chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@plinny: :lol:... you implying Im just in it for the sex, or to get into her friends only profile? I have no labido whatsoever. Maybe it's just hormonal... but right now sex actually appauls me... in a way... Like sometimes you're just not in the mood for mayonaise.

@kov: :s ... I guess, in a way, I'm complimented :p

Kovenant84 said:
I would be afraid KC. Plintus is (as we speak) jerking off to thoughts of you and your female friend.

~kov.

I've been misread. All I meant was - I substitute any kind of relationship with fierce masturbation sessions happening subsequently and randomly.

Like now (you've got that right :Smug: )

1032464485_l.jpg

I think the worst part about reading that was the fact that I saw a pic of me, then scrolled past it to read what KC wrote first. So all the time, I'm thinking what perfectly reasonable reason you'd have my pic in your post for.

And pliny, you should know I'm only teasing. But not in that way. No. Stop.

~kov.

King Chaos said:
:lol:... you implying Im just in it for the sex, or to get into her friends only profile? I have no labido whatsoever. Maybe it's just hormonal... but right sex actually appauls me... in a way... Like sometimes you're just not in the mood for mayonaise.

Nah, I mean (again - how many times should I explain plain English?) - it's really cool while you are getting into some kind of relationship where boning isn't a priority. It's always better than finding out on the first date she had a penis... and friends called her Charlie *shrugs*

And if I'm not in a mood for sex and mayonaise - I go anal and splatter catsup around.

King Chaos said:
Feeling pretty good these days (as far as that anxiety thing goes). Been meeting with this girl over the past month, now we're sort of officially in a relationship... but it's weird. When I'm with her it feels good and right, and when I'm not, I don't feel attraction for her at all. I don't feel anything but friendship... Maybe that will change, I dunno. I mean, I wouldn't have asked her to be my GF for no reason. She's a tad younger than me though, and is already doing the whole "I love you" thing... and I'm just avoiding it like the plague, and not even trying to cover up my avoidance. I'm not in love with her, but sure I have "love" for her, like I do everyone I warm to... And to conclude this ramble, for some reason I don't think I'm wasting my time with her, she seems genuine and she appreciates me for all the reasons I can as modestly as possible say I should be appreciated for.
That sounds like a very good start to me actually :)
I think the happiness you feel in a relation or the chances of its success dont have much to do with this "OMG Im in love!!" feeling.
You're careful about this and you need your space and freedom, that's perfectly alright. I advise you to be open about it though, explain why you feel this way and see how she reacts. IMO her reaction will tell you a lot about whether the relation will work out or not

Kovenant84 said:
I think the worst part about reading that was the fact that I saw a pic of me, then scrolled past it to read what KC wrote first. So all the time, I'm thinking what perfectly reasonable reason you'd have my pic in your post for.

And pliny, you should know I'm only teasing. But not in that way. No. Stop.

~kov.

Too late (here's what called force-feeding - my humble invention).

jerkoff6ce.gif
jawdrop.gif

6 Stringed Fingers said:
"So our little boy went out, and got his heart broken."

Yep, that boy being me. It seems that I did not have the luck UC had with Rince. Starting from yesterday, I'm alone, again. Long-distance relationships require a certain amount of commitment, and I guess she was unwilling to wait. I was going to visit her next year, but, oh well, I guess that is no longer the plan. And I guess your opinions turned out to be true, foolish of me to hope for the contrary.

I'll be fine, though. There is no telling what might happen in the future, so I'll have to hope for the best, for me and for her. A lot good came from the past experience too, I definitely became more mature. I should thank her for that. Oh well, it's no use wandering in the past, no use being depressed and mourning over the wound. I have to step over it and move on, and that's all there is to it.

And I wish the best to all of you.

I'm sorry for your relationship not working out. :(
I know this sounds typical and shallow, but she really wasn't worth then.
Always hope and good luck in the future.
I'm sure you'll find the right one. :)

@kc: i have mixed feelings on what you wrote. when it comes to talking the talk, i'm all for this "try and see" kind of thing, especially when high considerations of interest, esteem, appreciation and mutual respect enter the mix. but i never walk the walk, since i will only walk if i feel totally involved from the get go. and i only feel totally involved with one man, who is involved with someone else (although flirting with me occasionally, resulting in some paradoxical little tableaux). i also have a weird kind of gut feeling telling me that yeah, he's the way to go. and note that i sort of have a relationship of the type you described with someone else, and i'm seeing him in two days, and i have all the right reasons to say that we're ok together... only i know it's not going to work down the line. and i would dare to say that the same applies to you. i know personal experience cannot be extrapolated like this, but this is one topic i feel strongly about. however, i don't advise you to quit - just to keep us posted. i'd love to know if something good can come out of this type of relationship.

