chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 Stringed Fingers said:
I believe she's referring to the argument we had with Tri, on page 34, which would be directly above her post if not for the page break.

i know, i was just trying to get some raunchy pictures of asses out of the whole débacle. ;)

If A was in love with B and believed that B reciprocated A's feelings, whereas in fact B did not, but was in love with C, the state of affairs was certainly not so good as it would have been if A had been right, but was it worse or better than it would of become if A discovered this mistake? If A was in love with B under the misapprehension as to B's qualities, was it better or worse than A's not being in love at all?

La Rocque said:
If A was in love with B and believed that B reciprocated A's feelings, whereas in fact B did not, but was in love with C, the state of affairs was certainly not so good as it would have been if A had been right, but was it worse or better than it would of become if A discovered this mistake? If A was in love with B under the misapprehension as to B's qualities, was it better or worse than A's not being in love at all?

interesting. i'd say it depends a lot on A's view of love as a feeling. i've met people who would - perhaps naively, or hypocritically, i don't know - claim that even unreciprocated love under false assumptions is worth the time and energy spent, because it represents a facet of someone's life and feelings that would have otherwise gone unexpressed. others - and i count myself in that number - believe that the sufferings of the heart should ultimately work to the purpose of achieving something sincere and as long-lasting as possible. this is not to say that all pain is in vain, or that there is nothing to learn from certain experiences, but past the point where you're actually just wrong about the other person's qualities, i don't think it's productive to spend time in losing games once you know that's what they are.
as far as simple knowing/not knowing is concerned, i'd always pick knowing even if it makes it worse, unless we're talking suicide.

I agree with rahvin, knowing is the better option. Some people dont try to find out or dont want to because they fear to be rejected or want to keep imagining the other person loves them to but never ask so their illusion doesnt get destroyed.
Imo, unanswered love can never be worth the time because you'd be living a lie. Maybe some moments would appear in a brighter light, appear sort of "magic" because of the other's presence, but none of that is real.
On a sidenote, even in a functioning relationship, it's not this kind of "magic" that makes it worth the while. At least Im not the kind of guy who measures my relation in "Romantic sundowns by the beach per month" or "Romantic dinners per month"

Love is meaningless if it's only one-way, a human being cannot possibly be complete if he/she only gives and not receive. If you keep on loving another who doesn't even feel for you, then you're just making a fool out of yourself. The same principle applies to unconditional love, it's just keeping the possibility open, if the other ever wants to share his/her life with someone who would definitely love him/her, he/she will know whom to go to.

About the misapprehension, it's just make-believe. If you love the ideas you have about the other, then you're just loving your ideas.

And knowing is always better, love is built on trust.

6 Stringed Fingers said:
Love is meaningless if it's only one-way, a human being cannot possibly be complete if he/she only gives and not receive. If you keep on loving another who doesn't even feel for you, then you're just making a fool out of yourself. The same principle applies to unconditional love, it's just keeping the possibility open, if the other ever wants to share his/her life with someone who would definitely love him/her, he/she will know whom to go to.

About the misapprehension, it's just make-believe. If you love the ideas you have about the other, then you're just loving your ideas.

And knowing is always better, love is built on trust.

But its not something you can control. If you fall in love with someone who doesnt give a shit about you, all that's left for you to do is suffer until that damn chemical in your brain fades away or something :puke:

The.Jester.Race said:
But its not something you can control. If you fall in love with someone who doesnt give a shit about you, all that's left for you to do is suffer until that damn chemical in your brain fades away or something :puke:

Exactly, without the mutural feeling you'd just be torturing yourself, wether you have control over it or not. It's you who'll suffer, no matter how you put it.

Well, people are wonderful and especially really strange animals, so maybe A could do something about it. I agree, that knowing is essential, but that doesnt mean that its all over. B may not know anything about A, and his/her affection towards C may be based on thin air, same as As. So Id say A should remain close to B, and, in a normal way, find out why B doesnt feel the thing. You can always be friends with the person you love, and if the adding of trace amounts eventually turns lead to gold, there you go. I am the living example that it works, but you have to be patient and as open to self-denial and sincere as possible.

The meanwhile 3rd interview with OOMPH! I did at the end of May, has now been put online. It´s in German, but I will make an English translation soon, too.

:)

edit: I know that there need to be added a few more empty spaces in between for better readability, will be done asap...

I feel like the rest of the world needs to know:

I'm off to the shore once again, and my friends are waiting for me with open arms and mouths (for beer I buy, you pervs!), which I'm so happy about...

...and...

the only store in whole city I buy my cool shtuff from is having a 50% sale on everything, starting today, and I won't be in town. Since their prices are quite high, it's a blessing, two downsides: my sizes prolly will be out by Sunday, when I'll be rushing back in the morning, and the rest of cocksucking jerks dressing up alike in GAP will be wearing the same shirts I am. Grrrrrr.

I really need that insignifiCunt tee now :(

Consumism multiplied by metrosexuality is a terrible curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.