Concept Albums

I remember you saying the exact same thing a couple of years earlier when I mentioned Disillusion somewhere... Must have been a bitter disappointment...

The thing with Gloria is that half the fans of the debut seem to hate it. And I personally... Kinda like it... Obviously it's not quite as good as the masterful Back to Times of Splendor but I think it's a good album, just COMPLETELY different from the first one and definitely took some time for me to get into.

I see why they did it though. Although they only released one studio album in the style of Splendor, they had actually done that sort of music for 10 years and I heard somewhere that they simply thought that they couldn't take it any further than they did on Splendor. Hence a complete change of style.

And as I now put Gloria playing, yeah, I am enjoying it. Good stuff.

Anasazi- At the End of My New World is pretty good, you can get it free off their website, it also has a sequel, The Principles of [Hate] if you liked the first one (also free)

Magenta - Seven(how no one mentioned this album is an atrocity[what the fuck is wrong with you people?])
Labyrinth - Return To Heaven Denied Pts. I & II
Moon Of Steel - Insignificant Details
The Syn - Syndestructible(most timeless and quality prog rock album of the 2000's)
Rush - Hemispheres

I love threads like these because it introduces me to a lot of bands I have never heard of. I downloaded "At the End of My New World" by anasazi and I thought it was pretty good. It is very obviously influenced by Metropolis Part 2 but it was the best album I've heard in a while.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I love the concept album "Genius: A Rock Opera". Has anyone else heard it?

I heard it, very good album! It has some awesome singers!
I'd also recommend:

Magma - Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh
Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR
Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet
Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Darwin!
Camel - Harbour Of Tears
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick

If any of these albums has been mentioned already, forgive me :)

Yeah I love Banco, I have three albums from them: S/T, Darwin! and Io sono nato libero (which is also a GREAT album) :Spin:

Dream Theater - Scenes from a Memory
Symphony X - Paradise Lost
Seventh Wonder - Mercy Falls
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Pagan's Mind - Enigmatic : Calling
Three - The End is Begun
Between the Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030 (For those of you who like hop hop [; )

Yeah I love Banco, I have three albums from them: S/T, Darwin! and Io sono nato libero (which is also a GREAT album) :Spin:

Yeah, they are awesome band! Italy really had some amazing prog rock bands like Le Orme, Premiata Forneria Marconi, Goblin, Biglietto Per L'Inferno, Area, Raccomandata Ricevuta Ritorno...

Today's recommendation:

Neal Morse - ?

To me it's worth the price,I know is expensive but if you haven't got it when it come out you can get it.Unfortunately Magna carta label doesn't exist anymore
and noone bought the right to repress it.Both LT cd are great,believe me,and
I'm so sad because they only toured in Usa,I just remember playing one LT
track at DT gig in 2000

To me it's worth the price,I know is expensive but if you haven't got it when it come out you can get it.Unfortunately Magna carta label doesn't exist anymore
and noone bought the right to repress it.Both LT cd are great,believe me,and
I'm so sad because they only toured in Usa,I just remember playing one LT
track at DT gig in 2000

I was referring to Eternity X's The Edge album. I already have the LT cd's.

EDIT: this album is now 56 bucks including shipping on ebay...! http://cgi.ebay.com/ETERNITY-X-THE-...290492836374?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item43a2b8ea16 I tried looking for torrents but none have any seeds. How did you guys hear this album? Did you buy it when it came out in the 90's? This album would have to be a masterpiece for me to spend this much.