COBOT: the Album

So far I have only 13 tracks and I feel like I'm going crazy. How do you guys keep up with 45 tracks for one song?! And 350 just seems ridiculous.

You bitches mean like including all the drum tracks and shit?

I've got maybe 6 gits, 2-3 vox, 2 bass, 2-3 keys, 12 drums, then like 6 fx sends, and a shit load of group channel tracks.

Then some of it will be parallel comp'd before final mix downs/mastering/ie limited to fuck and back

That's without the drum etc. I just got that shit in one backing track :p

Didn't Bodom do it with Banned from Heaven?
That Janne eventually had to play some guitar parts on his keyboard or something?

They did have a problem with the first riff, which has the opening chord and the twin melody, but they made it up by having one guitar supressing the first note of the melody to play the chord and let it ringing while it kept playing the melody on the upper strings.

Is it normal that I have about 20 tracks in my project?..:zombie:

Not that big deal IMO.

I have 47.
I usually have around 30-45!

Do you guys have an orchestra playing or something? :lol:

I worked once on a 54mn one-song album with 350 tracks. Never again.

Holy shit! I would freak out with so many tracks :ill:

I think I never use more than 20 tracks including bass and drums and everything. But then also I always try to record the rythm tracks in one single block and non in separated bits.

^What's a DAW?

^^Keep it simple :kickass:

BTW, I've been quite ill since a couple of days before new year's eve, so I haven't been able to record anything in that time. I think (and hope or I'll go nuts) I'll be ok tomorrow or at least on Sunday, so I supose I'll be able to lay down some rythm tracks. I already did the main lead a week ago (only cos it has the easiest rythm guitars underneath :lol:), and while it's not 100% the best I could do I do think it's somewhere around 90-95% the best I can do and feeling weak as I'm feeling these days I don't think I'd make it betterm so in order to meet the deadline I think I'll just record the rythm tracks that are missing and see if you guys like my death-thrasy thing :)

I hope this post is not too much of a mess :D

Are those recording programs? If so, are they that kind of programs you either buy or spend 3487583745'37'9345973598 ages downloading or are they easy to download (not 94872847598 GB big)?

video edition programs from Adobe, quite professionals, indeed they suck up ram :(

edit@ you can download directly from adobe, and just crack it