you won't be able to cross the border anywhere else without that stamp. It's a measure against "human trafficking" (which blooms anyway).

I guess they don't shoot for border violation around there any longer, but if they start - I won't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.