COBOT: the Album

I actually got that Shure :D

Anyways, thanks for all the stuff.
I will see if get any drums composed till ... whatever :D

Guitars are done like ... 20% and Orchestration is at .. lets say 5%.
Not a single drum bar yet.
Good I still got some time.
I will continue working now and see if I can get the guitars written today.

Oh Ensi, I use a MIDI Keyboard and the DSK VST Plugins (Mostly Brass and Virtouso, they kick some serious ass), but thats supposd to be a secret :D

I had several crashes in REAPER yesterday when I tried to compose the Keys, I hope I can get rid of that soon, or i will have to use Cubase.

I will try to keep you posted.

Dont be such a pansyman!, send me the GP midi file and I'll convert it for you!
I'll send you some of my AD presets too!

<3 TehEnsinator

I deleted AD I think :lol: HDD space!

Hmm .. I could send you the MIDI file of the drums.. so you could make a track. Then when i'm done recording I could compare my DKFH and your AD track, so see which fits my song better! :)

@zirkon: Nice!

Oh and question .... CAN ANYONE MAKE ME SOME GR1M GOOD QUALITY LIFELIKE CHOIR AAHS OUT OF A MIDI FILE FOR ME?

I guess i could be added...I'm recording my song currently. It's almost done I'd say...still got like a bridge,chorus another verse and somekinda interlude and outro to record.

Oh and i might want to do some vocals for it before it's done too...but otherwise im pretty soon(hopefully already today) in post-production phase and can start mixing and recording vocals

I'm going to have to wait until next month before I can start recording. New some equipment and I'm skint atm.
I have someone who can do the majority of the drums for me on DKFH but I might still ask for some advice from you gaiz.

Derp

I deleted AD I think :lol: HDD space!

Hmm .. I could send you the MIDI file of the drums.. so you could make a track. Then when i'm done recording I could compare my DKFH and your AD track, so see which fits my song better! :)

@zirkon: Nice!

Oh and question .... CAN ANYONE MAKE ME SOME GR1M GOOD QUALITY LIFELIKE CHOIR AAHS OUT OF A MIDI FILE FOR ME?

I have a friend who sings in a choir, he can do all sorts of registers and shit

Yeah but you can't expect much more from a MIDI file can you?

Do you have it? I hate adapting to new programs:lol:

Giev MIDI, I will show you what it sounds like.
You can tell me what you want your sound to be like then and I will make it suit your likings.

You can expect something like this ...
As i said, its not meant to be a realistic Choir, more like an ambient pad or something.

I guess i could be added...I'm recording my song currently. It's almost done I'd say...still got like a bridge,chorus another verse and somekinda interlude and outro to record.

Oh and i might want to do some vocals for it before it's done too...but otherwise im pretty soon(hopefully already today) in post-production phase and can start mixing and recording vocals

Song is 100% composed, 100% guitar parts recorded, 100% drums made...no bass or lyrics/vocals yet though.

The song itself is pretty okay.

Giev MIDI, I will show you what it sounds like.
You can tell me what you want your sound to be like then and I will make it suit your likings.

You can expect something like this ...
As i said, its not meant to be a realistic Choir, more like an ambient pad or something.

Awesome!

Try taking this MIDI..

Click me! (yes if you want to hear a small piece of my song go ahead)

And make a sample of that. I don't know how much freedom you have in that program to manipulate the sound... But it's supposed to be gr1m, atmospheric type kinda:)

who can do the majority of the drums for me on DKFH but I might still ask for some advice from you gaiz.

wat

I'm going to have to wait until next month before I can start recording. New some equipment and I'm skint atm.
I have someone who can do the majority of the drums for me on DKFH but I might still ask for some advice from you gaiz.

Derp

wat u mean majority? If you got it down on GP tab(drums) then it will take like 2 clicks and 2 seconds to get it to use DKFH samples :err:

Awesome!

Try taking this MIDI..

Click me! (yes if you want to hear a small piece of my song go ahead)

And make a sample of that. I don't know how much freedom you have in that program to manipulate the sound... But it's supposed to be gr1m, atmospheric type kinda:)

wat

Ok, cheack this out.
It may be shitty, but we will see.
I can certainly redo it if theres something wrong, i dont think the speed is perfect, just name me the bpm of that part.

Choirsample

I tried to do more of an "real" Choir approach this time, I think it suits better.

Ok, cheack this out.
It may be shitty, but we will see.
I can certainly redo it if theres something wrong, i dont think the speed is perfect, just name me the bpm of that part.

Choirsample

I tried to do more of an "real" Choir approach this time, I think it suits better.

Sounds great!

But did you change any notes or did you just leave the MIDI as it was? The BPM is 185. I sounded like you added more notes.. and I think it will come out messy as I will have drums, bass and 2/3 guitars playing at once with some samples above it. If you could leave it as it is, and send me a sample again, it would be awesome!

The sound is great, don't get me wrong, I think this "real choir" will be moar gr1m:D

EDIT: I don't know how much freedom you have with this program/plugin, but can you try to make it more distinct? This may be the effect of the "real choir", so maybe i'll have to go with dimmu aahs haha. Well... I'm making a huge deal about this, sorry. I won't know for sure what I want untill I get all the drumtracks/guitars/bass recorded.

you see I wouldn't have known to do that.
Hence why I said "I might still ask for some advice from you gaiz."
:rolleyes:

DERPZILLA

DKFH sounds a bit thin and unbalanced. So you have to mess around in the mixer in DKFH untill you can hear each drum well.

MOAR BASSDRUM

Then add EQ (ie.. moar bass) and some reverb so it sounds grate.

No problem, really.
I will see what I can do, theres a lot of reverb on it at default, i will take it down a bit, you can always add reverb yourself.
I think I can get the notes more distinct.
And yes, I changed the playing, I played it thru my Keyboard on my own :D ... if you want it exact just put up an actuall MIDI file, you gave me a Soundsignal :D
(Should be done by pressing "Export -> MIDI" in Guitar Pro).
Anyways, im glad to help.

It could take a few hours or even until tomorrow, ill have a barbecue party right now :D

OK sooooo, I'm back home, got my geetar with me and my laptop, so writing begins tomorrow after I've got a bit of feeling in my fingers back :) Ok not gonna lie, I want to crank the ADA and go crazy first because I didn't have much time to do that before I went to Ireland. But anyway, I should have something soon :kickass:

Dont be such a pansyman!, send me the GP midi file and I'll convert it for you!
I'll send you some of my AD presets too!

<3 TehEnsinator

Could I get that too kind sir? First I have to figure out how to get damn AA because the one I tried was fucked up and it's such a huge thing that I don't want to start downloading 20 Megaupload links just to get to the 19th and find it has expired :lol:

No problem, really.
I will see what I can do, theres a lot of reverb on it at default, i will take it down a bit, you can always add reverb yourself.
I think I can get the notes more distinct.
And yes, I changed the playing, I played it thru my Keyboard on my own :D ... if you want it exact just put up an actuall MIDI file, you gave me a Soundsignal :D
(Should be done by pressing "Export -> MIDI" in Guitar Pro).
Anyways, im glad to help.

It could take a few hours or even until tomorrow, ill have a barbecue party right now :D

I gave you a MIDI file;) Right-click and Save target as :D

Awesome, thanks! Yeah do that:)