COBOT: the Album

No you see
I literally can't use it at all

I was torrenting mixing/recording software on to it, several GBs worth and I need to record my stuff

I can't do it.

No you see
I literally can't use it at all

I was torrenting mixing/recording software on to it, several GBs worth and I need to record my stuff

I can't do it.

okay. Let's do it :

1. download audacity, the most simple and basic recording program ever, it's free and it works.
2. Record everything
3. save each track separately as an mp3 file or wav file
4. send it to somebody who can mix and master it

okay. Let's do it :

1. download audacity, the most simple and basic recording program ever, it's free and it works.
2. Record everything

i have audacity, don't know how to toneport into it though.
and i won't be doing anything till the 24th at least.

@ thekid : I use my toneport with Audacity, it's easy. You gotta have gearbox open while you record, and in audacity, go to edit > preferences > Audio I/O tab

set playback and recording device to toneport

Yeah, Reaper is awesome both for recording and mixing, it even comes with some basic effects like EQ or reverb, etc, that you can add to the audio stream AFTER recording.

Sounds awesome, thanks guys. I wonder how it'll compare to Garageband (which I don't really like at all)...

I've got my song done. Probably going to sort keys tomorrow, drums, bass, and then get on with the recording on Thursday-Saturday.

Fuck me, this is some serious shit. Ensi's riff at 00:12 is fucking awesome, great tone!!

Jose's soloing at 00:38 is damn clean, you've been practising alot huh??? :lol:

The artwork rocks too, that's a nice effect!!

Who did the drums for you guys?

Thanks! Well, the usual, although e.g. I did struggle after last album for a month to try and get the first bit of your song down (till the solos come in, when I just stop playing and listen :lol:). I also played a lot of soloing and Bodom/PG when I got the ADA, that may have helped too :D

Seemed like you guys had a lot of fun with Black Widow just by listening to it:cool: Sounded quite good as well. Lowberg those vocals were really great.

Indeed! It was a bit nerve wrecking at some points (I got really really really pissed off trying to get the intro riff on time, took me a lot), but sure was a lot of fun. And a lot of mail madness through Facebook as Lowberg can confimr :lol:

Ensi - Wow the track is a lot different than I expected... Still awesome though. Should include the lyrics on the actual album... LOL at the weird screams in the middle, and at the ending of the song :lol: You're right, the violin did die in those last few measures, maybe (if possible) reduce the volume a bit for the beginning, and then add some juice as the drums come in? Also, I thought too much reverb, did you guys add extra? If not, I might have to re-record it before album release...

Jose - cool instrumental strike!

Bonus - wouldn't be a COBOT EP w/o a COB cover, would it? Not a big fan of the song, but you guys did a helluva job on it! I should join in next time you do stuff like that!

Now onto the album - I'll do the rest of recording Friday-Saturday, since I have a scourge of exams coming up before that... I'll do a last test record and let you guys pick the one that sounds best, and that'll have to do for the final version (unfortunately), unless someone is willing to record the whole rhythm guitar track for me...

Thanks man!

Don.t like the mastering...

Each song has been recorded differently and has completely different sounds, so considering that I think Lowberg made a pretty decent job.

Haha awesome guys, really looking forward to the full album now.
So how many songs are there finally going to be on there?

Dunno, so far IIRC:

-Ensi
-COCOB
-Lowberg
-Mitch
-Crzy_Aus
-Mystique
-jmbullet
-enmity
-Eddy
-Shadowsouls
-¿yourself?

And I may have left someone out.

BTW, we should settle this already. Does someone want to put the album together or are you ok if I do it or what? DON'T SKIP! :mad:

:lol: Wtf are you guys doing on the forum... go out, start a band, put out a cd, tour a bit, get some pussy, have fun... this is too high calibre for a fucking online cd :lol: There's cunts around here that are really successful locally and can't even fucking pull off anything this well done :lol: Take these songs put it in a portfolio and apply to music college or something, DO FUCKING SOMETHING JESUS.

:lol: Thanks Joe.

okay. Let's do it :

2. Record everything

You've learnt the way hehe :)

Guys, I just had a very last minute idea... Ensi already agreed to participate. I'm doing a metal cover of Poker Face, we will use the verse sections for the solos and maybe even some of the choruses... anyway, if anybody wants to join and record a solo, just tell me. I'm almost done with the tab. It's a very easy song so it wouldn't take a lot of time and it will really sound good once it's recorded.