COBOT: the Album

NO ITS A SECRETT DONT TELL HIM WHERE IT IS

lol check the guitar player's thread for a 30 sec instrumental test, just checking my overall mix of it. The recording itself is only about 40% done

Edit: make my name yellow biiaatchh

Yeah i saw it in there that's why i deleted my comment, pretty cool but the teaser was too short :lol:

Yes!! Make a warmen-like song! that would be fuckin awesome :D

I listened to your wise words and did a Warmen-like song. This isn't a revolution in the history of music, but I think the song is kinda cool. I also inserted a little bit of fantasy from myself
mdr2.gif

DAVE! PUT ME YELLOW BIATCH!

Jose, I'll need you! MSN!!!!

I can post a GP arrangement of what I have so far, if anyone's interested...

I listened to your wise words and did a Warmen-like song. This isn't a revolution in the history of music, but I think the song is kinda cool. I also inserted a little bit of fantasy from myself
mdr2.gif

DAVE! PUT ME YELLOW BIATCH!

Jose, I'll need you! MSN!!!!

how hard are the geetar parts in your warmen song? If Jose is helping with another song of yours, maybe I can help with this one? yes?

how hard are the geetar parts in your warmen song? If Jose is helping with another song of yours, maybe I can help with this one? yes?

Another song? No no I'm only doing this one. Tho I don't think I'll catch up Jose online...

What I have is two guitar playing exactly the same thing 95% of the time, one dist and one overdrive, pan left and right obviously.

I need either one .wav guitar track that I'd pan and change the sound a bit, or could take two different .wav guitar track if the guitarist wants to make his guitar works sounds better. I'd provide you the .midi file, you can reccord over whatever you want on it, using all the song or just the drum whatever but all I want is the .wav of the guitar(s).

There's a free spot (16 bar) about 40-50 sec for a guitar solo, I can also fastly record an impro of my solos to the guitarist if the person want to "fit", or not, I don't care. You can do leads over the song too, following the keyboards lead if you want.

At the end, there's a 16 bar spot on which I'd like the guitarist to do another solo that I would follow, doing a duet. If the person want, I can do one half, him/her recording over it, than making the second half and I'll record over it.

I'd also like to have a bassist to work on it, I don't know if there's only CliffBurton playing the bass but if someone is interested, I'm open to any fantasy over it and there's also a 16 bar spot that would fit good for a nice and sweet bass solo.

If someone wants to do the rhythm, than someone else a solo and someone else the duet I don't care either, if someone doesn't think that could do a full song, but wants to fully take place in this one instead of doing another song it's ok with me too.

So what I need:

Two rhythm tracks
One guitar solo
One Keyboard/Guitar duet
Guitar lead with keyboards
Bass over the song, with one solo.

OH LOL AND A DRUMMER AND A SINGER AND A MANAGER AND SOMEONE TO PLAY THE KEYBOARDS TOO, OH AND IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED IN COMPOSING IT, CONTACT ME.

damn, that was a lot of information/options :lol: But I think I'll definitely help you out-- I can play both guitar and bass, so if you want bass let me know. However, I would really like to hear the composition first. I'll come onto msn in like 45 min. I gotta finish writing my resume first :/ Will you be online then?

btw, I could help with the album art...give me a concept and I'll try to come up with something cool :)

Guys I NEED YOU.

I'm really, reeeeaaalllyyyyy not sure about my keyboard lead sound, I've been experimenting with it in the last weeks but as I said after a time you can't hear shit in your stuff so here's 7 different sound and I'd like you to help me picking the good one. Tell me too if you find that all of them suck :lol:

http://rapidshare.com/files/155014927/Fetzer_-_Keyboard_leads.mp3.html

The five first one are the same Lead I created a while back (the first one is the lead without any effect) and the 4 following are the same with different effect/dist.

Two last one are two others sounds from my keyboard that could sound ok.

The thing is that everything that sounds "Keyboard" sounds too much 8-bit games-like, and if I put dist and everything I find its like "Hey look at me, I'll try to emulate a guitar sound..."

Anyway, the last is my favorite.

Edit: Ah and I'm playing random stupid stuff, don't search, don't ask.

Edit 2: I'm listening to it right now and there's some sound bug at some place with some tone because of my soundcard, don't mind that while recording seriously I'll fix that :p

Edit 3:
I'm bored. I'll keep the score here...

First ----- 00:00 - 00:13 - (Lead Craze w/ Phaser) -----------------------|
Second -- 00:13 - 00:32 - (Lead Craze w/ Phaser & Boss MT2) -----------| 1
Third ---- 00:32 - 00:48 - (Lead Craze w/ Phaser & ZOOM 505) ----------| 4
Fourth --- 00:48 - 01:09 - (Lead Craze w/ Phaser & ZOOM Phaser)--------|
Fifth ----- 01:09 - 01:36 - (Lead Craze w/ Phaser & ZOOM Fuzz/Phaser)---|2
Sixth ---- 01:36 - 01:54 - (Juno-D Power)--------------------------------|
Seventh - 01:55 - 02:30 - (OB2 Saw w/ ZOOM Flanger)-------------------|2

^ Depending on what type of song you're composing/playing, I like the second and third ones best. The second kind of reminded me of Janne's sound and the third seems like a good electronic sound. The last one could work but it wasn't my favorite personally. The second to last seemed like more of an ambience than a lead. The fourth one made me lol (I don't mean that disrespectfully - it just sounded funny). And don't worry about "emulating a guitar sound" as guitars have a pretty distinct sound compared to keyboards with the way the plectrum strikes the strings and the way the strings resonate.

What I meant by "emulating a guitar sound" its more like "lol, listen to that, this guy is trying WAY too much to make is solo sounds like if its been played by a guitar".

The sound that you find funny, I called it "Blôp" on my keyboard, it's indeed a sound made to be funny, but I thought that maybe they were people to find it cool. Anyway :lol:

The third one sounds the best to me, but then Warmen is one of my favorite bands! :D

What I meant by "emulating a guitar sound" its more like "lol, listen to that, this guy is trying WAY too much to make is solo sounds like if its been played by a guitar".

I know that's what you meant. And what I meant is to go ahead and add distortion to your leads because I don't think anyone will think you are deliberately trying to make your keys sound like a guitar :)

I know that's what you meant. And what I meant is to go ahead and add distortion to your leads because I don't think anyone will think you are deliberately trying to make your keys sound like a guitar :)

Allright thanks! I edited my post, I'll cumulate the points given to the sound, to see which one is more popular. If I reach a total of 5 vote between now and the next year I promise I'll shit myself. Oh, and sig.