COBOT: the Album

poker face

...like 200 kb?:loco:

can I record the guitars for the BT though?? it'd be nice if you could do the drums and bass, and shadowsoul said he'd do the keys... if you really wanna record guitar for the BT we can split maybe

Oh and also... I figured it's gonna be a pain in the ass if I wait for everyone to send me a tab, it's gonna take too much time. So if you want to solo, just write here the bars that you're gonna solo over. This way we can make sure nobody writes a solo for a section that's already taken.

Here is the tab everyone :

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0txjhn

Feel free to solo over any part you like, just add a track with your name and pm me your tab in gp4 or gp5 format. If anyone also wants to participate in making the backing track it would be cool too.

There is also a part called ''insane solo'', if anyone feels like it... you could do some sweep picking or something, just so it sounds real insane.

Is there anyone playing bass? If not I could just as well use a synth bass like in the original or do you guys prefer a bass guitar? Also I'm using a midi file I downloaded somewhere ages ago, but I'll take your tab into account.

^Well, if you can record bass it'd be cool but if you have no bass I could steal my brother's one and record it.

And I just wanted to get the tab done quickly because we don't have much time... you can change stuff in it to make it more metal, especially the drums I guess...

can I record the guitars for the BT though?? it'd be nice if you could do the drums and bass, and shadowsoul said he'd do the keys... if you really wanna record guitar for the BT we can split maybe

Oh and also... I figured it's gonna be a pain in the ass if I wait for everyone to send me a tab, it's gonna take too much time. So if you want to solo, just write here the bars that you're gonna solo over. This way we can make sure nobody writes a solo for a section that's already taken.

I'm okay with you doing guitars, nevermind about using midi, I'll use the midi of your tab, using electric bass and accoustic drums.

About the keys; it's a bit pointless to record keyboard as it's just midi with a vsti on, making them just a part of the backing track...

Is there anyone playing bass? If not I could just as well use a synth bass like in the original or do you guys prefer a bass guitar? Also I'm using a midi file I downloaded somewhere ages ago, but I'll take your tab into account.

I'm recording bass for my song with a violin+whammy octave down effect. Go figure :lol: Couldn't you do the same on guitar BTW?

I have been working my nipples off.

Somehow this sounds very very wrong :lol:

^We tried that for my band's demo back when we didn't have a bassist, but it really failed. We tried with both passive and active pickups, nothing to do.

Edit : Maybe a transpose function from the recording program would work though. But then again, if nobody has a bass, I can steal my brother's bass.

^We tried that for my band's demo back when we didn't have a bassist, but it really failed. We tried with both passive and active pickups, nothing to do.

Edit : Maybe a transpose function from the recording program would work though. But then again, if nobody has a bass, I can steal my brother's bass.

I lent my bass..
So what do you want me to do, only drums then?

^nah you can do drums and keys... and if you feel like it you could also do the bass on a guitar and transpose it, that would probably work. I don't mind not doing the bass, it's just if we really need a genuine bass sound I can provide it. Unless my bro doesn't bring his bass back from school, that's another issue... he's 12, he's tiny and he hates carrying it because with the hard case it's heavy.

^nah you can do drums and keys... and if you feel like it you could also do the bass on a guitar and transpose it, that would probably work. I don't mind not doing the bass, it's just if we really need a genuine bass sound I can provide it. Unless my bro doesn't bring his bass back from school, that's another issue... he's 12, he's tiny and he hates carrying it because with the hard case it's heavy.

I can always make the bass a synth bass like in the original song.

Yeah who cares about the bass anyway :lol:

BTW, I suggest that the P.F. cover gets sped up a bit so that it sounds a bit less pop-songish. It's not like it has to be as slow as original. Also will it feature screaming vocals?

That would be Ensi and Mr Burg I believe

EDIT: Just bumping my post incase people miss it

Also I know I'm for a world of rage but I have a throat infection atm and I still need to record my vocals. I swear to Allah if you give me until next Friday (30th) I will have song finished

I allready have the instruments recorded and mixed plus my rents are away for the whole of next week so it is literally IDEAL for me to record next week.

Plus it will give us some time to record this Poker Face as a bonus track on the album

Please don't rage I have been working my nipples off. Also I love you all <3

I second this, I can't do anything until the 24th at least.

Hopefully, would be nice to hear something from you :) About Toneport, although some people here hate it, I'd say get it. It's cheap and pretty decent for it's price. Ofc it's not the same as a good miced cab, but it works smooth and tweaking it correctly and adding a bit of comp/eq when recorded you can get nice tones.

BTW, how's the RL? Any tests/vids?

Yeah, I've looked up some vids where people were using Toneport and some of the clips sounded actually very good imo. :)

RL is good. I fixed the neck diving problem and the balance is now pretty much perfect when playing standing up. I have two clips of me playing it on facebook. Nothing special, No More Tears solo by Ozzy and some doodling around clip I did when I got the guitar. (webcam quality both though. :erk:)