COBOT: the Album

Tussen takk to everyone for their thoughts :) And Eli, I love that you came back to check out the album.
Nerve, I completely agree with you about track #6. I do plan on re-recording it tho, as soon as i have more time to focus. it was a hasty recording. there was no mixing or anything or like that.

Downloading now, will listen to it when I get back from my graduation dinner tonight.

The reviews on my vocals seem to be mixed, so I'll just clarify for people now: I actually recorded my vocals in the studio at the radio station (NOT on my cellphone, thanks Nerve), but I was also really really sick and fucked up from allergies when I recorded them, which is why they might sound odd. COCOB, I agree they could have been stronger. I'm gonna work on that for album 3. So yeah, just wanted to clear that up.

Tussen takk to everyone for their thoughts :) And Eli, I love that you came back to check out the album.
Hey Twisha, thank you! And somehow I feel it was a duty and a pleasure to come back and check it out, also because this thread's always been one of my favourite.
I just love when you guys and gal make an album or a forum jam too, I think it allows you all to get along well and grow up under some aspects related to music, and since I do believe you're all talented, I think it's a great help.
Oh by the way, I didn't check the guitarplayer's thread in a long time, do you plan on making another forum jam? It'd be nice to have another, it was a long time since the last one, and hearing all of you together soloing over one backing track is awesome too. :)

The reviews on my vocals seem to be mixed, so I'll just clarify for people now: I actually recorded my vocals in the studio at the radio station (NOT on my cellphone, thanks Nerve), but I was also really really sick and fucked up from allergies when I recorded them, which is why they might sound odd.
Hehe, maybe Nerve didn't mean at all that you recorded your vocals on your cellphone, maybe he said that as some kind of a "joke".
Sorry to know you didn't feel good then when you recorded though, hope you can feel better now. :)

┼Victim of the Night┼;8263009 said:
Oh by the way, I didn't check the guitarplayer's thread in a long time, do you plan on making another forum jam? It'd be nice to have another, it was a long time since the last one, and hearing all of you together soloing over one backing track is awesome too. :)

First thing, Hi Eli! Long time no see, how are you doing? :)

Second thing, great idea. I think that before we launch onto another COBOT album it'd be better to do a forum jam and just solo a bit and not focus again on writing and recording last minute, I'd leave that for the summer, also because some of us are soon going to start having finals and shit and it's going to be difficult for us to write or record anything :(

A new forum jam would be really cool indeed. Maybe we could make a new thread for forum jams though or use this one because it was harder to keep track of the jam progress when it was only in the guitar player's thread. I don't work or go to school so I could take care of the jam if everyone else is too busy.

Well, we're not ranked as superstars by some internet dude sponsored by a shitload of brands like you, give us a break :lol: I just never like the takes, I have to do a lot of them till I'm happy with it. And then, as I can't cos I have no theoretical knowledge whatsoever to write them, I improvise all the solos, so once again it takes A LOT of takes until I find ideas I like and then nail them to sound like I want.

About Forum Jams, I think they're good on the GP Thread, plus it'd give it some life, as lately is pretty dead.

OK DIS IS FOR TEH NOOBZ WHO DUN NO HOW TO RECARD FAEST

ENSI'S GUIED TO RECARD FAST

THINGS UL NED:

-GUTAR
-SOME SHIT TO RECORD WIFF
-SOME SOFTWAER THING
-SOME COLA
-AND A TOASTER

STEPS:

1. GE UR GUITAR
2. TUNE TO DROP X
3. IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO TUNE TO DROP X YOU SUCK AND SHOULD KILL YOURSELF
4. MAKE SOME TOAST IN MENTIONED TOASTER
5. EAT SAID TOAST
6. TAKE A BREAK
7. RECORD TRAKS, AND DONT DO 9001 TAEKS BECAUSE NO ONE WILL HEAR YOUR SUCKY PLAYING! IT'S ON A SHITTY FORUM ALBUM ANYWAYS.
12. DONT RECORD SOLOS. THIS ISN'T FUCKING RISING FORCE YOU FAGGOTS.
8. TAKE ANOTHER BREAK
9. MAEK SOM MORE TAOST AND DRINK SOME COLA
10. YOU SHOULD BE DONE BY NOW.​

tomorrow i'll go to the geetar shop, to buy a decent monitor phones and check out some interfaces/effects stufff, if i find one with a good price, i'll be in the Vol III

and toasts of course

Browsing through the songs now... much better than I anticipated. Whenever I'm in a position to record, I can try to contribute to the next one, I could probably do vocals on a few tunes (ignore the vocals on the Athropos tracks, bad conditions, inexperience, and a bad mixing guy combined to make that) Also, I can hold my own on bass so I could probably throw in some slapping, bass harmonies, and all that fun stuff. I doubt you guys will need another contributing guitarist though considering how many you already have on here :lol: