chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't have any net near and we were on some conference about genetics ( actually,mr.Nerdy was on it and still is, I just enjoyed around :D ) in Cavtat, he's coming back tomorrow and you'll hear from him here...we missed you all and had some good laughs talking about all of you :D...also, we'll upload some pictures in few days...enjoy

Hey Rincewind, nice to read some news from you! Ive just googled Cavtat and it looks beautiful! Im sure you are having a wonderful time, so I looking forward to the photographic material and documentation. :D

Nice to have you back Undo and Rince!

On a different note, yesterday I had an audition for the play Inat Tendu et Ines Pérée by Réjean Ducharme that will be presented this september at my college and I got the role I wanted! I'm already looking forward to our rehearsals this summer. Also, my improv team received the jerseys we ordered and this means we'll be playing live at the Petit Chicago (a popular pub in my town) every sunday night starting next week. This will be my life's greatest summer yet :cool:.

RampageSword said:
Nice to have you back Undo and Rince!

On a different note, yesterday I had an audition for the play Inat Tendu et Ines Pérée by Réjean Ducharme that will be presented this september at my college and I got the role I wanted! I'm already looking forward to our rehearsals this summer. Also, my improv team received the jerseys we ordered and this means we'll be playing live at the Petit Chicago (a popular pub in my town) every sunday night starting next week. This will be my life's greatest summer yet :cool:.

Thats wonderful, I am so proud of you, Rampy! :D
This one is for you:

http://www.davidegualano.com/lol/wombat.jpg

@rampy: great :)

tonight i presented an offer for the flat that i would like to be mine. unlike men, flats can be had if one is willing to pay huge sums of money. i tried to cut said sums by offering very little, wish me all luck. there's a fair chance that the owners will tell me to go fuck myself. i'll know by the 7th.

nf: bored. Like there is really nothing to do, and it is windy and a bit cold outside. At least it doesnt rain so one dont get soaked after 5' walking in the streets, like yesterday.

First bit of damn fine weather in ages. Folk metal, frisbee and just trying to love life. Not doing a bad job for at least this morning. Even though there's very little coming up worth looking forward to. Just long hours of work. Feel like I should be partying tonight. May try and arrange something, although it'll no doubt fall flat and disapoint.

Right now, the telephone and cable companies in control of Internet access are trying to use their enormous political muscle to dramatically change the Internet. It might be hard to believe, but lawmakers in Washington DC are seriously debating whether consumers should be free to use the Internet as they want in the future.The phone and cable companies now control more than 95% of all Internet access. These large corporations are spending millions of dollars to promote legislation that would divide the Internet into a two-tiered system.The top tier would be a "Pay-to-Play" high-speed toll-road restricted to only the largest companies that can afford to pay high fees for preferential access to the Net.The bottom tier -- the slow lane -- would be what is left for everyone else. If the fast lane is the information "super-highway," the slow lane will operate more like a dirt road.
Only in America where money talks and the rest of us will walk
down that dirt road -

La Rocque said:
Right now, the telephone and cable companies in control of Internet access are trying to use their enormous political muscle to dramatically change the Internet. It might be hard to believe, but lawmakers in Washington DC are seriously debating whether consumers should be free to use the Internet as they want in the future.The phone and cable companies now control more than 95% of all Internet access. These large corporations are spending millions of dollars to promote legislation that would divide the Internet into a two-tiered system.The top tier would be a "Pay-to-Play" high-speed toll-road restricted to only the largest companies that can afford to pay high fees for preferential access to the Net.The bottom tier -- the slow lane -- would be what is left for everyone else. If the fast lane is the information "super-highway," the slow lane will operate more like a dirt road.
down that dirt road -

Thats outrageous, but it doesnt surprise me at all. America is becoming more and more some kind of weird equivalent of China.

Rampy and Marek and Tali and co.: Thanks for the nice words and stuff. I am having the time of my life in this really crazy country where there are no sidewalks or microwaves and where the letters Y and Z are reversed on keyboards. And yes, Cavtat is beautiful, but you should google up Dubrovnik; that's far more beautiful. And Zadar is beri (errrr, very) nice too and has some pretty cool stuff (especially a girl called Ivana :)). Ummm, how has UM been without me? :D I've also missed you guys. I'll post pics and adventures and stuff next time. Oh, and Ivana says hi. :)

@la rocque: aside from the matter of principle, isn't the slow lane - for all practical purposes - fast enough? as much as i enjoy the happy 10mbps i'm given at work (university of torino), i'm also rather comfortable with the let's-call-it-1mbps-and-hope-no-one-will-notice speed i experience at home. my visits in the usa have shown to me similar results on the few home networks i've tested, which would still amount to enough to access all information, including streaming audio and video, provided it's compressed enough.

UndoControl said:
Rampy and Marek and Tali and co.: Thanks for the nice words and stuff. I am having the time of my life in this really crazy country where there are no sidewalks or microwaves and where the letters Y and Z are reversed on keyboards. And yes, Cavtat is beautiful, but you should google up Dubrovnik; that's far more beautiful. And Zadar is beri (errrr, very) nice too and has some pretty cool stuff (especially a girl called Ivana :)). Ummm, how has UM been without me? :D I've also missed you guys. I'll post pics and adventures and stuff next time. Oh, and Ivana says hi. :)

Well, Ive been to Croatia before, so I know that its beautiful, I only didnt know Cavtat. Enjoy yourselves! :)

La Rocque said:
down that dirt road -
Link?

does anyone here have any experience with singing aggressively (growl/scream)? i was singing for like 3 hours in a row and now my throat is messed up =(

Status
Not open for further replies.