chat, feelings, and random discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rahv: i didn't think of mobsters, i was rather thinking of just-landed peasants trying to communicate the correct spelling of their name and surname to baffled immigration officials. of course you're probably right, but take pity on me: i tried to write something sensible at 9 in the morning and, predictably, did not succeed. :lol:

Heres another one wondering the same. Unfortunately though it seems that you gotta trade bootlegs for it, and I´ve got none :(.

Hell, I would trade my soul if I could but bootlegs....how could I ever have some. DT never came here, haha, a doomed cause. We we wait for the album....god knows how long.

'Capisce'/'capisci' thing: Thanks, i feel like i understand italian better now. ;)

InsArtTure+Makaan: No, i was among the first (ok, second) people to agree to free bootleg giving-away. I have the song, but several others do too. I might upload it tonight or tomorrow. By the way, are there any bootlegs from the Australia+Japan+Korea tour? No, i'm not asking for them in exchange for BAH, i'll upload that song even if nobody has any bootlegs.

InsArtTure: *deep evil voice* I want your soul! :devil:

Well, today I went to my optometrist and tried for the first time contact lenses. Fact is, I was born for contacts, not glasses. It took me like 3 times to be able to put them on perfectly (it usually takes a "newbie" like 25 tries...) and after four hours of wearing them I still have not a glimpse of irritation, headache or discomfort. I love it! Of course it's going to cost me more than my glasses (about 250$CAN a year for contacts) but it's worth it, just for the comfort I mean it's been 10 years since the last time I had 20/20 vision all around.

UndoControl said:
InsArtTure+Makaan: No, i was among the first (ok, second) people to agree to free bootleg giving-away. I have the song, but several others do too. I might upload it tonight or tomorrow. By the way, are there any bootlegs from the Australia+Japan+Korea tour? No, i'm not asking for them in exchange for BAH, i'll upload that song even if nobody has any bootlegs.

Hats of to you then! Im waiting eagerly! :headbang:

@eRraZib_ENo:
Going to pick up some new contact lenses to. I´ve tried daily lenses before when skiing nad to concerts, but now im going to have them every week, such a change to glasses, and definately worth the money.

Got my dreads about a week ago and i goddamn love it! Still haven´t washed them so they´ll tighten up nicely. Soon I´ll be headbanging like Henriksson himself :D.

eRraZib_ENo said:
Well, today I went to my optometrist and tried for the first time contact lenses. Fact is, I was born for contacts, not glasses. It took me like 3 times to be able to put them on perfectly (it usually takes a "newbie" like 25 tries...) .
same for me when I tried for the first time! But now after 5 hrs, the lenses get a bit dry and I have to use moisturising eyedrops..

Dark_Silence said:
same for me when I tried for the first time! But now after 5 hrs, the lenses get a bit dry and I have to use moisturising eyedrops..

I'm probably not going to have any problem about keeping my eyes moistured. My optometrist did a test to check how good is my layer of tears on my eyes. In short, you keep your eyes open as long as you can without blinking. So I did and after a while my opto looked at me and asked "Are you EVER going to blink?" He then added that my layer is way above average and that I shouldn't worry about my contacts making my eyes dry. I do have to remove them every night like everybody else, though.

^ Bragger :p .

Just kidding hehe. I don't know, I wouldn't like contact lenses, I think they'd irritate my eyes. I haven't tried them though hehe, maybe I will someday :) :p .

well i did a check test with the lenses on my eyes and it was perfect! but i didnt do the blinking test (i would probabily do bad there)

Though you should be careful about hygiene and put them out every night. A friend of mine fell asleep on the bus and didn't bother to put them out, she got an infection and was in the hospital for more then a month and later had to stay at home for quite some time too. I don't even remember exactly what they did, it's was some kind of operation where they had to cut some of the front eye off and then sew a transplant back. She got a few shots of medicine directly into her eye every day (with a needle). Half a year later the eee.. :erk: needed to be removed... arf my knowledge of English vocabulary is unsufficiant, how do you call the thread that holds a wound together? Checked in a dictionary and a thesaurus and I'm still not sure what word to use. :erk:

