Concerts - 2007

Going to see Deicide on march 10th, can't wait!!! :headbang:

It took sooo much effort to bring them here, the producers have been trying since what, Spetember of '06? :erk:

But they'll finally be here :) :headbang: .

Funny thing was that a fucking deputy, who apparently is a priest or some crap, heard that they were coming, so he literally used legal meansin order to cancel the concert!!!

It was quite funny, it was all over the news (still is I think, I don't really watch the news, I just read the newspaper :p) it got a lot of propaganda ye know?

So the owner of the venue got chickened out, so the prosucers are still looking for a place to make the gig.

Fucking shit, I hate that this is happening, damn catholic countries.

And it's rather ironic because 2 years ago (I think), Cannibal Corpse came, but apparently no one cared because everything went out fine.

Anyway, can't wait!!!

:headbang:

they made little breaks after each song, and the stage performance was boring.
the music was so technical - and no doubt, very precise - that many left after half the time. only the real diehard fans couldn't stop drooling ;)
they're simply no live band at all, the music is of the kind that you must listen attentively to.
(but on the other hand: some years ago i have seen mastodon live [on tour with the haunted i think] and that too is music that has no simple rhythm to follow. yet they were fantastic to watch and hear onstage)

I completely agree with you. If you dont know the band very well from listening to their albums, you are left unimpressed at their gig for sure. You cant really make out anything.

Im still waiting to see Mastodon live, I hope its gonna be this year!

I'm going to see Heaven and Hell, Megadeth, and Down in just under three weeks (March 16th), it should be pretty awesome. Unfortunately I don't have any other concerts coming up (although there's a chance the Dimmu Borgir, Kataklysm, DevilDriver, Unearth tour might stop by).

Killswitch Engage/Dragonforce/Chimaira/He is Legend tomorrow !
Unleashed on sunday
Heaven and Hell, megadeth, lamb of god, dark tranquillity ettttttcccccccccccc

Just got back from Kataklysm. I, along with the majority of metalheads, left before Sworn Enemy started. The band before Kataklysm was some hardcore band, and all the little short-hair army pants kids were doing kung-fu shit, and I didn't care to stick around for more of that garbage. :p

Kataklysm is awesome, though. I love how there is a huge difference between a metal pit and a hardcore pit. That was the first one I'd ever seen, and it was... fucking hilarious.

Just got back from Kataklysm. I, along with the majority of metalheads, left before Sworn Enemy started. The band before Kataklysm was some hardcore band, and all the little short-hair army pants kids were doing kung-fu shit, and I didn't care to stick around for more of that garbage. :p

Kataklysm is awesome, though. I love how there is a huge difference between a metal pit and a hardcore pit. That was the first one I'd ever seen, and it was... fucking hilarious.

You mean those back kicks? Thats really stupid, people absolutely dont do it here. Just headbanging and moshing, thats all. Although some punk gigs do end up in a brawl, but thats punks - most of them are crazy jagged assholes.

The other day I was pondering about which festival abroad I should visit to catch Slayer and Mastodon. Now I see that they both will come to Gothenburg as a part of Metaltown's line-up.
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass:
I hope Slayer will bring their Marshall stacks formed as inverted crosses - IMHO, they're magnificient in their simplicity.

In the coming month I'm going to see Cannibal Corpse and Celtic frost + Kreator+Watain.

I hope Ill manage to see Moonspell in April, Marduk, Enslaved, Keep of Kalessin and Meleches in May. Slayer and Mastodon are also playing in Poland at the end of March I think - I really should see that show. Will see how much the money will allow. :err:

I just got my ticket for the DT gig in Montréal, I hope your couch is still open Kat, 'cause I'm coming!

Nooooooo Problemoooooooo.
But on march 29th, I'm leaving for NYC VERY EARLY! But you won't be alone here if you wanna leave later :) On s'en reparle !!

Confirmed: Metallica in Stockholm, July 12th! WOAHHHHHH!
I'll be in Sweden from July 8th to July 16th, it's awesome! I'll also go to Arvikafestivalen, probably!
I can't waiiiiit!!!! :D

Leaving for the Lamb of God/Trivium/Machine Head/Gojira concert in a few minutes! I can't wait, I'm all excited, nice warm up before DT concert next week ;) \m/ raaaaaaaw

Edit: FUCK! This show was the best I've seen in 2007 yet... woooooow. Machine Head was PERFECT! And the crowd was so loud and intense... ahhhhh! Sold out gig! Yay!

TOOL
I'm thinking of flying to FL at the end of May as TOOL
will play 5 dates there from May 25 to June 2
I've never seen the same group that many times in nine days
Its something to think about
only problem, FL is too frickn' hot in the summer
I just can't take the heat -

My schedule looks like ...

Down, Washington DC, April 2

Testament, Puerto Rico, April 22

Heaven & Hell/Megadeth/Machine Head, Columbia MD, May 18

Symphony X, Puerto Rico, May 27

Necrophagist/Decapitated/Cephalic Carnage/Cattle Decapitation, Springfield VA, June 3

Download Festival (Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth, Dream Theater et al.), Castle Donington UK, June 8-10

RUSH, Bristow VA, June 23

To Die For, Springfield VA, June 27

Mayhem/Today Is The Day, Springfield VA, July 24

Symphony X/Sanctity/Echoes of Eternity, Springfield VA, August 8

Kamelot/Leaves Eyes, Springfield VA, August 17

Edguy/Into Eternity/Susperia, Springfield VA, Sept 12

Sonata Arctica/Firewind, Springfield VA, Oct 3

My schedule looks like ...

Down, Washington DC, April 2

Testament, Puerto Rico, April 22

Heaven & Hell/Megadeth/Machine Head, Columbia MD, May 18

Symphony X, Puerto Rico, May 27

Necrophagist/Decapitated/Cephalic Carnage/Cattle Decapitation, Springfield VA, June 3

Download Festival (Maiden, Slayer, Megadeth, Dream Theater et al.), Castle Donington UK, June 8-10

RUSH, Bristow VA, June 23

To Die For, Springfield VA, June 27

Mayhem/Today Is The Day, Springfield VA, July 24

Symphony X/Sanctity/Echoes of Eternity, Springfield VA, August 8

Kamelot/Leaves Eyes, Springfield VA, August 17

Edguy/Into Eternity/Susperia, Springfield VA, Sept 12

Sonata Arctica/Firewind, Springfield VA, Oct 3

wow you travel a lot 4 gigs! i thought my UK-Spain was enough.... :loco:

anyway talking about gigs i got tickets 4 they just cancelled the Incubus european tour for april!!!!!! :cry: :cry: and in october(rescheduled) dunno if i'll be able to attend it!!! :cry:

Quite originally, I have something to add to this thread. I'm going to see Iron Maiden in Rome, next June. I hope hyena will make it as well.

I have absolutely nothing to add on this subject, however. Unless you want expletives of some sort... in which case: I'm so DARN excited! This is so WACK! I'm gonna go and be all like YEAH I JUST WENT MAN!