hyena said:
but i never walk the walk, since i will only walk if i feel totally involved from the get go
Since KC feels everything is alright once he's with her, I took that as sufficient involvement :)
I mean, his last relation ended in a catastrophe, so it's ok to make slow progress now. But you're right that a relation needs genuine commitment. It shouldnt just be "an attempt" at a relation. If you go for it, be serious about it, you owe her that man

hyena said:
@kc: i have mixed feelings on what you wrote. when it comes to talking the talk, i'm all for this "try and see" kind of thing, especially when high considerations of interest, esteem, appreciation and mutual respect enter the mix. but i never walk the walk, since i will only walk if i feel totally involved from the get go. and i only feel totally involved with one man, who is involved with someone else (although flirting with me occasionally, resulting in some paradoxical little tableaux). i also have a weird kind of gut feeling telling me that yeah, he's the way to go. and note that i sort of have a relationship of the type you described with someone else, and i'm seeing him in two days, and i have all the right reasons to say that we're ok together... only i know it's not going to work down the line. and i would dare to say that the same applies to you. i know personal experience cannot be extrapolated like this, but this is one topic i feel strongly about. however, i don't advise you to quit - just to keep us posted. i'd love to know if something good can come out of this type of relationship.

I can be honest now and say I can't see much of a future, and once we're beyond this puppy loveish stage, it'll probably just turn to crap and we'll shrug and let what we have go, hopefully scar free... but right now I can also say she's the only woman I've actually felt anything for since my break up. And it's not like I've not had oppotunities with others. I've just not been interested at all. Not in a casual relationship thing or even a good friendship with these people... This started as a strong online friendship, and after a second meeting twisted unexpectedly into a cringe worthingly romantic scenario, involving midnight storms, snuggles, lakes and using an oak tree for shelter. The over-riding thing is, if it works out it's no tragedy, if it doesn't the same applies. So I'll just see where it goes... although maybe by saying that, and doing that I'm being complacent?

@Tal: Thanks man. I was thinking people would just see me as insensitive, or at least taking it all and myself too seriously... but you seem to understand :p ... this gladdens me.

@6sf: I'm gonna say some same old crap on this, but I might be able to offer something. Long distance relationships are always tough. Especially net bread ones. I think it's incredibly validating to bank on, and there was a time recently where I almost did just that, although I am almost ashamed to say so... However, if someone more tangible came into your life, you'd pretty much have to put the breaks on the long distance thing. It feels bastardly... But imagine telling some amazing local gal that's really into you that you're not interested because you're waiting for someone you speak to on the internet. I did that, and realised I'm living in a dream land.

Telling the internet girl, who just so happened to be really really amazing, that I just couldn't commit to someone on the other side of the world was hard to do, and I felt awful when she acted upset. She was sort of fucked up already, and she was really counting on me. But I didn't turn my back on love for convenience. I turned my back on my faith for my logic.

King Chaos said:
but right now I can also say she's the only woman I've actually felt anything for since my break up. And it's not like I've not had oppotunities with others. I've just not been interested at all.
After you had a breakup or was disappointed by someone, you always need time before feeling good for /or interested by a relationship. Its a good thing that you didnt go out with the first person asking you or showing interest in you if you werent interested by her, that wouldnt have helped you to feel better about relationships, i think. Maybe this present relationship will help you to get more confident with your feelings for the future?

I'm gonna say some same old crap on this, but I might be able to offer something. Long distance relationships are always tough. Especially net bread ones. I think it's incredibly validating to bank on, and there was a time recently where I almost did just that, although I am almost ashamed to say so... However, if someone more tangible came into your life, you'd pretty much have to put the breaks on the long distance thing. It feels bastardly... But imagine telling some amazing local gal that's really into you that you're not interested because you're waiting for someone you speak to on the internet. I did that, and realised I'm living in a dream land.

Telling the internet girl, who just so happened to be really really amazing, that I just couldn't commit to someone on the other side of the world was hard to do, and I felt awful when she acted upset. She was sort of fucked up already, and she was really counting on me. But I didn't turn my back on love for convenience. I turned my back on my faith for my logic.

Actually before I met Konrad, we were only friends. We haddnt spoken about love or having a relationship at all. We just wanted to met because we got along together. Then a little before we met, we realised that we started to feel quite attracted by the other, we felt that something could very well happen when we meet. Someone (a good friend, i like him) in Belgium asked me to go out with him a few week before me and Konrad met(the meeting was already planed) , but I told him that at the moment, I felt confused and that i hesitated between 2 people. And that was the good thing to do, look what happened after :) .
I would say that the way you react in those cases depends of some things. Like if you will meet soon or not, if it is really far away,...

King Chaos said:
@6sf: I'm gonna say some same old crap on this, but I might be able to offer something. Long distance relationships are always tough. Especially net bread ones. I think it's incredibly validating to bank on, and there was a time recently where I almost did just that, although I am almost ashamed to say so... However, if someone more tangible came into your life, you'd pretty much have to put the breaks on the long distance thing. It feels bastardly... But imagine telling some amazing local gal that's really into you that you're not interested because you're waiting for someone you speak to on the internet. I did that, and realised I'm living in a dream land.

I know, you're right. Even though she was the one to have left me, I wasn't perfectly sure myself that everything would go as planned in such a distant future. Anything can happen, and if you're not near physically and emotionally then things will go out of set track. Temporary long distance relationships might work, but not as well as I'd imagined. So, yeah I'll remind myself of this in order to avoid another painful mistake.

Dark_Silence said:
Actually before I met Konrad, we were only friends. We haddnt spoken about love or having a relationship at all. We just wanted to met because we got along together. Then a little before we met, we realised that we started to feel quite attracted by the other, we felt that something could very well happen when we meet. Someone (a good friend, i like him) in Belgium asked me to go out with him a few week before me and Konrad met(the meeting was already planed) , but I told him that at the moment, I felt confused and that i hesitated between 2 people. And that was the good thing to do, look what happened after :) .
I would say that the way you react in those cases depends of some things. Like if you will meet soon or not, if it is really far away,...

Yes, the waiting time is critical. If you don't have anything physical at all to base your relationship on, it'll surely fail. However, meetings like that are not yet in my control. Because first of all, I'm yet too young, there is no way for me to do thing without the support of my parents, and conservative as they are, they would never agree to such a demand. And secondly, I'm not yet independant, I have no job, no money, no place to stay but my parents'. So I can't really go anywhere outside the city.

Guess what just hapened to me!!
I went out my appartment to the first floor to open the door for the mailman. I let my door open while I ran downstairs,but I forgot to take my key with me. Then, the door closed itself because of the wind... and I got stuck outside. I didnt know Konrads cellphone number and didnt have my cellphone with me! So i had to go to the neighbor, and expalin what happened. We tried to phone the university to check if they could find Konrad in the library (he was studying with friends). They couldnt find him so I had to call my brother in Belgium, to ask him to look for the number in the telephone of the house(i had written the number in the memory of the phone).
:lol: :lol:
Now I am inside the appartment, no problem. But I had to bother 2 neighbors :lol:

6 Stringed Fingers said:
If you don't have anything physical at all to base your relationship on, it'll surely fail.

This is the bullshit of the day (get the bitch pregnant or sumting - no'n gets more "physical").

I have another exam on tuesday, I hope Im well prepared. I'll do some more reading today and some test exams tomorrow to see if I really got it.. but seriously, I dont care what grade I get. Ive been learning for about 5 weeks now and I just want it to be over. Thanks to the shitty August weather we had, I didnt even get a few warming sunrays in between sessions, so I kind of still wait for MY summer to arrive, when actually, fall is almost here now. It feels really weird.
Well, 2 more exams to go (plus the one on tuesday) and then uni starts again, yay!

I have to take an English class at university. I tried to get dispensed of it because of my exchange year, but it didnt work, i still have to do it. Its probabily going to be very boring. At least I hope they wont take attendance for that class...

Taliesin said:
I have another exam on tuesday, I hope Im well prepared. I'll do some more reading today and some test exams tomorrow to see if I really got it.. but seriously, I dont care what grade I get. Ive been learning for about 5 weeks now and I just want it to be over. Thanks to the shitty August weather we had, I didnt even get a few warming sunrays in between sessions, so I kind of still wait for MY summer to arrive, when actually, fall is almost here now. It feels really weird.
Well, 2 more exams to go (plus the one on tuesday) and then uni starts again, yay!

:( you will pass it, i am sure! :kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.