Lenses are great, luckily and a bit surprisingly I don't need them. :) My mom needed glasses for reading early, my grandma has the sight on one eye inverted (what is on the right is seen on the left and vice versa - I can't really imagine how you see in her case because one eye is normal and the other inverted, but she says she never noticed until one or two years ago when she was at a doctor) and my father was more or less blind when he was born, had some operation after that but still has more than 7 dioptres.. with the good eye, that is. I'm so happy I can see well. :cry:

eRraZib_ENo said:
I'm probably not going to have any problem about keeping my eyes moistured. My optometrist did a test to check how good is my layer of tears on my eyes. In short, you keep your eyes open as long as you can without blinking. So I did and after a while my opto looked at me and asked "Are you EVER going to blink?" He then added that my layer is way above average and that I shouldn't worry about my contacts making my eyes dry. I do have to remove them every night like everybody else, though.

I always win staring contests too.

Just got contacts (finally) this summer too. It's disorienting, because I found out I have a mild astigmatism (or however it's spelled). What's strange is that I always wear my glasses a little further out then I'm supposed to, so when I wear my contacts I feel like I have fish-eyed lenses on because I actually have peripheral vision. It's scary.

I just don't like them because my eyes get irritated very easily. Which I guess makes sense because I'm always touching them, but whatever. That goddamn string of goop has to go, and I don't care what anyone says or how gross it is.

~kov.

eRraZib_ENo said:
Well, today I went to my optometrist and tried for the first time contact lenses. Fact is, I was born for contacts, not glasses. It took me like 3 times to be able to put them on perfectly (it usually takes a "newbie" like 25 tries...) and after four hours of wearing them I still have not a glimpse of irritation, headache or discomfort. I love it! Of course it's going to cost me more than my glasses (about 250$CAN a year for contacts) but it's worth it, just for the comfort I mean it's been 10 years since the last time I had 20/20 vision all around.

250$ A YEAR ??????????????????????
It cost me not even 160$....
Tu t'fais fourrer! hehe :p

Makaan said:
@eRraZib_ENo:
Going to pick up some new contact lenses to. I´ve tried daily lenses before when skiing nad to concerts, but now im going to have them every week, such a change to glasses, and definately worth the money.

Yeah, I made that change to (to contacts), but I wear glasses anyway, cuz I'm on computer 14/27 (took me like 7 times to insert first time - my hands were wet and shaky :heh:).

And the contacts cost like 160USD (for colored; 120USD for plain) for 6 pairs, which is like a year (change every 2 months).

Ubberly cool! Trying them first time in concert next Sunday :Smokin:

Vizjaqtaar said:
Though you should be careful about hygiene and put them out every night. A friend of mine fell asleep on the bus and didn't bother to put them out, she got an infection and was in the hospital for more then a month and later had to stay at home for quite some time too. I don't even remember exactly what they did, it's was some kind of operation where they had to cut some of the front eye off and then sew a transplant back. She got a few shots of medicine directly into her eye every day (with a needle). Half a year later the eee.. :erk: needed to be removed... arf my knowledge of English vocabulary is unsufficiant, how do you call the thread that holds a wound together? Checked in a dictionary and a thesaurus and I'm still not sure what word to use. :erk:

Lenses are great, luckily and a bit surprisingly I don't need them. :) My mom needed glasses for reading early, my grandma has the sight on one eye inverted (what is on the right is seen on the left and vice versa - I can't really imagine how you see in her case because one eye is normal and the other inverted, but she says she never noticed until one or two years ago when she was at a doctor) and my father was more or less blind when he was born, had some operation after that but still has more than 7 dioptres.. with the good eye, that is. I'm so happy I can see well. :cry:

o_O :zombie: (literally hehe) o_O :ill: o_O

WOW, I didn't even know you could have inverted eyesight!!!!

Man, seeing your family record makes me say that you're pretty lucky that you don't have anything, lucky and good for you. :cry: :headbang: :kickass: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.